Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Third World Reagan posted:

The UK has this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1cja1lb/creating_a_psn_account_in_the_uk_requires_you_to/

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/account/age-verification-faq/

Which is pretty lol

There are other EU concerns

But sony, according to helldiver devs, are saying that sony can't ban people without signing up for PSN. That is their reason.

Their actual reason is that they don't know how to ban someone on steam except via name. As in, they don't understand steam API at all.

And they want you on their system for money

They also had a FAQ where they said this was never gonna be required

they even hosed up gaming there, its kinda impressive how driven to make knife crime terf island worse they are lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Nix Panicus posted:

I think its good when companies face consequences for stupid choices, regardless of the impact of those choices. More things should randomly be burned to the ground for petty reasons to keep people honest. Make me spend two minutes to make a fake email and roll my face across the keys to make some fake personal data? Front page scandal, loss of revenue, closing of a studio, maybe punch a few people in a riot if you're feeling rowdy. Companies should be in a constant state of terror over being devoured by their customers over any misstep.

lotta cool zone style video games posting about this whole thing

studio mujahideen has issued a correction as of 08:06 on May 5, 2024

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

gradenko_2000 posted:

??? the british aren't in europe anymore
and yet they continue to insist on calling everything that happens vaguely in europe european/EU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
If a company does not fear people, it will try to abuse them

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

Mantis42 posted:

Yea MGS2 is an all-timer. From a gameplay perspective it's the pinnacle of classic Metal Gear stealth gameplay, the kind of stealth that is based on clear lines of sight, timing, and mastery of simple geometric level designs. There was nowhere to take the formula after that, which is why they started experimenting with mechanics like camouflage and evolved into something else. There's a reason you never got VR missions again after 2, you couldn't refine the more simulationist aspects of the later games down into clean geometric boards, and that's a strength of 2 not a weakness. And the story? Take it's contemporary, Deus Ex, and make it even cooler and it's politics even better somehow and you've got MGS2.

couldn't have put it better. it really is the best one as time goes on. it's like an album ahead of it's time

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
speaking of that, so was the original Nier, which i actually experienced through an awesome LP here. the OST is loving beautiful and the writing unparalleled and it was so slept on.

Buddykins has issued a correction as of 08:23 on May 5, 2024

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You
when i find myself listening to a drat video game OST years after finding it and without even having played the drat game they definitely did something right.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ytlaya posted:

It's literally leaving negative reviews, it's hard to do much less than that short of "nothing at all"

Liberal gamer brain

Or is that just a consoomer

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zokari posted:

still think this outrage over helldivers is stupid as gently caress

thats right, and its time to ride the wave by spamming refund on steam

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
it is close to slacktivisim

except it can actually have results

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Homeless Friend posted:

thats right, and its time to ride the wave by spamming refund on steam

BUY THE DIP!!!

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

without an email address you don't exist

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the steam auto denied me once... but i will get my ValveBucks back. helldivers 2 "right of return" you could say....

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Valve Buckbreaking

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Third World Reagan posted:

it is close to slacktivisim

except it can actually have results

This is why liberals hate it

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012