Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The references get more and more dated and I'm here for it.:cheat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

By popular demand posted:

Go for HIM-bow for a double pun, also bows are cool and they shoot hard long wooden shafts into people.

So okay look in the original She-ra cartoon, She-ra already had a bestie named Bow. He wore, like, a golden harness with a valentine style heart in the center and a little rainbow cape or some poo poo and a Tom Selleck moustache I really don't know what more you could ask for?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Seems like the modern incarnation isn't bad either

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

unsticking this thread :sweep:

zone
Dec 6, 2016
Sign me up for a fairy chief.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Peggy Edson posted:

unsticking this thread :sweep:

Whatever, you post in here you get a fairy.

Glue-Eating Goblin

"Mmffphf?"

Well if you need things to be less sticky, you need the Glue-Eating Goblin! They're a barely unseelie fairy due to their habit of eating all kinds of glue, regardless if people want them to or not. Generally responsible for adhesive failures of all kinds and drying out glues left open.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

zone posted:

Sign me up for a fairy chief.

Honestly the first thing that came to mind after seeing your handle.

Zone Fairy

"We're all watching you fap."

Just like fairies don't understand aging and death, they also only have a fairly vague idea of how sexual reproduction works. You might say "But fairies clearly have genitalia, why don't they understand sexual reproduction?" and to this I would counter that humanity has been using sexual reproduction for as long as it has existed and we still have people who also only have a vague idea of how sexual reproduction works.

The key difference is that fairies usually don't reproduce at all due to their immortality so humanity's obsession over sexuality is truly fascinating to them, especially due to all the lust-laden ideas they borrow from humanity. Thus began the Zone Project, lead by the Zone Fairy.

Naturally as a result of the project they have even less understanding of sex than they did before.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Smik are you a sentient manifestation of the Something Awful collective consciousness? because I find it harder and harder to explain your output any other way.

Barking Gecko
Apr 10, 2016

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I would like the momentary lapse of reason fairy, also known as the it seemed like a good idea at the time fairy.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I just moved in to a new place and after all the drama and effort the last place was I now feel so comfy. If possible I would love to see my comfort fairy. I assume they'd be doing comfy things like curling up on the couch on a cold day with a coffee and something to read (cause that's what I'm doing and it is very comfy). Thank you Smik :)

Jenny of Oldstones
Jul 24, 2002

Queen of dragonflies

Smik posted:

Oh, you mean the former Grape Fairy.

The Fermented Grape Fairy

"Yeah yeah, have some really old grapes."

The Grape Fairy's been around for awhile, but since fairies don't age and thus don't get old or wrinkly instead the Grape Fairy fermented. Now instead of giving you grapes with a wave of their wand, they give you... well they still look like giant grapes but they're more like wine in an organic case. The Fermented Grape Fairy occasionally helps out in the Strongest Man in the World Contest in Free Country USA.
thanks! This is most awesome.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Smik posted:

Honestly the first thing that came to mind after seeing your handle.

Zone Fairy

"We're all watching you fap."

Just like fairies don't understand aging and death, they also only have a fairly vague idea of how sexual reproduction works. You might say "But fairies clearly have genitalia, why don't they understand sexual reproduction?" and to this I would counter that humanity has been using sexual reproduction for as long as it has existed and we still have people who also only have a vague idea of how sexual reproduction works.

The key difference is that fairies usually don't reproduce at all due to their immortality so humanity's obsession over sexuality is truly fascinating to them, especially due to all the lust-laden ideas they borrow from humanity. Thus began the Zone Project, lead by the Zone Fairy.

Naturally as a result of the project they have even less understanding of sex than they did before.

:laffo:
cheers!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I would like a fairy, please

And thank you

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Smik are you a sentient manifestation of the Something Awful collective consciousness? because I find it harder and harder to explain your output any other way.

I don't think so? Haven't been very active on Something Awful for very long, relatively speaking.

Barking Gecko posted:

I would like the momentary lapse of reason fairy, also known as the it seemed like a good idea at the time fairy.

"The Thief of Reason" Fairy

"Yeah but it's for SCIENCE!"

As stated in previous entries, fairies are not very creative creatures -- so much so that they pilfer ideas, thoughts and even cranial fluids all to try to help rectify this shortcoming. The "Thief of Reason" is another such mental thief, but her approach is a little different. Instead of just stealing an idea, she's curious about the kinds of ideas people might produce if they weren't so hung up on things like the future, or fear, or... whatever is keeping them from doing something ridiculous and entertaining. So she very carefully times her mental harpoon to strike during the idea's formation and pluck out the reason, and see what happens. She wants to discover all those ideas people are hiding from the fairies because they discard them on closer examination.

Then she takes notes.

sassypotassium
Jun 12, 2023

Great thread! If there are still enough fairies in the fairy collective, I would love to have one too.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
can I get one themed on hoarding or clutter? been cleaning out the house lately, so that's on my mind.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The Going Out Of Style Gobblin? - "I can't throw out those ripped pants, what if I decide to take up pillow making?"

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Smik posted:

Glue-Eating Goblin

"Mmffphf?"

Well if you need things to be less sticky, you need the Glue-Eating Goblin! They're a barely unseelie fairy due to their habit of eating all kinds of glue, regardless if people want them to or not. Generally responsible for adhesive failures of all kinds and drying out glues left open.

lmao this rules

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Furry fairy? Furry fairy.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Smik posted:

Glue-Eating Goblin

"Mmffphf?"

How does this fairy relate to the students in your class who you can clearly identify as paste-eaters? Are they possessed or something?

