Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Pylons posted:

So who's gonna drop a slur on twitch under this new deal first?

My money's on AJ calling someone a Welsh meatball or just single cigarette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

neoaxd posted:

"From now on I need you to wear this."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq4RVtmcYlQ

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

As if Top Dolla would ever be able to go over the top rope that smoothly.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

WWE: Pay attention, please

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Can't talk about JBL and the chair shot from Stevie Richards without showing the video, because the sound is absolutely essential:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj1ScIBpUq0&t=18s

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Vandar posted:

That was when they took over The JBL and Cole Show, which IMO is one of the best things the company has done in the modern era.

That, Southpaw Regional Wrestling and Talking Smack. Funny how the Vince-less YouTube shows where the wrestlers were allowed more creative freedom were more entertaining and naturally funny than all the overscripted poo poo on the main shows.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/trillyrobinson/status/1657767105582989318?s=20

Why did I not realise NXT was the home of such innovative wrestling?

Slightly modified this would be a perfect "Hot Tag" move. Instead of jumping outside, have his partner make the tag, he does the rest of the move and boom, the crowd is more hyped for the comeback. But for a singles match, too convoluted.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

What a good guy Cody Rhodes is, he doesn't want to force his friends and colleagues in AEW to work in KSA, so he instead helps send the WWE folks there.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1663367162587668480

Cody is still supposed to be a face, right? Because this is most textbook example of "Delusional heel pretends he didn't get his rear end handed to him" promo I've heard in a long time.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/joaquinwilde_/status/1222874080107466753

he's in the Latino World Order despite being Filipino

If a US-born guy with Tongan parents can be Mexican, so can a Filipino.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

How did they keep Harley Races run enjoyable and fresh?

By not having nationwide television showing every one of his matches and the Internet to post all the results, mostly. Since it was still the territory days, he was basically travelling between all the different territories under the NWA banner, like CWF from Florida, NWA Hollywood, MLW in Eastern Canada, PNW in the Pacific Northwest, NWA Western, Houston Wrestling, etc, etc. That way the crowds were still into it, even if that title run included shitloads of DQ wins, Double Count-Outs, hour-long draws, and so forth.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

Roman Reigns is TNA-era Jeff Jarrett and I don't know how to accept that.

TNA-era Double J at least had a banging entrance theme :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Kkn0RuQns

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Rarity posted:

Already anticipating the pop when Sexton Hardcastle debuts at Wembley

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Taffy Torpedo posted:

Quick, somebody check up on Mox's back.

No need to worry, the mixture of dried blood, thumbtacks and broken glass shards probably works as protection against any spinal injuries.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

I don’t think she ever appeared as Cheerleader Melissa but she wrestled as Alissa Flash a couple of times

Actually she did have a single random match against Daizee Haze as Cheerleader Melissa in mid-2008. Might have been the episode where Cornette introduced the Deuces Wild Tournament and the Egotistical Eight.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Vandar posted:

IIRC the main event for that episode was literally 'The Shield versus everyone else' so the Shield was beating up everyone to even the odds and take them out of the match. It was great. :allears:

It absolutely was:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWXF0mu0Q4o

Just completly wrecking everybody, and destroying 3MB was probably the best part of that.

Edit: Their attack on Maddox is not that video, so here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sluaZYykMYs

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Grendels Dad posted:

Wait, didn't the exact same thing happen to Gargano not too long ago?

Yes, end of July. He was gone for about 2 months, did a job to Omos at a house, got injured, and now this.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

He looks like he is about to ask the Courier to eliminate the Brotherhood of Steel.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

What's this I read on a German sports site about Spanish AS reporting that Christiano Ronaldo is gonna appear at the next Blood Money show? Have there been any reports about this from Dave or the other sources? I know the AS can often be full of poo poo, but CR7 is enough of a greedy attention whore diving piece of poo poo that he would fit right in.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Man, even in retirement Mutoh is doing everything he can to gently caress up Kaito's life.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Shitload
Of
Money

Same reason guys like KO and Sami (and really anyone above jobber level) signed new contracts with WWE.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Astro7x posted:

I find the “nobody can fill these boots” line funny when they are literally Danhausen’s boots.

No wonder Danhausen is only returning now, Punk never gave him his boots back.

