Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the cybertruck (ftw) was there to pick up a trailer that was too heavy (near infinite mass) for legacy trucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Figured this would be a good place for this post

There's like a big push by unironic Twitter nazis to rehabilitate Hitler, they're being loud and proud about being nazis. Alex Jones posted an extremely milquetoast anti-Hitler opinion (in the manner of the typical boomer who binges History Channel WW2 content to get hornt up for The Troops) and got dragged by his own fans for it.

and what with everybody calling Columbia students nazis for some reason you can't even click through a big thread about the protests anymore without coming across a real Nazi being like "have you considered, though, that Hitler was good and Nazis are good?" The entire environment is alarmingly pro-Nazi. It's toxic as gently caress.

In closing I think I might be finally done ever clicking through Twitter. I'm gonna keep the account so I can read tweets people embed in SA posts but that's it. gently caress the everything app, gently caress Elon Musk, hope I live to see him go broke one day, that is all

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I love how these dweebs always post the video evidence of how they hosed up

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This environment where Israel is doing a genocide, and pundits are trying to shut it down by identifying Israel with Judaism and antizionism with nazism, and the administration/moderation team of the biggest discussion site suddenly taking a pro-nazi-speech stance, is loving ideal for unironic nazism to make a comeback, and it's happening and I'm extremely IRL mad about it, seething and not coping

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

punished milkman posted:

does anyone know if grok was trained on Woke? would like to utilize grok for some of my business projects but am concerned with regards, to woke

to fight woke, one must study woke. to understand woke. so yes, grok was trained extensively on "woke," but due to free-speech principals being at the very heart of its digital mind, it will not produce woke. it'll give you 342 slurs for any ethnic group you can think of though

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

In closing I think I might be finally done ever clicking through Twitter. I'm gonna keep the account so I can read tweets people embed in SA posts but that's it. gently caress the everything app, gently caress Elon Musk, hope I live to see him go broke one day, that is all

Good news! You don't need an account for that. You just can't read the replies without one, but that's a good thing!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

loquacius posted:

Figured this would be a good place for this post

There's like a big push by unironic Twitter nazis to rehabilitate Hitler, they're being loud and proud about being nazis. Alex Jones posted an extremely milquetoast anti-Hitler opinion (in the manner of the typical boomer who binges History Channel WW2 content to get hornt up for The Troops) and got dragged by his own fans for it.

and what with everybody calling Columbia students nazis for some reason you can't even click through a big thread about the protests anymore without coming across a real Nazi being like "have you considered, though, that Hitler was good and Nazis are good?" The entire environment is alarmingly pro-Nazi. It's toxic as gently caress.

welcome to over a year ago, op

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

please do this it always ends well

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Martian posted:

Good news! You don't need an account for that. You just can't read the replies without one, but that's a good thing!

if they require a click for "Read More" or from a bad image crop you need the account

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

loquacius posted:

if they require a click for "Read More" or from a bad image crop you need the account

on my computer machine you can click through to an individual tweet and look at the pictures without an account but you won't see previous or subsequent replies, just the individual tweet

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The bad image crops are mind boggling

Just shrink the dang picture

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

it's designed to be annoying so you click through

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I will never click read more

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Sometimes the crop actually works correctly so they're not even consistent

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah, that was a pre-existing thing. Twitters always been crap with displaying media.

Lots of social media actually seem pretty crap at displaying media. You'd think if that's a big part of what they do, they'd actually do it well, but nope.
I assume it's just one of those things that when you try and make it display good in an app in as many different browsers and resolutions as you can, it just ends up looking crap in all of them.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I always assumed that one of the benefits of driving a comically oversized truck was free parking at loading docks.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
drat I just realized that when mitch mcconnel's sister in law died I should have said "death via lung saturation"

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Sir Tonk posted:

please do this it always ends well

Whole Mars Spreadsheet

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
its extra funny that he went right back to posting "tesla can float 😂 briefly 🤣" tweets weeks after that whole incident went down

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
it blows my mind that a company can issue an earnings report that has a 55% drop in income, cancels their only planned new model with a note "we will just make the older model cheaper somehow" and says "uhh, robotaxis and personal servant robots soonish, no you cant see them" and get a rally in the stock market

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
It's because this is the most rational and efficient system possible

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

to fight woke, one must study woke. to understand woke. so yes, grok was trained extensively on "woke," but due to free-speech principals being at the very heart of its digital mind, it will not produce woke. it'll give you 342 slurs for any ethnic group you can think of though

nope its a mind virus

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I moved up from [job] to [very similar job] to [very similar job]

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

he was probably woke

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

UFOTacoMan posted:

he was probably woke

yeah, woke up jobless and he still drove to work 🤣😂🤣😂

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

"sacrificed a lot for the company" well theres your problem, dumbass

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

6:00am: was told "I don't recall saying 'Good luck'"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Animal Grok

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Tony Stark (Ironman)

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Eat This Glob posted:

yeah, woke up jobless and he still drove to work 🤣😂🤣😂

He specifically said he Autopilots to work. At least they didn't cancel his subscription mid-commute!

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

shyduck posted:

I moved up from [job] to [very similar job] to [very similar job]

only cause his boss died of covid

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Maed posted:

only cause his boss died of covid

it was with covid

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

gently caress the cybertruck but lmao at that angle

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the cybertruck (ftw) was there to pick up a trailer that was too heavy (near infinite mass) for legacy trucks

omg I forgot about the near infinite mass

what a beautiful mind

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the dead inspirational supervisor in that story? killed by optimis. false positive for being woke. the beta ai (assisted) accidentally thought his n-words per day metric didnt meet threshold for continued employee at TSLA but it was actually really high. tragedy

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Rubellavator posted:

gently caress the cybertruck but lmao at that angle

He likely knew he was missing his door, and was intentionally just going with it so he could pull out and straighten, his trailer would be right on the money then. He checked for a trailer on that other door and did not see one. Technically he should he actually put eyes on the other door but lol personal vehicles should not be there.

Source - I've parked semi trailers as a job lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the cybertruck is cool

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

4:30AM - wake up to go to work
5:00AM - check emails while driving to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Pead posted:

"sacrificed a lot for the company" well theres your problem, dumbass

But he was not a simple worker, he was an associate!

At least he can continue sleeping in the car lot, until the guard notices him.