Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Ravenson posted:

Also, why is she shown taking four photos in the prologue if there's only three when you finally get the Purah Pad?

Fourth one turned out to be blurry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Frankly I have no idea how you are supposed to get to the highest island in the sky (above the home base fort near the castle) with anything but a flying machine. I guess by balloon but even that seems like a pain. Once I got up there I put the travel medallion on it to get back to it (it makes a fun jumping off point)
It's definitely intended that the player should make flying machines. There are plenty of pre-built ones on the sky islands as examples. What I think was unintended was just slapping some fans and a control stick together to make something cheap and effective and which can be used both to gain height and go long distances.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Why didn't she just have Rauru murder Ganondorf before he stole a Sage's stone and became unbeatable? There's really no excuse. Era after era of suffering because she was like "Huh, this Ganondorf guy seems suspicious." "Yes, Princess, I sense treachery as well. But, I'm not going to do anything about it for a while."

To be fair, Zelda and Rauru have no idea how the imprisoned Ganondorf winds up with a Sage's stone, before it happens.

It could have turned out that, thirty years after the battle, Sonia winds up divorcing Rauru, takes her Sage's Stone with her, and willed it to Gannondorf after she dies from a severe allergy to the gift basket Mineru sent them.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Also, I think Zelda just straight up doesn't recognize Ganondorf as the corpse she just saw, for whatever reason. And as for why she didn't latch onto the Ganon -> Ganondorf connection, to her, Calamity Ganon is probably like Hurricane Dennis, just the name they gave to a natural disaster. It's not like they didn't plan to do anything about him anyway. They just failed to realize he'd be so bold as to show up himself.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Frankly I have no idea how you are supposed to get to the highest island in the sky (above the home base fort near the castle) with anything but a flying machine. I guess by balloon but even that seems like a pain. Once I got up there I put the travel medallion on it to get back to it (it makes a fun jumping off point)

The star-shaped island, right? You’re not really expected to go up there, there’s nothing actually on it. It’s there to show where the tablet in Lookout Landing fell down from.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mulaney Power Move posted:

And did she really need to swallow the dragon pill right away? She could have spent years researching alternatives. What about the Tri Force?! Whatever happened to that?

I don't think it was advisable to hang out to do research while demon hitler his destroying civilization and he's specifically looking for her.

edit:

Augus posted:

The star-shaped island, right? You’re not really expected to go up there, there’s nothing actually on it. It’s there to show where the tablet in Lookout Landing fell down from.

Yep, that one. Honestly it's the best vantage point to see almost all of Hyrule, so I guess it could be meant as a tourist destination.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 5, 2024

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I don't think it was advisable to hang out to do research while demon hitler his destroying civilization and he's specifically looking for her.

He was sealed away! Imprisoned! By the Imprisoning War. She had some time.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

There could have been a half-dozen Gannons running around, maybe she didn't suspect any one over the others.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

SirPablo posted:

Every hoverbike I build seems to be slightly off balance. Don't care.

I've always had far better luck getting a Goblin Glider balanced than I did a Hoverbike.

So, try building it with the fans on either side of the stick instead of front/back.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

There could have been a half-dozen Gannons running around, maybe she didn't suspect any one over the others.

I guess the return of Ganon is inevitable

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Icedude posted:

I've always had far better luck getting a Goblin Glider balanced than I did a Hoverbike.

So, try building it with the fans on either side of the stick instead of front/back.

Yeah I like my U-Block 3 fan vehicle better than the 2-fan hoverbike as it's faster and more stable for me. Eats battery faster though.

edit: This was almost the final one I built- I rearranged the fans slightly and it's far more stable and flies flat.

https://x.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1767043356146979030

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 5, 2024

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
:aaa:

Well that's a new one, and it seems badass :black101:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yeah I like my U-Block 3 fan vehicle better than the 2-fan hoverbike as it's faster and more stable for me. Eats battery faster though.

edit: This was almost the final one I built- I rearranged the fans slightly and it's far more stable and flies flat.

https://x.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1767043356146979030

I like it, I wonder if it steers better than the hoverbike with the fans out on the side. I want to build one, but I'm drawing a blank on what the U block is from :confused:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Captain Hygiene posted:

I like it, I wonder if it steers better than the hoverbike with the fans out on the side. I want to build one, but I'm drawing a blank on what the U block is from :confused:

IIRC that part is from one of the sections of the Construct Factory, where you have to attach fans to it to send it up the rail to the next room and retrieve the limb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Manoueverable posted:

IIRC that part is from one of the sections of the Construct Factory, where you have to attach fans to it to send it up the rail to the next room and retrieve the limb.

Ah, that sounds right, I thought it seemed like something from the depths. I don't want to look up where exactly that was, so I'll just see if I can kluge together an offbrand version.