Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
You haven't eaten a tomato like that? Tomatoes are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I love to eat tomatoes noisily while I send my son off to die

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Putting sugar on tomato slices is a thing in some places so it could work. I think actual sugar would make for a better texture contrast though.

We're just warming up for the year's number one tomato show

Fangz fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 3, 2023

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I'm not sure why people are all dissing skip and loafer, it seems a very charming show so far.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I think calling Skip and Loafer a romance is a bit inaccurate. I mean there is a romance angle but I think it's mostly a drama/comedy about the main character trying to settle in at university and make friends. The side characters are as important as the love interest. I'd compare it to something like Honey and Clover.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Apr 12, 2023

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Anyway the show isn't high concept or anything, but I'm watching it because it has a good staff, my friends have been gushing about the manga for years, and I watched the first episode and liked it.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I remember that time I made the thread for wonder egg priority be just a photo of an egg as a joke, and the mods made me put more effort into making a proper thread "because the show deserves it"

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

ok but what is the most important anime of our time

sword art online

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

I'm not going to lie, I was baited into watching this because I genuinely thought that "going to university" meant that the show was about a 19 year old going to university for the first time and not a 15 year old going to high school for the first time.

I can't really say it did much for me.

If I'm going to watch a romcom it's Yamada because at least that's playing with the girl being older and at university whilst the guy is still an 18 year old in high school.

Yeah sorry brainfart on my part.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

My Clueless First Friend continues to be absurdly sweet...

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

My Clueless First Friend ep 4 breaks from the pattern of the first few episodes to deliver something nice and heartfelt. Starting to think this Takada boy isn't actually clueless at all!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

galagazombie posted:

If I wanted to see 3D objects I’d just go outside.:chord:

Worrying implications about the interior of your home

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Ah, he lives in a flat

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Mitsumi is already perfect in every way

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Your usual nerd persecution complex

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Summer season: put your gohands together

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Is there a reason to expect Helck to be good or does it just have a funny name?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Is that actually any good or are people just talking about it because it has a ridiculous premise?

A bit of both, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

The point isn't about the character, it's about how the character is used by the narrative. The "dream girl" aspect is more important than the manic pixie part, with the latter usually used as a cheap way of avoiding explaining "why the gently caress is she that into Mr Sadsack Loser".

Fangz fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jul 4, 2023