Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Why’d they start doin Ivar up like Ronda

https://x.com/wwe/status/1780432278650343650?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

Some screencaps of RAW i took.

30 minute cody promo but halfway through the citizen kane bird jumpscares you to keep you awake

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Endorph posted:

30 minute cody promo but halfway through the citizen kane bird jumpscares you to keep you awake

And the bird goes "PA, PA"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

To go back to WWE draft talk:

I think the coolest/most entertaining thing that WWE did with is was the whole Heath Slater didn't get drafted saga.

It was fun. It showcased Slater. It got Rhyno back on TV with a fun tag team, and he got to be a drunk santa creeping out Renee Young one time which was funny.

But also because it had actual consequences. It was an ongoing storyline, (Heath needs a job), that got a good wrestler/character over. And had a crowd pleasing resolution, re Heath getting his job back and winning tag team gold.

I mean, look at this adorable man. How can you not love him?

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 17, 2024

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

NienNunb posted:

I think it’s nice that Cody talks about how much he loves his dad. I love my dad too!

He keeps talking about finishing the story his dad didn't finish because he sucked. Cody is actually fun to watch.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dusty rhodes ruled. How dare you.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Slater & Rhyno was one of the real highlights of that whole era. I still think about the "I GOT KIDS" shirt and titantron. Slater was so consistently funny as a goofy jobber and underdog. I'm surprised he isn't showing up in more places; I know he had the TNA run but I haven't really looked into what he's up to now otherwise.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Slater & Rhyno was one of the real highlights of that whole era. I still think about the "I GOT KIDS" shirt and titantron. Slater was so consistently funny as a goofy jobber and underdog. I'm surprised he isn't showing up in more places; I know he had the TNA run but I haven't really looked into what he's up to now otherwise.

The whole running bit of the above ground pool always made me laugh.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I GOT KIDS. AND I DONT MEAN ONE OR TWO I GOT WHOLE SLEW OF EM was really good

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope his kids are doing alright

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Feud of the century incoming??

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1780396124378968470

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

These old basketball players are all just dying to disappear from the back of an ambulance

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

charles barkley would have made for a fantastic manager

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

apophenium posted:

I thought Yolo was the one who did the thumb attack

No, Yolo was the horny villain from Hunchback.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Thinking of changing my name to Han Yolo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Next year WM match in the works?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Sandman from ECW posted:

Thinking of changing my name to Han Yolo

You gotta keep the ECW theme. Bam Bam BigYolo. Dick Yolo. Something like that.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

charles barkley would have made for a turrible manager

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/FadeAwayMedia/status/1780395233525596206

Apparently this is for Good Fortune, a movie directed by Aziz Ansari that starts Ansari, Keanu Reeves, Seth Rogan and Sandra Oh.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

stab posted:

I had to deal with Sami's poo poo for years goddamn I earned it

I'm glad you had a good time at Raw, Kevin Steen.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

No lie, The NXT segment last night with the D'Angelo Family and the knock off BCC guys implying they KILLED OFF Drew Gulak because he was a "bad apple of the bunch" was one of the most shameless things WWE has done this week. Just disgusting and out of touch.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

he's goin for gasps bro

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

super macho dude posted:

No lie, The NXT segment last night with the D'Angelo Family and the knock off BCC guys implying they KILLED OFF Drew Gulak because he was a "bad apple of the bunch" was one of the most shameless things WWE has done this week. Just disgusting and out of touch.

Lmao that they Rosanne'd him

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MJeff posted:

Apparently this is for Good Fortune, a movie directed by Aziz Ansari that starts Ansari, Keanu Reeves, Seth Rogan and Sandra Oh.

I would be extremely down for him doing this in WWE

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Man turnin into a drat klingon

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

a dumb moron posted:

I'm glad you had a good time at Raw, Kevin Steen.

Kevin Steen is a stand up family man and not a degenerate so he will never join the Punchsport Pagoda. Sami on the other hand…

stab posted:

I had to deal with Sami's poo poo for years goddamn I earned it

He seems like a cool guy that somehow you just want to powerbomb over and over. With love of course.

It’s funny. I didn’t immediately join the Kenny Omega train but the first moment I saw Kevin Steen? That was my guy. Couldn’t even tell you why.

Also want to back up the Heath Slater love. Was always happy that one goon was a super fan. Heath ruled and could spin any gimmick into gold. Solid in the ring too. Hope he’s doing well.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

You gotta keep the ECW theme. Bam Bam BigYolo. Dick Yolo. Something like that.

Rey Mysteryolo Jr.? PsicoYOLOsis? Yolohiro Tajiri?

Dean “YOLO” Malenko would have been a great Sunday Night Heat gimmick

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

roman is so handsome it's baloobas

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

MJeff posted:

Who are they facing on Family Feud?

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

super macho dude posted:

"this guy sucked so we killed him" is funny, sorry.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MJeff posted:

This movie has the wrong kind of camera shots in it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Yeah I got a Roman rebrand we can all get behind:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Biiiiig Dawg

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Yeah I understand the "bad apple" thing being tone deaf and in horrible taste but also The Mafia Killed Drew Gulak

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I just watched that promo and it is funny. A lot of NXT promos are funny, intentionally or not. The wrestling is usually watchable too. It won't blow you away but it is silly. The nxt women's stuff looks like some of the Joshi stuff I've been watching clips of.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The stories, characters, and especially the dialog of the NXT women's division are all godawful but I do have to say that the booking is very good.

The most talented women are at the top of the card. The greener women get put in factions so they at least get some screen time and reps. Women that show improvement get pushed up the card (Lyra Valkeria and Thea Hale are two good examples). Also I wouldn't say that Ava is super talented but I do like that she is a no nonsense face GM.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Sisal Two-Step posted:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

They should clarify that they smashed him with a big anvil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm going to be brave and say after 3 shows that NXT is good. It is like CW wrestling and I like cw slop.

Edit: I'm enjoying both AEW and WWE content.