Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

So are flush builds the big early game meta at the moment? I always end up gravitating towards them and they are usually what I win with. Still playing at low stakes at the moment to unlock everything though... Its hard to make the other hands work consistently I've found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Late game (going into endless) it seems like the two main archetypes are to go all in on high card / pair or to go all in on flush fives / flush houses. Basically play one or two cards with massive boosts from hand or play 5 glass red seal cards.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Whoever said that the opening is poker, the midgame is a deckbuilder, and the endgame is a comp sci problem was on the money

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Obelisk is also good if you are transitioning from flushes to flush houses and flush fives and such

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 17, 2024

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

now this is podracing :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Discarding a royal flush isn't that hard with a bit of scumming early game