Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
The whole lack of new people is concerning. No one wants an influx of a million users, we want to know that at the minimum there’s going to be some new people joining for some reason. Right now there’s no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Do we have any current content? I feel like the only thing we offer is forums with a paywall. Hard to grab new people that way.

Also welcome to the forums! We hope you post and/or shitpost to your heart’s content

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Watching other forums slip into nonexistence is generally sad, like seeing the Ambrosia software boards go down when they finally went under. On the other hand I was on a forum someone created for Air Force enlisted scrubs and it was run by a good ol’ boy/girl club so it was hilarious to see the demise of them. Everyone ended up on Reddit as far as I know

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Count Roland posted:

poo poo, I spent time on Ambrosia's forums. Wasn't my main forum but I loved EV and Ares.

I think it was there that I had my first introduction to SA when someone posted a Martin Random story. EV was good poo poo, tons of memories of playing that on school computers in middle school

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah when the future of the forums was in doubt because lowtax was getting tired of grifting it a bunch of posters took their mega threads into discord and it killed activity in some threads. And also there’s the issue of tons of posters only checking bookmarked threads so some new threads just kinda fade away without much interaction cause people can’t be arsed to look at the main forum index once in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Some real :regd04: vibes