Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

I haven't played this game in a year; stopped shortly after I got to the city in the first planet and have been meaning to get back into it. I do hear good things mostly about how it is shaping up, but what I really want to know is: Does it keep being hilariously weird?

Game’s pretty consistently weird. Definitely its strongest aspect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Bad Video Games posted:

Hadn't looked at the cone in a while so I forgot that part.

As for her energy, I'm sure it'll come out in the beta. Maybe they'll modify a trace or talent to address that. I'd rather she get more energy as a major trace than the 50% advance forward, but I might be alone in that. I'm really looking forward to getting Jade so I hope she's at least usable outside of Pure Fiction.

If you want a Harmony support for team IPC, just get Robin. That's literally what she's made for. I think Jade will be a decent addition to that team, with the caveat that you have Topaz's and Aventurine's lightcones to enable Ratio. But you need those cones to have a Harmony on that team as well, unless you like gambling on Ratio's follow-up.

I also think she'll be a great addition to Quinque mono Quantum if the enemy is weak to that element. Jade, Sparkle, QQ, and Fu/Lynx would probably go hard.

Topaz's LC is literally the only sig I've ever been tempted for (since I skipped Acheron). But I only have enough pulls that I can only try for either that cone or Robin, and given the choice, I still believe "more characters > sig LCs"

C'est la vie

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Unlucky7 posted:

I haven't played this game in a year; stopped shortly after I got to the city in the first planet and have been meaning to get back into it. I do hear good things mostly about how it is shaping up, but what I really want to know is: Does it keep being hilariously weird?

We bartend for enemy monsters to give them therapy via entering their drunken mindpalaces and that’s not even close to the top 20 weirdest things in Penacony so far. It gets unfathomably weird.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

librarerun posted:

Topaz's LC is literally the only sig I've ever been tempted for (since I skipped Acheron). But I only have enough pulls that I can only try for either that cone or Robin, and given the choice, I still believe "more characters > sig LCs"

C'est la vie

I definitely appreciate the signature weapons I do have. Most of them will never be a priority for me, but I'm going to grab the ones that look interesting or impactful.

Topaz and Aventurine probably have the 2 most impactful weapons for Ratio. I'm picking up Topaz's immediately. I already have Aventurine's and Ratio's.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

coolusername posted:

We bartend for enemy monsters to give them therapy via entering their drunken mindpalaces and that’s not even close to the top 20 weirdest things in Penacony so far.

Great event tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I got a bit burned out by the "gameplay" elements (I had procrastinated because of that so just finished it now) but the story and light it shed on Penacony was really good. I'd love to see Siobhan in the story more, or playable but considering her situation I am not expecting playable. I do hope they tie up the story at some point for the Troupe though.