As far as Beepie is concerned, all I can see is the result of Joe Exotic loving Harald Glööckler, who the gently caress came up with that look for him?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

At this point I feel Cody is the new Dolph Ziggler. Bleached blond hair? Check. Prone to take ridiculous bumps in the ring? Check. Stuck in neverending feuds with the same opponents? Check. Only allowed to wrestle for (and maybe later win) the secondary World Title while the primary one is held hostage by the company's Golden Boy? Check.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

stab posted:

Let me tell you about NXT pay days

Tonka

Truckloads

Of

Money

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

stab posted:

Yes well aware he dragged me to a Planet Smashers show too.

But loving SLAYER?

The image of Sami skanking to War Ensemble is pretty hilarious.

And to the people glorifying El Generico for his orphanage work, remember that he had a much more sinister reason for that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv6qrCoN3GI&t=69s

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Kvlt! posted:

by that logic all moves should be banned

Given how much WWE fans only seem to care about the non-wrestling stuff, banning all moves would probably somehow lead to increased ratings for them.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Lumbermouth posted:

Mandy Rose and Tino Sabbatelli's podcast being called POWER ALPHAS is very funny

Wasn't Sabbatelli the guy that after getting released from WWE worked a few Dark matches for AEW and immediately came crawling back to WWE wanting to talk about all the backstage stuff he had learned about, only for WWE to rehire him and then drop him again after like a couple months? What an Alpha move.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Look at this flippy little Indie poo poo overselling the gently caress out of a simple move, good thing WWE would never allow that fake-looking stuff to happen...

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Okuteru posted:

Didn't they both date Traci Brooks from TNA?

Don't know about Kizarny but Kazarian is actually married to Traci. Believe his Best Men were Joe, AJ and Daniels.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Claiming that a WWE schedule would be easier on Okada's body is quite a claim. Granted, his total number of matches would probably go down, but let's be real, probably 3/4 out of all his New Japan matches are in 6- or 8-man tags on "Road to" shows where he spends most of the time on the apron waiting for the hot tag and wrestling maybe a total of 3 minutes. WWE house show schedule isn't that much lighter, and you are way more likely to wrestles singles or triple threat matches, so the average in-ring time is bound to be higher.

Never mind any other aspects like whether Okada (or his wife for that matter) even wants to leave Japan to work and live in the US, WWE's use of stereotypes, and all the poo poo.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They should reform Legacy. Ted DiBiase Jr. isn't doing anything, is he?

He might be going to jail for committing mass fraud along with his father. But since being on trial doesn't stop anybody from running for president, surely he could do a quick run in the WWE again.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

there was a count-out in a falls count anywhere match

ANYWHERE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWqgPu-Esc8

Not to mention he also booked DQs in loving cage matches.

Germansimp fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 8, 2023

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

quote is not edit, dammit

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

I know WWE has always photoshopped the hell out of their advertisement graphics, but loving hell I don't think I ever realised just how much more they photoshop the women compared to the men. Maxxine looks like a synth in that pic.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Shard posted:

Can't wait for the wb wrestling extended universe crossover event

Peacemaker is gonna be the ultimate force to unite AEW and WWE.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Orange Carlisle posted:

I dont ever remember seeing a zero reaction goldberg spear and in that clip there are so many

That's because by this point Goldberg had been chumped out so loving much by King Shovel himself that not a single person didn't know HHH was getting the title back, and the point was hammered even further home by HHH pinning him instead of "surely this is guy is only in this match to eat the pin" Kane.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

drat, that's easily the most jacked AJ has ever been in his entire career. Hope WWE can avoid showing too many shots of his back, that's not gonna look good in their oversaturated HD.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Intruder posted:

Jake did a Storytime episode saying it was him

Is Dom going to be WWE's Jungle Boy to Punk?

Obviously not. Dom was born in San Diego, SoCal. Whereas Jungle Boy was born in Los Angeles, SoC-
oh no, Dominik is part of the California Cabal, he's been a Bucks-adjacent sleeper agent all along.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

britishbornandbread posted:

Anyone got the Street Fighter II video edited as Kevin Dunn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1t2xB8ZhY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Lid posted:

then Kota Ibushi invented a version that he could do by himself

The glorious 24-sai, legit one of the scariest-looking moves ever, no protection of his opponents whatsoever.