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

syntaxfunction posted:

I just moved in to a new place and after all the drama and effort the last place was I now feel so comfy. If possible I would love to see my comfort fairy. I assume they'd be doing comfy things like curling up on the couch on a cold day with a coffee and something to read (cause that's what I'm doing and it is very comfy). Thank you Smik :)

Sounds like this is the one:

Nutmeg the Fairy

"My name first and then my job."

Nutmeg the Fairy literally stumbled rear end-backwards into her role; she took a tumble into a hot drink and the drinker liked the way it tasted afterwards. The nutmeg seed was soon discovered to depart an extremely similar flavour. Hope you're OK with nutmeg in your coffee.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Snowy posted:

I would like a fairy, please

And thank you

You get the Seal Pup Fairy!

"D'egg!"

Life for seals is rough. The Seal Pup Fairy doesn't assist in birth or deliver baby seals, but rather watches over them. Obviously not every seal survives to adulthood but the seal pup fairies gives the young population a major survival boost by leading predators on a wild goose chase of an easy meal only to suddenly take flight. Predators unlucky enough to catch the Seal Pup Fairy will discover that not only does biting down not kill the fairy, but they don't digest either and most will vomit them up rather than allow the fairy to squeeze through different exits whole -- which isn't fatal but is extremely unpleasant.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Frogz posted:

Great thread! If there are still enough fairies in the fairy collective, I would love to have one too.

So since I already did a kind of frog fairy I had to take this in a different direction...

The Frog Fairy

"The 90's were good to me."

Not related to the Forg Fairy (although they're friends) is the Frog Fairy. She doesn't create frogs or brings frogs, but is very interested in getting frogs in more media. While Kermit is probably her most beloved work, she was extremely busy in the 90's with the Battletoads and the Punk Frogs in TMNT. Had nothing to do with the latest Battletoads.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Light Gun Man posted:

can I get one themed on hoarding or clutter? been cleaning out the house lately, so that's on my mind.

That's just a type of dragon.

"I have a problem."

There's basically two flavours of dragons: one is an occupation in which a fairy holds a location hostage due to a distressingly incompetent leader and makes increasingly ridiculous demands until said leadership is removed or a hero makes them look impotent. The other is just a fairy with a hoarding mental illness. Dragons like to have this reputation of being fearsome, powerful beasts but really they just can't declutter and need an intervention.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smik posted:

Glue-Eating Goblin

"Mmffphf?"

how did you get a picture of me? And it isn't a quote unless you have proof!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Ah, so my wife is really a dragon/fairy in disguise I see :hmmyes:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Slaan posted:

Ah, so my wife is really a dragon/fairy in disguise I see :hmmyes:

yeah. don't make her mad

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
yeah, guess I live with one. the battle for floorspace continues!

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Smik posted:

That's just a type of dragon.

"I have a problem."

There's basically two flavours of dragons: one is an occupation in which a fairy holds a location hostage due to a distressingly incompetent leader and makes increasingly ridiculous demands until said leadership is removed or a hero makes them look impotent. The other is just a fairy with a hoarding mental illness. Dragons like to have this reputation of being fearsome, powerful beasts but really they just can't declutter and need an intervention.

I see my spirit animal makes an appearance..

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

LimaBiker posted:

Furry fairy? Furry fairy.

I know I'm jumping over a request but updated my spreadsheet to put the requests who haven't gotten a fairy ahead of others.

A Furry Fairy

"Well back in the day we were called Egyptian Gods"

Fairies are hard to define as "furry" as often times their physical manifestations borrow from existing animals which are then just mixed and matched (Fawns, satyrs, even winged fairies are combination of human and insect, many creatures borrowed from great cats and dogs, etc). Furry Fairies go way back to the times of ancient Egypt where they influenced the shape of their gods as well as prototyping the first fursuits for religious purposes.

Furry Fairies love the Internet, it's brought them a resurgence of popularity they never thought possible.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

I see my spirit animal makes an appearance..

With such a clean rap sheet I'll just have to use the handle.

The Cat Herding Goblin

"Also use your brain; use cat drugs."

Many fairies are small things, and while they can't be killed by most mortal creatures it doesn't mean they can't get incredibly inconvenienced by them. For example, while they have some affinity for cats it doesn't stop them from trying to chase or pounce on flittering sources of fairy light. Even if they don't hurt you, it's embarrassing to be carried around in the mouth of a cat.

That's where the Cat Herding Goblins come in. Using their advanced skills at laser-pointing, yarning, and generous application of cat drugs, these cat-hand goblins are called upon to wrangle even the craziest cat lady situations. Cat herding goblins are called upon by bird-sized (or smaller) fairies who just can't turn off their glitter and glimmer.

poo poo I should have drawn her riding a cat now that I think about it.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

The Going Out Of Style Gobblin? - "I can't throw out those ripped pants, what if I decide to take up pillow making?"

The Out-Of-Style Goblin

"Whoah momma!"

Goblins are not known for being especially style conscious; many tend to disregard convention with a fashion sense of more "does this smell offensive to me?" over "does this fit well" or "would this offend non-goblin passers-by?". The "Out of Style Goblin" on the other hand has recognized that goblins are the new hotness of fantasy creatures. He has a sense of style. It's well out of date by human standards, but for a goblin it's actually impressive. While there are countless stories about his various failures to win over the hearts of ladies, he actually has a pretty impressive record of success -- it's just that his successes are nowhere near as entertaining as his failures and misadventures.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Ahhhhhhhh I think I've been blinded by fashion obsolescence!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Do the goblin with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Is the one time he got a date with a deer where fauns came from?