Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm going to be brave and say after 3 shows that NXT is good. It is like CW wrestling and I like cw slop.

Edit: I'm enjoying both AEW and WWE content.

You should look up season 1 - 3 of Lucha Underground. Very quick shows, a lot of wrestlers that are featured in AEW and WWE were there and it's just balls to the wall crazy. Wrestling at it's schlockiest best.

Jason Vorhees is a prominent character. To this day I still love saying, my little brother the monster Matanza Cueto.

Season 1 - 4
https://archive.org/details/lucha-underground-season-1
https://archive.org/details/lucha-underground-season-2
https://archive.org/details/lucha-underground-season-3
https://archive.org/details/lucha-underground-season-4_202102

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm going to be brave and say after 3 shows that NXT is good. It is like CW wrestling and I like cw slop.

Funny you should mention that.

Edit: Because it's going to be literal this October.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 17, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Gavok posted:

Funny you should mention that.

Edit: Because it's going to be literal this October.

Lol
If the shoe fits

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Bit late for the talk about Heath Slater being awesome, but you can't talk about him being awesome and not mention his promo after he had to wrestle Sin Cara in the dark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgEzTV9YzfU&t=34s

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I can't belive the mafia Don gimmick nxt guy does an accent and his cornies constantly do the Italian fingers, under jaw sweep, and fugitaboutit hands.

Edit: one of the women wrestlers has a new gimmick of creepy, but sexy, but Brooker t who is always horned up was like "Bro, this is weird."

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Does Booker T still say shucky ducky quack quack?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

NienNunb posted:

Does Booker T still say shucky ducky quack quack?

I've never heard it, but he is the best 2nd man WWE has. The dude radiates excitement for what is in the ring. He sounds like he loves it.

He uses "WOOOOOOOW" too much though, but his "WHHHHOOOOOAAAAA" when something fun happens is infectious.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Booker should pay the actual Shucky Ducky, one of our great comedians for stealing his gimmick.

NXT is cool, i’d have liked it more if I was in my early 20s. Hickenbottom is a hell of a scout and booker.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
That Evans kid they just introduced is going to be a star somewhere if he doesn't get injured.

I 100% think Bron Breakker and Ilya Dragunov get the call ups this year.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Ilja Dragunov is pretty great. You should watch his matches with GUNTHER (formerly known as WALTER) if you get the chance.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

You guys didn't share that Sheamus returned on the CM Punk diet

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thinking about the nightmare hell booth of Pat McAfee and Booker T

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Dango Bango posted:

Holy poo poo he really is the best after all. Legend

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
The GM of NXT is funny too. Whenever a wrestler comes and complains to her she just makes the matches harder or more complicated. It is a good gimmick

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Don't body sheam. The big boy looks great.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I would never body Sheam, wrestlers with strong fat always look cool as gently caress when they're hitting people really hard.

Is Chase U still a thing? I thought they were fun.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I would never body Sheam, wrestlers with strong fat always look cool as gently caress when they're hitting people really hard.

Is Chase U still a thing? I thought they were fun.

They are and it is stupid and fun

Edit: one of the stables is called the mean girls club. They have really leaned into a part of NXT being like a tv/movie high school or university with cliques and stuff.

Then you get things like the underground fight club stable or the mafia or the Christian nationalists now

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 17, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

bulking up for his AEW run :pray:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

the ten beltnotches of the bodrhan is coming home :pray:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sheamus isn't even fat. He's just not as cut as he once was. Like he's still in great shape. I think the tights didn't do him any favors though

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've always loved fat wrestlers. Big fat people doing crazy poo poo like powerbombs and moonsaults are one of the reasons I love this sport.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

He's getting there. Arn Anderson style. I believe in him :pray:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he's turning into a pintman

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Shard posted:

I've always loved fat wrestlers. Big fat people doing crazy poo poo like powerbombs and moonsaults are one of the reasons I love this sport.

Ivar and Otis(whomever if only seen 1 clip of) ftw

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
We need more oafs

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

always had a soft spot for big sheam since the nu-ecw days when he would murder jobbers, but i really fell in love with the guy when rusev posted a video of him sitting down to watch total divas and sheamus is in the background yelling "I'M NOT WATCHING THAT SHITE!" :allears:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sheamus cut a promo on all the guys in my group chat and for that he will be forever GOATed

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Let the glow in the dark Irish man eat.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Look at these units. Japan has always loved fat strong wrestlers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzUxrqAfLp8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o18HucZx6as&t=2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_vFoqx9FxA

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Sisal Two-Step posted:

"this guy sucked so we killed him" is funny, sorry.

drat, I guess I'm just not ready for this sophisticated New Era™️ of WWE cinematic storytelling :smith:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lot of people going "drat why is sheamus so fat" expecting him to return looking roided to the gills with a massive head like he was orton or aj styles

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I've loved him since WWECW as well, but my love went into overdrive first when the absolutely hilarious pure white Extreme Rules poster dropped, which is still the funniest poster ever, and then again when he won the Rumble and me and my now-partner popped off so hard on Twitter an rear end in a top hat mutual blocked us both because they were mad he beat Jericho :allears:

Since then he's just been doing fun poo poo constantly. The series and team with Claudio was great, his dressing up in a bowler hat and clobbering people was great, and the match with WALTER at Clash At The Castle was great, and now he's brought back Lobsterhead! The only time I've been down on him it's not been his fault, e.g. 18 Seconds. Also one time during the Bryan feud he said a line that sounded like "What if I ripped your head off and hosed your girlfriend", which I still reference.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I also loved Roadkill in ECW the angry amish warrior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=putsoUCghzk&t=490s

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
last time the mafia stable killed some people they got called up to smackdown, so congratulations drew gulak on your call up

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
:fella:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I eventually came around on Sheamus but he absolutely spent what felt like years making GBS threads up the mid-card beating people he probably shouldn't have.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

KungFu Grip posted:

thinking about the nightmare hell booth of Pat McAfee and Booker T

Booker T makes Pat McAfee look like Gordon Solie.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I've loved him since WWECW as well, but my love went into overdrive first when the absolutely hilarious pure white Extreme Rules poster dropped, which is still the funniest poster ever, and then again when he won the Rumble and me and my now-partner popped off so hard on Twitter an rear end in a top hat mutual blocked us both because they were mad he beat Jericho :allears:

Since then he's just been doing fun poo poo constantly. The series and team with Claudio was great, his dressing up in a bowler hat and clobbering people was great, and the match with WALTER at Clash At The Castle was great, and now he's brought back Lobsterhead! The only time I've been down on him it's not been his fault, e.g. 18 Seconds. Also one time during the Bryan feud he said a line that sounded like "What if I ripped your head off and hosed your girlfriend", which I still reference.

lol thats great

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

lot of people going "drat why is sheamus so fat" expecting him to return looking roided to the gills with a massive head like he was orton or aj styles

It's like when Shawn got back into ring shape for the WM appearance thinking Stone Cold and Foley would too.

Sheamus texting AJ and Orton and they're talking about how big they've gotten. :fella: "hold my beer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

This poster?