Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

JT Jag posted:

"Good luck, I hope you don't die" is quite literally the friendliest and kindest thing Dr. Ratio is physically capable of telling another person

this guy doesn't get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

blizzardvizard posted:

Let's be real QQ is actually a Destruction is disguise anyway :v:

Interestingly Jade's kit makes her like, a dedicated sub-DPS. She seems to function best with another DPS in the team that she can buff, preferrably a follow-up attacker or another Erudition since she gets stacks per enemy attacked by the buffed ally

She's really more of a Harmony in the Erudition class. Her kit is very similar to Robin's in a lot of ways, but focused on buffing 1 ally instead of the whole team. She's basically the Ratio support and will really make Team IPC hum until we get a Destruction or Hunt Stoneheart.

Now my dilemma is, do I still grab Boothill and try for his cone next patch, or save for Jade and her cone? It's tough.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Wasn't there a thing in her leak kit that whoever had her buff also lost HP every time they did an attack?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

out of curiosity btw heres all the element class/combos

Phys/Abundance: Natasha
Phys/Destruction: Clara, Batblazer
Phys/Erudition: Argenti
Phys/Harmony: Robin, Hanya
Phys/Hunt: Boothill, Sushang
Phys/Nihility: Luka
Phys/Preservation: N/A

Fire/Abundance: Gallagher
Fire/Destruction: Firefly, Hook
Fire/Erudition: Himeko
Fire/Harmony: Asta
Fire/Hunt: Topaz
Fire/Nihility: Guinafen
Fire/Preservation: Lanceblazer

Ice/Abundance: N/A (why isnt lynx ice)
Ice/Destruction: Jingliu, Misha
Ice/Erudition: Herta
Ice/Harmony: Ruan Mei
Ice/Hunt: Yanqing
Ice/Nihility: Pela
Ice/Preservation: Gepard, March

Lightning/Abundance: Bailu
Lightning/Destuction: Arlan
Lightning/Erudition: Jing Yuan, Serval
Lightning/Harmony: Tingyun
Lightning/Hunt: N/A
Lightning/Nihility: Acheron, Kafka
Lightning/Preservation: N/A

Wind/Abundance: Huohuo
Wind/Destruction: Blade
Wind/Erudition: N/A
Wind/Harmony: Bronya
Wind/Hunt: Dan Heng
Wind/Nihility: Sampo, Black Swan
Wind/Preservation: N/A

Quantum/Abundance: Lynx
Quantum/Destruction: Xueyi
Quantum/Erudition: Qingque, Jade
Quantum/Harmony: Sparkle
Quantum/Hunt: Seele
Quantum/Nihility: Silver Wolf
Quantum/Preservation: Fu Xuan

Imaginary/Abundance: Luocha
Imaginary/Detruction: Lunae
Imaginary/Erudition: N/A
Imaginary/Harmony: Yukong
Imaginary/Hunt: Ratio
Imaginary/Nihility: Welt
Imaginary/Preservation: Aventurine

Notes: no combo has more than two characters so you can assume they'll want every combo to be filled before they start overloading this or that sort of thing. this means you can somewhat guess upcoming characters. that is, I can easily imagine Sunday being a physical Preservation character for pairing with Robin, because there isn't a phys preservation character yet. that sort of thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Milli posted:

Wasn't there a thing in her leak kit that whoever had her buff also lost HP every time they did an attack?
yea. the leak said she takes their HP, gives them speed, and makes them do follow-up attacks. after enemies are attacked a certain amount of times she does a followup herself.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

YES bread posted:

this guy doesn't get it

Sad to see tbh.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Her current leak, yes. So she's also a good support for Blade. Maybe Sam, too?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bad Video Games posted:

She's really more of a Harmony in the Erudition class. Her kit is very similar to Robin's in a lot of ways, but focused on buffing 1 ally instead of the whole team. She's basically the Ratio support and will really make Team IPC hum until we get a Destruction or Hunt Stoneheart.

This is literally Numby erasure

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Milli posted:

It consumes HP once when the buff is applied. Though I can actually see it being changed to being consumed per turn or per attack for synergy with characters like Blade. Either way the flavor of her forming a draining contract with the ally is there.

Incidentally since the buff only buffs SPD and adds Quantum damage to the ally's attacked enemies, and doesn't actually care about the ally's offensive stats, you might also be able to play her as a solo DPS by buffing a support who can attack a lot of targets like Pela

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Endorph posted:

yea. the leak said she takes their HP, gives them speed, and makes them do follow-up attacks. after enemies are attacked a certain amount of times she does a followup herself.

Oh no now I want her ugh why is the IPC full of characters with fun kits that are good for FUA. I was hoping I wouldn't want her because the release rate of characters that are cool is brutal.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

YES bread posted:

this guy doesn't get it
not sure what I'm not getting, I'm just saying that Ratio's brief, kinda vanilla note was actually an indication of a deep level of care on his part and it's the nicest way he can express himself

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

It consumes HP once when the buff is applied. Though I can actually see it being changed to being consumed per turn or per attack for synergy with characters like Blade. Either way the flavor of her forming a draining contract with the ally is there.

