Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pillowpants posted:

Can someone explain to me why Reigns is being pushed as hard as he is? I watched the WWE best of reigns matches last night and I don’t really get it.

Reigns was literally earmarked for this from the moment he showed up to FCW 13 years ago. It never really mattered how he performed in the ring and on the mic because this was always the plan and always how things were going to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yeah...yeah! Hit em! Punch em! Yeah good, good, put em in a choke. *heavy breathing* HIT EM! DO A TAKEDOWN. YEAH GOOD!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I'd really like a podcast series on how AEW and WWE handled the first year of the pandemic.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Can't believe you would just post spoilers like that.

Edit: This is reaching NWO levels of "what do you mean we need a second story beat?!?"

is pepsi ok fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 15, 2023

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

lmao at braun donking his head on the turnbuckle and collapsing

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

bartok posted:

I for one am glad Punk got sober and is making amends for his past actions.

Assholes Anonymous

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

:popclap:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQLnLZBdqdk

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Can't believe you think they would just rename Butch in phase 1 of the renaming arc, lmao. They are only just now starting to lay the groundwork of the Pete Dunne lore. I mean are you even looking for the easter eggs??

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

BrigadierSensible posted:

And as a thought experiment, I sometimes like to think what Southpaw would have been like with Vince's involvement.

It would just be people saying things like "durrr I'm a dumb southerner and I love RASSLIN!" and "hi I'm Musty Chodes and I'll never beat that smart handsome booker up north."

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Oh my God the free kick lmao

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1660812953224900609

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

How do I have no memory of that lmao jesus christ Vince

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

and then Brock said "this kid....is inhuman!!"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

A new life awaits you in the off-world colonies, a chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Having a long reign should be meaningful because it should be a sign that the performer has been doing such an amazing job of getting over with the fans that nobody else on the roster could take their place. But in WWE reigns are just about the whims of one person.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

flashy_mcflash posted:

It was funny because they also did that separately with both Emma and Eva Marie. Probably others I'm forgetting too.

The Eva Marie gimmick was so great.

"From Concord California, the most beautiful, ravishing, radiant woman in all of WWE, Miss All Red Everything herself, Eva Marie!

.....could not make it to the arena tonight because of travel issues. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I can't even remember why that gimmick never paid off. Didn't she quit in the middle of it or something?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

All I know is I can't wait for Survivor Series: The One Night a Year That Raw and Smackdown Superstars Compete Head to Head

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I will be watching because Saturday afternoon wrestling is the best

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

D.N. Nation posted:

Women's MITB was real good.

The finish was incredible. One of the best ladder match finishes I can remember.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

GYV are one of the best tag teams on the planet and they got them doing dinner theater with the PC Principal guy and the Rock's untalented daughter.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

wrestlers can have a little receipt, as a treat

another very good and well deserved receipt was when shane started potatoing people with his stupid punches so chris jericho dropkicked his face off to get him to calm down

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Vince was ahead of his time when he tried to make a new Diesel and Razor. Just make everyone in NXT become a classic wrestler.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It's honestly a shame that Stratton is coming up through the garbage PC because she's very athletic and has a lot of potential. Her moonsault is picture perfect.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

That is the most WWE reaction imaginable to finding out that she's a huge star on TikTok jfc

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

I've never really watched modern wrestling, but I watched the first match of summerslam between Jake Paul the Maverick and Ricochet. Is all of modern wrestling like this? There wasn't a lot of submission holding, chops, or stomps. It would be hiptoss then mug at the camera for 10 seconds. Not even a lot of crowd work.

It varies greatly by promotion and wrestler, but what you described is very much the WWE house style. They force most of their wrestlers to work that way.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

don't be a lemon, be a rosebud!

haha, remember that guy??

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

so unbelievably wrong it's sickening

ended racism
got kicked in the face by malarky blech
jumped through a table while on fire
got beaten up by Mr Brodie King
said "the heartbreak kid shawn miiiiichaels"
booked a disastrous worked weigh-in with the big slow paul shite

he was king

Did a figure four on top of a tour bus

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

what about veer? is he coming or going?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

e. beaten

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

ah good to see all my favorite wrestlers: it's a dame, not arianna grande, russia vodkinski

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

Jade's debuting soon

Really soon! They just showed her arriving on the Fastlane preshow.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Lumbermouth posted:

Sami’s rise to winning the NXT championship was the first wrestling storyline I got to follow from start to finish. I’ll always be a fan.

Sami vs Neville is my all time favorite match. Perfect build, perfect match, perfect post match.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Isn't this basically just Dolph Ziggler's first gimmick?

Bayley's too. There's nothing the fed loves more than being in awe of itself.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

projecthalaxy posted:

Griff Garrison is doing a milf hunter gimmick in roh now

That storyline might be the worst thing going in wrestling right now. Just godawful poo poo that wouldn't be out of place in the worst TNA years.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

1glitch0 posted:

I'm sure they watched her matches. I'm sure she said that she's capable of a lot more but that was all they were letting her do. And I'm sure WWE in their absolute arrogance thought they would easily unleash her potential and then once she started doing basic drills they were like oh poo poo.

Lets not forget the fable of Bret Hart and Tom Magee.

Oh man the Vince:Tom Magee::HHH:Jade comparison is really perfect.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/ZELIVNA/status/1733311542370644347#m
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1733313205160624314#m

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Shard posted:

That is actually a big crowd. If all those people decide to buy tickets and they aren't interested in the wrestling what are they coming for? Like legit?

Or are they into the wrestling but just dont like to cheer?

I think they just want to see famous people. It's like how Netflix doesn't have to put any effort into their original movies anymore, they just stuff them with enough famous people that hit enough different demographics and it will do huge numbers.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

every time that cody signs a new contract the codybus gets 10 feet longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

LA Knight understands the principles of getting over through promos which are that you should have a catchphrase that the fans can chant along to and you should say your name as often as possible.