Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rhonne posted:

Why would I pay attention when every match is the same?

Where else are you gonna get up to minute reporting on which indy sensation is the latest idiot to sign up to get fed to Roman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

Listening to HHH talk about is loving hilarious

Cody says to finish the story

But in WWE the story is never finished

lol

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
oh fuckkk

the girl who did the bend in bianca's entrance, her mom passed away this morning

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Jerusalem posted:

Triple H: What an incredible story for Cody to return to WWE to win the WWE Championship that his father never could.

Like father, like son!

speaking of like father like son, torn quad for shane

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

The little girl contortionist that danced with Bianca lost her mom this morning. Jesus.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
HELL YEAH 2 QUESTION HAUSMAN!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Hausman showing those improv chops with that quick response after HHH said "nope" to the question there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Triple H: This press conference isn't the time or place to ask relevant questions about the company!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

fez_machine posted:

you have to give some kind of catharsis you complete idiots

C*dy betrayed the WWE Universe, made his own competition, lost the fans there, came back to usurp the head of the table, and Reigns protected WWE's honor and avenged his dear friend Seth FREAKIN' Rollins. What more catharsis do you want?

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

These wrinkles on HHH's forehead are bothering me.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Imagine if Shawn's back wasn't broken at the time and he convinced Vince to not let Stone Cold go over.

That's what happened tonight. :lol:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh poo poo they're actually asking about the booking decisions

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao

drag things out

eat poo poo hunter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Grey posted:

These wrinkles on HHH's forehead are bothering me.

Retire and sell up your stake in the company, Vince!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

movies usually aren't 29 hours long paul

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
movies usually having an escalation leading to denouement Hunter

the hobbits didn't loving lose at mount doom you idiot they just looked like they might

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

movies usually aren't 29 hours long paul

It's more like a DnD campaign with a DM that wrote this story and these drat players keep trying to do good ideas and creativity.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

fez_machine posted:

Wrestlemania No Country for Old Men

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Triple H: You never know, if we'd given the crowd of 65,000 fans what they wanted and sent them home happy, maybe it wouldn't have been good!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lid posted:

hahah yes it's this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

NOAH: We, however, are hiring.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
man what the gently caress. So like who the gently caress beats Roman at this point? Do you extend the reign out to like...Summerslam or something? But then if you are going to do Summerslam you might as well wait to loving Survivor Series and if you are going to wait until Survivor Series, then you might as well wait until the Royal Rumble and then if you are going to wait that loving long, just wait until Mania. Like with KO and Sami in the tag picture and Cody eating poo poo on this title shot, who beats Roman?????

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Triple H: You never know, if we'd given the crowd of 65,000 fans what they wanted and sent them home happy, maybe it wouldn't have been good!

It's such a coward answer.

And that the story is still on going. It's all about the story ya see

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

"didn't we plant the puerto rico question yesterday??"

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

man what the gently caress. So like who the gently caress beats Roman at this point? Do you extend the reign out to like...Summerslam or something? But then if you are going to do Summerslam you might as well wait to loving Survivor Series and if you are going to wait until Survivor Series, then you might as well wait until the Royal Rumble and then if you are going to wait that loving long, just wait until Mania. Like with KO and Sami in the tag picture and Cody eating poo poo on this title shot, who beats Roman?????

I hear The Rock hasn't been doing too well in Hollywood these days...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

SalTheBard posted:

May I offer you an Austin Theory in these trying tines?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Anyone asking "who even faces/beats him now?" Have you been paying attention to this company any time in the last two decades? Because they don't know or care

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

fez_machine posted:

the hobbits didn't loving lose at mount doom you idiot they just looked like they might

That's an apt comparison. WWE needs to do longer storylines and callback to the histories of their characters/talents more often, but it also needs to let the stories between those characters end at sensible times and with sensible conclusions.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

SalTheBard posted:

KO and SZ create a stable called entropy that just forms to squash any reign over 175 days.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Lid posted:

It's more like a DnD campaign with a DM that wrote this story and these drat players keep trying to do good ideas and creativity.

I like this comparison as well. Lots of good comparisons in the thread tonight!

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Honestly Roman should beat Hogan’s longest reign at this point out of spite. You’re not gonna get a moment to pull the trigger bigger than tonight at this juncture.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Not having a challenger to beat Roman and needing to “continue the story” is a problem they created.

I would admit that Cody getting injured and pretty much coming in, beating Seth 3x, then winning the Rumble for #30 is probably not the build they were hoping for to get him to #1 contender.

But they had Sami red hot and didn’t pull the trigger on him. Cody is red hot after jumping from AEW but he fucks up his build so he doesn’t have any chance to fail an attempt at the title before WM39.

They lack good baby faces but only because they refuse to do it.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Someone ask if Shane is okay.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/bullyray5150/status/1642720135847768067?s=20

Narrator: he did not in fact win

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Something tells me not too many journalists are gonna be coming on down to Saudi for a presser there HHH.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Wait has Roman ever beaten Seth in a PPV?

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

The Grey posted:

Someone ask if Shane is okay.

He just answered my question. It was his quad. lmao

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lmao sad Cody with Hollywood Swinging playing over it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"WWE isn't going anywhere," threatens Triple H to end the press conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Imagine if WCW in 97 had two Stings and at Starrcade Hogan pinned them both. That just happened.