Incidentally since the buff only buffs SPD and adds Quantum damage to the ally's attacked enemies, and doesn't actually care about the ally's offensive stats, you might also be able to play her as a solo DPS by buffing a support who can attack a lot of targets like Pela

notably she can also target herself with the buff.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
Man, I have two to five weeks to decide if I want to hail mary whatever pulls I'll have to try for Robin, or save and hope for Jade. I already have all the Harmonys so far, as well as Clara, Topaz and Aventurine, so literally any character to make FUA crew even more absurd is appealing.

really hope i don't end up regretting going so hard to get jingliu :(

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

She can, yeah, just that you lose the SPD buff effect. Though not sure how much that would matter without having the numbers.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Target Aventurine in the Topaz-Ratio team and let 'er rip

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Endorph posted:

Unless her skill which applies the buff is also an AOE attack, that seems strictly bad to me. Seems like it'd be hard to build stacks with just her normals.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

That just makes her even better with Herta.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

This is literally Numby erasure

Not really. Numby increases all of the follow-up damage against an enemy. Jade buffs speed, adds extra Quantum damage to one teammates attacks, and does follow-up attacks when she gains X stacks. Numby helps everyone, Jade helps 1 person and herself.

blizzardvizard posted:

Absolutely. Her A2 increases her energy regen, A4 lets her immediately act first at the start of battle, and A6 increases her crit damage. She's both a main dps and dps support at the same time. I really hope her speed buff is enough to allow for attack boots on the dps.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Clarste posted:

That just makes her even better with Herta.

Yeah I had a thought that Herta is so good in PF that I'm not sure how they'd "creep" Herta, a free unit, to sell more Eruditions for PF. For now it seems the answer is "make them turbocharge Herta even more"

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
No I mean Topaz and Numby are literally Hunt Stonehearts

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You said "until we get a Hunt Stoneheart" when Numby (and Topaz) is already a Hunt Stoneheart, ie: you were literally erasing Numby.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Oh poo poo, I did. I forgot Topaz is a Stoneheart. I wonder who the Destruction one will be. And will we get all 10?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I do think we will hear of, if not interact with all 10 stonehearts at some point because of how important the IPC is to the story, but I wouldn't expect them to be "one of each path" since they nominally all follow Qlipoth the Preservation regardless of gameplay contrivances - they don't "need" to be different

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I hope we fight them all and they all have sick transformations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Clarste posted:

I hope we fight them all and they all have sick transformations.

hell yeah I can get behind this

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I want to see Topaz's sickass transformation.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I only just realized we were robbed of seeing her sick rear end transformation in 1.4

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Eej posted:

I only just realized we were robbed of seeing her sick rear end transformation in 1.4

Hopefully they were saving it for Penacony.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I thought I would have more time to save.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Topaz didn’t get a transformation or a hat smh

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Topaz didn’t get a transformation or a hat smh

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Now that Jade is announced I am Officially hosed. Robot Cowboy is certainly a skip now, but I was planning on getting Robin 100%. Getting Firefly is not even a question but I was also planning on LC too, minimum, and seeing how baity her eidolons are (I could certainly be tempted since I have tasted the sweet honey of buying power with Acheron e2s1). Getting dupes for my favorite characters means I really should skip every other patch or so, but if Jade is after that AND I was still considering picking up Jingliu…it’s getting complicated.

I was just going to keep throwing pulls as I get them into the JL banner but maybe I should actually start saving instead. JL is really cool, and I could use the ice dps but if I’m being honest I definitely like Firefly more, can’t pass up problematic large hat women who also fit into my somewhat invested FUA team, and really wanted Robin because the head wing aesthetic is cool plus that song is such a meme I need to have it.

With Jade now, how does Robin fit into the meta? I haven’t been keeping up with leaks but I remember seeing something like Robin is parallel to Sparkle for some reason, and I do have Sparkle (though nothing special since just e0s0). FUA team is 3/4 now that Aventurine is here to stay so realistically would someone want both Robin and Jade? Or is Robin or Jade more of a “buy the solution now for when we sell the problem later” type of thing?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I definitely think we'll get Diamond as a big boss at some point, it feels inevitable we'll end up going to Pier Point for the story.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I used up all my luck for Aventurine, but I have to support Robin because of the lesbian flag eye detail.

As for Robin vs Jade, Jade is basically Topaz but for aoe, so she's more of a damage dealer that has supporting while Robin is a support that has damage capabilities. Jade looks fairly sp positive, Robin will generate loving nothing so she's sp negative. I don't know how good her numbers math out to, but I am down on her compared to the other limited harmonies both because they provide a LOT of numbers but they're also both sp positive. I'm sure Robin will be good if you like to play Dr. Numby, but I don't know if she'll have a use outside of it.

Do note Jade will not do a hell of a whole lot for team IPC she really wants aoe attackers.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Aventurine is an AOE attacker!! So that's like 2/3 Stonehearts ok.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

IPC funding Herta is canon.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

That's not a hat, that's just a pet perch that happens occasionally. If Numby were on all the time it would count.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

It's hard to compare Robin vs Jade right now when we don't know Jade's numbers yet. If her buffs are substantial then you may want her in IPC team even in non-AOE scenario, if it's just alright and her kit focuses more on doing personal damage then she may be less of a FUA team support piece and more of a PF carry.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I'm not sure whether to be amused or annoyed that they are, once again, leaning into Quantum are women and Imaginary are men (+a mom).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

5* Sampo will be Quantum Destruction. I believe