Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lebad james?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
also Bronny could never pull Gabby Union so that's dead

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lechoke

lewhiner

lebrick

lebum

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nonsense posted:

lechoke

lewhiner

lebrick

lebum

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

If not for MJ's two weird seasons on the Wizards, he'd be the clear GOAT. I still think he beats LeFraud due to his sheer dominance and better numbers

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lebron is older now than jordan was when he was on the wizards

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did MJ ever win an In Season Tournament?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

MJ was so much more obviously dominant in his era but it'd be hard for me to not say that we live in a far more competitive era now and LBJ's longevity within that era does mean something.

MJ having all the demons he has and still being more likable says a lot though

LBJ is probably better but I'd be extremely willing to go all in on MJ just to make a LBJ fan upset whereas the opposite isn't true

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

WeBwon

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ClassActionFursuit posted:

MJ was so much more obviously dominant in his era but it'd be hard for me to not say that we live in a far more competitive era now and LBJ's longevity within that era does mean something.

MJ having all the demons he has and still being more likable says a lot though

LBJ is probably better but I'd be extremely willing to go all in on MJ just to make a LBJ fan upset whereas the opposite isn't true

The only reason MJ is more likeable is because he didn't have our modern media environment. LeBron is more a brand than a person but by all accounts MJ is just a miserable person to be around. If he played when there was social media, he'd be lucky to be as liked as Jimmy Butler and would probably be closer to Draymond.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Azathoth posted:

The only reason MJ is more likeable is because he didn't have our modern media environment. LeBron is more a brand than a person but by all accounts MJ is just a miserable person to be around. If he played when there was social media, he'd be lucky to be as liked as Jimmy Butler and would probably be closer to Draymond.

idk about that, he seems like he'd be a miserable teammate but from every doc I've seen on him everyone he associated with outside a competitive sports context seems to really like him, never heard about him being lovely to (non-player) employees, never heard stories about how bad he was to work with at Nike, etc. people generally seem to like him as long as your job doesn't take you anywhere near a basketball court

like Magic Johnson was a GM for what three seasons and there's more horror stories about that FO than anything I've heard about Jordan (again, aside from the players he was managing/abusing)

e: and just to make it extremely clear, I acknowledge that he was absolutely horrendous to teammates and players he managed. those Kwame Brown stories are loving awful

indigi has issued a correction as of 20:54 on Apr 23, 2024

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

He seems to be able to keep it under control in casual interactions, but the second anything competitive comes up, he goes ballistic. Look at how much he fixated on some random newspaper writer saying something that, if he voluntarily chooses to misinterpret it, could look like a slight. He absolutely could not handle people talking poo poo to him on social media.

Reporters loved to frame that as him looking for motivation, but it's really that he's a deeply broken person. I think it's pretty telling just how many people there are who used to be his friend but now hate his guts. He's one of those deeply unpleasant people who can keep it under control for transitional poo poo like employees and Nike (though I'm sure they all knew to kiss his rear end as much as possible), but can't help but alienate everyone around him.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i think we can all agree lebron's space jam was dog poo poo

i don't see why he's unlikable though, or less likable than mj

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I can't, because I didn't pay money to willingly watch it

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

loquacius posted:

I can't, because I didn't pay money to willingly watch it

it was on hbo and a covid desperation watch

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

tristeham posted:

love the playoffs, especially when the lakers lose

Yep

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i don't see why he's unlikable though, or less likable than mj

Jordan never broke up a wildcat strike at the behest of Bill Clinton

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Azathoth posted:

Crazy competitive athletes like Butler and MJ are fun for fans. If they provide some extra drama along the way then hell, that's just good television.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

Jordan never broke up a wildcat strike at the behest of Bill Clinton

he would have though

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if you recall, jordan convinced the monstars to rebel against their boss

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

loquacius posted:

he would have though

and let the owners win? I don't think so

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

MJ was the coolest motherfucker on the planet. Lebron's corny

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he didn’t even have a fly shoe until the XX imo

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

biceps crimes posted:

MJ was the coolest motherfucker on the planet. Lebron's corny

MJ's a loving rear end in a top hat. LBJ has some rear end in a top hat tendencies, but mostly tries his best. I just can't loving stand most of the lore around Jordan and everyone praising how much of an rear end in a top hat he was. I don't find it a coincidence that all the same mythologizers love Kobe for similarly antisocial reasons.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

indigi posted:

he didn’t even have a fly shoe until the XX imo

Jordan 1 is the coolest shoe of all time

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

MJ's a loving rear end in a top hat. LBJ has some rear end in a top hat tendencies, but mostly tries his best. I just can't loving stand most of the lore around Jordan and everyone praising how much of an rear end in a top hat he was. I don't find it a coincidence that all the same mythologizers love Kobe for similarly antisocial reasons.

MJ was the coolest guy on the planet from like 1990 through 1998 and he owned.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

assholes can indeed still radiate coolness for reasons that have nothing to do with being nice or an rear end in a top hat. hosed up but true.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Michael Jordan is a chud.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

In Training posted:

Michael Jordan is a chud.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

And Kobe was the GOAT at many things both inside and outside of ball

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it doesn’t matter but the nba now agrees the refs stole the game from the sixers
haha oh well

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

https://twitter.com/CynicalNYK/status/1782796522628767979

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Nick Guy Who Hands Out Paper Masks At Hospital Entrance

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Nick Candy Striper

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

jade mc fuckin daniels

who knew he had a(n offensive) game like that in him

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

jade mc fuckin daniels

who knew he had a(n offensive) game like that in him

There's a future where he's a legit second star to Ant for a long time, and games like this are basically a sneak preview. No idea if he'll ever be able to do it consistently, but he keeps showing flashes.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/Wolvesmuse/status/1782949901753594139

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Azathoth posted:

There's a future where he's a legit second star to Ant for a long time, and games like this are basically a sneak preview. No idea if he'll ever be able to do it consistently, but he keeps showing flashes.

they're both still so young, it's wild

NAW also 25 and naz reid 24 (even tho he looks 40)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Poppers posted:

And Kobe was the GOAT at many things both inside and outside of ball

Rape, as an example