Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

kawho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Nobody in the league now compares to Jordan. Especially not KaLIE. AE isn't vicious enough.

anthony edwards gets a big Jokerfied grin when he sees Durant mentally accept defeat in that last game. I loved it.

he's the real deal, i bet he slicks back his hair and has a shirt with cool patterns.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

indigi posted:

if Kawhi played like ~15% more games in his career, or given his postseason performance even just 15 more playoff games, I think he'd be talked about as a top 10-15 all time player. he's so good, especially in the playoffs, but despite winning two finals/finals MVP my main impression of him is that he's a letdown

yeah around his time in TOR and first season in LA he was seen as potentially the best player in the league, but the inability to stay on the floor ESPECIALLY in the playoffs has really hurt his legacy

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

anthony edwards gets a big Jokerfied grin when he sees Durant mentally accept defeat in that last game. I loved it.

he's the real deal, i bet he slicks back his hair and has a shirt with cool patterns.

Ant is the best star you can ask for: preternaturally talented and super into it on the court but a friendly rear end dude off court.

he's basically got the pre-2023 reputation of a Kelce brother in that he's a big ol golden retriever - and it's a very enjoyable archetype to root for after having Xanax Wiggins and Sad Boi KAT (Ant is even making KAT a happy dude!)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Telluric Whistler posted:

friendly rear end dude off court.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
show the video

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Hell Nawl lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

he's right

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://x.com/bomani_jones/status/1786735481331314965

lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

indigi posted:

if Kawhi played like ~15% more games in his career, or given his postseason performance even just 15 more playoff games, I think he'd be talked about as a top 10-15 all time player. he's so good, especially in the playoffs, but despite winning two finals/finals MVP my main impression of him is that he's a letdown

Honestly keeping Kawhi healthy enough through the 2018-19 season alone made the raptors championship a miracle.

But god watching that run he was just unstoppable. He had the strength to get anywhere he wanted on the court, sink step back 3s when the team needed them, and he still would put up great defense. And then there's The Shot.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I'm getting 2021 hawks vibes off these knicks. Brunson bases his game off leaning into defense while shooting, just like trae did before nba refs stopped calling them.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

i don't get it D:

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

He went to the strip club to throw large denomination bills at strippers OP

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

(laudable)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Soap Scum posted:

i don't get it D:

everyone is too busy talking about Kendrick and Drake dropping three brutal tracks to rag on how bad playoff Harden is

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

Pretty much. Instead he's the Load Management Legacy guy

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
kyrie owns

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

they should make embiid give back his mvp

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah and his all star selections. and he should retire

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the only bigger fraud than embiid is this man

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

go wolves

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Wow, can't believe you want trump to win

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

[NBA] Hell Nawl can't do dis

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Dreylad posted:

Honestly keeping Kawhi healthy enough through the 2018-19 season alone made the raptors championship a miracle.

But god watching that run he was just unstoppable. He had the strength to get anywhere he wanted on the court, sink step back 3s when the team needed them, and he still would put up great defense. And then there's The Shot.

I missed the Michael Jordan Era, but watching Kawhi made me think, "Oh, this is why people liked Michael Jordan."

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dreylad posted:

he was so good and then completely wasted by doc rivers

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

hearing reports that Ant Man’s a chud

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hearing that the nuggets are frauds

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

let’s go timberwolves in 4

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

biceps crimes posted:

let’s go timberwolves in 4

I’m not thrilled to root for the big frog but Ant is too good

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I will always support James Harden. He is a cool guy who was never able to beat my favorite team and that is what i ask of all great players.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Probably Magic posted:

I missed the Michael Jordan Era, but watching Kawhi made me think, "Oh, this is why people liked Michael Jordan."

Yeah, if nothing else it was cool to see a guy who had a great midrange game like Jordan.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

he was so good and then completely wasted by doc rivers

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 01:37 on May 5, 2024

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

technical for looking mad

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

softest technical I’ve seen in these playoffs

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

The Wolves look real in a way I didn't expect. Some excellent defense here