Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
why does he even need to be there? you can tell the entire plot of that movie just from the still image of rock and evans. just let AI generate the movie like you did red notice and that will ferrell scrooge movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

How do you be 7-8 hours late to work. That’s just missing that day of work

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
I was following the IATSE negotiations a couple years back and they were using Dwayne's bullshit specifically as an example of the kinda crap working conditions they were trying to get better language on

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Supposedly showing up very late all the time is one of the reasons Vin Diesel hated working with him too, so if someone's trying to bury him at least they seem to be doing it with the truth. If he's been doing it for that long, he seems like a pretty huge dick.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

dwayne is a genius because he got tko to give him like $30 million to latch onto what was already shaping up to be the most successful wrestlemania ever

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The funny thing about this isn't that the Rock is a jerk, it's that people are talking about it in public. He's fuckin' done in Hollywood, enjoy reliving Hulk Hogan's final run

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Why does this movie seem to take place in an educational toy store?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Maigius posted:

So Dwayne can blame the piss bottles on the kids

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Supposedly showing up very late all the time is one of the reasons Vin Diesel hated working with him too, so if someone's trying to bury him at least they seem to be doing it with the truth. If he's been doing it for that long, he seems like a pretty huge dick.

the reason the rock is running so late is because the rock was running so late for his previous commitment, it's a vicious cycle, you see, the rock has been getting progressively later for events/shoots/dinner with family since 2002 with no turnaround in sight

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

dwayne is a genius because he got tko to give him like $30 million to latch onto what was already shaping up to be the most successful wrestlemania ever

I assume they wanted a general PR boost from being associated with him at least as much as they cared about him being part of Wrestlemania. Other than steroids (which nobody gives a poo poo about anymore), I think people usually have a pretty squeaky clean image of him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It was to change the channel from the sex trafficking stuff, simple as

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Heel Cody would be fine if they could get a babyface ready but I don’t see anyone in that spot right now. I think they’re going to have Rhodes wrestle a lot more than Reigns so his brief run with the title matters more than a 6 month run with 6 defenses, and might excuse the loss some in Kayfabe. Punk is injured, Seth is injured, Owens is midcard, Gunther is the match I want but Gunther is a top heel.

Wish Cedric could get a push, I have no idea who is on what brand I stopped watching when Cody won because I don’t care anymore

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Maigius posted:

lol

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

The funny thing about this isn't that the Rock is a jerk, it's that people are talking about it in public. He's fuckin' done in Hollywood, enjoy reliving Hulk Hogan's final run

yeah im sure the industry that tolerated weinstein for decades is going to exile rock because he shows up late

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

skaboomizzy posted:

Yep. Hit pieces like this don't just form out of the ether. The most recent ones I remember are the Mike Richards, Don Lemon, and Chris Licht ones. When your time is up, your time is up.llars.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 30, 2024

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Rock has never made a movie, and now he never will.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

walking tall was cool. he should have just made b movie schlock forever but he had to get full of himself.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Pain and Gain was the best Rock movie, partially because it was legitimately the best movie he's been in, but mostly because he was roided to the gills and looked like a total freak. It's pretty funny in retrospect that his first instinct when he went Hollywood was that he needed to be smaller.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

We know what happened and who was involved. We’ve known for 24 years. This orange is squeezed to death. There’s no juice. No pulp even. It’s just a pith and some moldy zest.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

On the other hand, he might come up with a new and exciting lie like turner pulled the plug after watching rock mankind this is your life

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Pain and Gain was the best Rock movie, partially because it was legitimately the best movie he's been in, but mostly because he was roided to the gills and looked like a total freak. It's pretty funny in retrospect that his first instinct when he went Hollywood was that he needed to be smaller.

pain and gain rules and the rock is great in it. i love when he can let go of his self seriousness and do something like "born-again cokehead bodybuilder"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i guess its been a while and maybe i was stupider 10 years ago and missed the point but i hated pain and gain. made me uncomfortable and i didnt get the point. rocks best movie role is other guys

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

projecthalaxy posted:

On the other hand, he might come up with a new and exciting lie like turner pulled the plug after watching rock mankind this is your life

WCW DIED BECAUSE I BURIED ALL THOSE JABRONIS SIX FEET DEEP WHEN THEY CAME OVER TO WWF DO YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Do you smell what the Rock is pissin

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

cream of monkey rear end

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

best Rock movie role is still Reno 911!: Miami. undefeated since 2007.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

shiksa posted:

pain and gain rules and the rock is great in it. i love when he can let go of his self seriousness and do something like "born-again cokehead bodybuilder"

All his best stuff is when he’s not doing some straightforward toughguy mcmuscles character

Even jumanji was pretty ok

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

ted turner, or as i call him, shithead

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

ted turner, or as i call him, shithead

lol

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

In this new WCW doc, will DX be overvalued and we promise that Triple H was a tippy top guy just like Austin and the Rock

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Majinfoose posted:

In this new WCW doc, will DX be overvalued and we promise that Triple H was a tippy top guy just like Austin and the Rock

i still have hopes that the rock has held onto his grudge against hhh and is looking to erase him from history at any chance he gets

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

if this new doc reframes wwf winning being more a result of the rock's popularity than HHH's at least it would be more honest.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Poo Poo Generation is ended. Welcome to the Era of Pee Pee.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

The Poo Poo Generation is ended. Welcome to the Era of Pee Pee.

https://x.com/WWE/status/1785334619618873668

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

That DICK! posted:

i guess its been a while and maybe i was stupider 10 years ago and missed the point but i hated pain and gain. made me uncomfortable and i didnt get the point. rocks best movie role is other guys

other guys is good poo poo

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If I show up late to work by 7 hours I get fired but when Dwayne does it? Give him another movie deal. Is this the world we stood up for WWE to save?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lmfao

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

panko posted:

saw these in a montreal vintage store. they had a surprising heft to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txm54DsK-QA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007