Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
it used to be that when our mail carrier went on vacation we just got another usual carrier for the duration, but this week it is "your carrier is on vacation, delivery will be sporadic".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
There's more and more places that mail takes days or weeks to clear, as far as I can tell.

Atlanta doesn't seem great; St Louis seems to be especially hosed? I had a package stuck there for a week or so, googling this led me to a bunch of reddit complaints going back to before Christmas, after communication with the shipper indicated they'd had another package stuck there for 2 weeks.

It seems like using overnight or 2-day service from UPS & USPS is still, generally, the best bet for getting things a place in a given amount of time. Anything else is starting to feel like a gamble, so that's a $30-and-up fee added on top of any significant purchase or anything that needs to be a place in a reasonable timeframe.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

google image search seems terrible these days

but yandex is good :stare:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Our current vehicle has an incredible array of cameras that show everything from down the sides, overhead, what's behind me, etc all much better than I can see with my eyes with any amount of craning around. Also has sensors that beep near objects and edges. When I put a blinker on to signal a lane change, my dashboard view shows a camera view of what is on that side of the vehicle which has no blind spots and is straight up better than turning my head to look over my shoulder.

I think backup cameras and their evolution 2005 or so to present is a case of things getting better.

quote:

Studies from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reported that backup cameras reduced the accident rate of backup crashes by 17 percent. The statistics bode even better for drivers over the age of 70, with a 36 percent decrease in accidents.
(traffic law firm source)

That doesn't seem to have a place in this thread, really; what is something that's related, but getting shittier :thunk:

oh