Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

it's his silicon valley-rear end lingo for playing games on a normal monitor instead of vr goggles

omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

al plays games in VR. he was referring to playing games on a monitor/tv as "on flat". it's funny

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

that was a very quick post to thread title time. gj buck

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Grey Fox posted:

listen, flat

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

if I have a sock on the door that means don't come in, I'm cocooned

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

put me in the game pod. i'm ready.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

am I a steam deck dreaming I am a man?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Forgot my flash drive with my XCOM playthrough on it, drat. Guess it's time to see what this whole orb thing is about

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

lol should get an iv bag tree to hang that steam deck from though, let gravity assist the bits and bytes streaming into your brain

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

RandolphCarter posted:

apparently you can download mods for the ps5 version of fallout? and not just the paid poo poo. wild

its by far the worst implementation on consoles because the japanese executive is too afraid of mods.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Al! posted:

on flat

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Al! posted:

tried to play an fps on flat last night and it bothered me how tiny everything is when you have to look at it through a screen. aiming was bad on controller and bad with kb/m, i think im too used to physical shooting now

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aleh.....

Son of Sorrow posted:

Don't listen to the haters. Just take it slow, follow the main quest to Bernard as others have suggested, and maybe a bit further than that. It's more of a slow, immersive sim type game than a Souls or M&B. Don't worry about stats, money, loot, etc. for the first few hours. Just ignore all that, make sure you eat, and keep talking to everyone. Do not get arrested in Skalitz.

I found a random encounter spot right outside the first town that kept spawning dead guys in full kit with badass swords. Had like infinite money and cool gear from the get go. Also had no stats and got way overconfident lol

Son of Sorrow posted:

Goon in 58 BCE writing a long graffiti about how much property he has on the wall everyone uses to complain about patricians.

Al! posted:

i came here not to praise Caesar, but to permaban him

Lmao

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Fallout 4 Next Gen Update is Live!!!

I might peep this. Is there anything more than making da graphics more epicer

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Never played a kingdom come. Is 2 a sequel?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Nope it's an RTS set during the Opium Wars. Just using the name to sell sorta like Prey

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Al! posted:

tried to play an fps on flat last night and it bothered me how tiny everything is when you have to look at it through a screen. aiming was bad on controller and bad with kb/m, i think im too used to physical shooting now

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

love this, ty

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Twitter says Bethesda said in their discord they're working on a fix for PSPlus versions of Fallout

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I prefer to think Al was referring to a domicile flat.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Nonsense posted:

I prefer to think Al was referring to a domicile flat.

he craves the tactile feedback of running into the walls of his tiny apartment while vr gaming

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/supermarioooc85/status/1783550370611957871

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lol

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

hosed up goomba

but who’s that on the right?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mario no longer steals valour

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

my grandfather died in the war. koopa shell knocked him out of a guard tower

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I had a coworker 6 years ago refer to playing non VR games as "pancake mode", I didn't know what the gently caress he was talking about until the third conversation. Dismissed it as an inferior form of gaming for idiots. He's still a VR true believer type. Also a longtime Tesla and Bitcoin fan

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

genericnick posted:

Never played a kingdom come. Is 2 a sequel?

Yeah, its a direct sequel with the same main character. The preview said you won't need to have played the first one, although it ended on a sequel hook with a bunch of open plot threads so I'm not sure how true that will be.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I haven’t posted in this thread in months as it tends to have drive by spoilers and I wanted to soak in all of FFVII: Rebirth. I can report that it is indeed the GOAT.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gonna get a VR rig and only play 1980s games with it and start calling myself a Flatlander and look suspiciously at anyone who mentions the heretical so-called "third dimension"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mean Baby posted:

I haven’t posted in this thread in months as it tends to have drive by spoilers and I wanted to soak in all of FFVII: Rebirth. I can report that it is indeed the GOAT.

I asked folks to tag that poo poo for us pc playing schlubs

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Ready Player Prone

Johnny Catatonic

Yawnmower Man

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
been playing dyson sphere and about to get yellow cubes, why is balancing refined oil and hydrogen so hard wtf

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

that part does suck, it's the same with factorio. when you get to the petroleum/oil stage of factory games they have to make it a pain in the rear end, it is in the design documents

oh I bet you want to mess around with tubes, and liquids and big tanks, right? maybe do some ratio calculations? and we can sort of let you put liquids on conveyor belts but in a less-useful way

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Ready Player Prone

lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

finally unlocked kiryu's ability in y8 where it just unlocks his movement and he gets to run around classically beating the crap out of people for a bit

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Someone said survivor mode is good in Fallout 4 but it doesn't let you save anywhere making it unplayable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Manor Lords releases tomorrow ("releases" lol early access) and apparently 2 million people wishlisted it on steam