Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Shudder with another winner in Influencer

Highly worth the watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The Blackening was so good

Extremely solid horror comedy

Anyone else watch this?

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 15, 2023

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I did, yeah. It was a pretty good time, I appreciated that it took the horror filmmaking part seriously while still being a good comedy first.

After credits scene was great

Also loved the scene about tv show Friends

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 15, 2023

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

There is a Christian Saw

https://youtu.be/ROHmBJPRSpM?si=bieRyRgCAVQKgSmV

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Saw talk

I thought the reveal that surgery was fraud by seeing that video and then taking off bandage was brilliant. The trailers made it look like he went to doctor and they said cancer was never removed.

Also having a saw movie where Jigsaw is the protagonist was another brilliant move for this film because there have been more saw movies where person going through traps I was rooting for to survive but this film was first where I was on Jigsaws side as weird as that sounds

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Deadite posted:

I’m doing horror movie trivia tonight and I need a team name that will prove I’m no dilettante

I’m thinking “Tom Atkins’ Whiskey Shakes” but I’m flexible, anyone have a good name I can use?

“My favorite music genre is Hausu”

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

They knowingly take money from dying people and lie to them saying they’re cured even though they know drat well they will die.

They all deserved to die.

100%

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Anyone else super excited for VHS 85 in 3 days?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

WeaponX posted:

Always excited for more VHS and I’m pumped that i don’t have to wait till the end of the month.

Unlike the Hell House prequel which comes out the 30th as if I have time to squeeze that in while I watch all my Halloween favorites (I will make time for it because I’m masochistic)

Oh god please be good, I love that series but that finale ooofff

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Goddamn I love the way VHS connected the shorts

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The Nun 2 I was shocked to find out was better than the first

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Was at a farmers market and dude was selling a bunch of knitted objects (wolves, cats, frogs) and then I saw him and had to have it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I was pleasantly surprised by Five Nights At Freddie’s, not sure why it’s bombing on critics side. I love Emma Tammi’s work and was really glad she was chosen for it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I also forgot to mention I was shocked at darkness of FNAF like I thought it’d be toned down as a lot of kids play fnaf

Decapitations, kidnapping plot etc

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah Hellhouse 4 is the best with 1 in 2nd place

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

FNAF Smashing records

quote:

Domestic

Highest-grossing opening weekend for Blumhouse, surpassing 2018’s “Halloween” ($76.22 million)
19th Blumhouse film to open in first place at the domestic box office
Biggest opening weekend of the year for a horror film, overtaking “Scream VI” ($44 million)
Second-largest debut of all time for a video game adaptation, behind “The Super Mario Bros. Movie” ($146.3 million)
Tied for best opening weekend for a day-and-date streaming release, with Disney’s 2021 Marvel adventure “Black Widow” ($80 million in theaters and $60 million on Disney+)
Biggest opening weekend ever for Universal and Peacock’s hybrid releases, beating the slasher sequels, 2021 “Halloween Kills” ($49 million) and 2022’s “Halloween Ends” ($40 million)
Highest-grossing opening weekend for Halloween weekend release, outperforming 2011’s “Puss in Boots” ($34 million)
Third-biggest debut for any horror film, trailing 2017’s “It” ($123 million) and 2019’s “It: Chapter Two” ($91 million)
Best debut ever for PG-13 horror film, besting 2001’s “The Mummy Returns” ($68 million)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I can’t believe I’m saying this but…the new exorcist is not a garbage fire that critics made it out to be

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Rewatching one of my favorites, Autopsy of Jane Doe

Really really love this film

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Skrillmub posted:

Tomie Revenge
Not quite as bad as Beginning.
There are some ideas here. Tomie can officially multiply now. Apparently a Tomie spawn hates the Tomie original, which could have been interesting.
There's a bunch of Tomie obsessed weirdos. They don't do much and are bad actors, but it's an interesting idea. Tomie having an army could be a good movie.
There's a throwaway line that the forest is full of infinite Tomies. I would have liked to see that.
Tomie herself is probably the worst one. She's only there for like 15 minutes and she can't act.
I really wish instead of making two Tomie movies at the same time they just made one with a decent budget. It worked for Ju-on but that's so much easier. Tomie needs at least a good Tomie.

There’s a tomie movie??? Like Junji Ito Tomie??

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Stopmotion is now available on VOD services

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Debr5KI1QIU

I loved this so much. As creepy as I hoped it would be.

It’s very very hard to watch though

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 15, 2024

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Genius official poster

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Blumhouse doing a new Blair Witch

https://apple.news/ARXjGdBSITmK7wQTmvO1zEQ

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Saw Civil War (phenomenal film) but at the beginning before trailers was this incredible trailer that I cannot find online :(but looks like Neon has been teasing this film with incredible ads

https://youtu.be/es1pFnq_VJ4?si=KRROO5yHQ57TtKtD

https://youtu.be/dkcrNh9XSSw?si=G9yMonO0w0ZXT5wN

https://youtu.be/yfkbnbILoiE?si=btKeXjdqF9bzA5kk

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 14, 2024

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

LONGLEGS is the best horror trailer I've seen in like a decade.

The red text one I saw before Civil War today was even better than the ones I linked

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Rewatched Ready or Not and drat does this movie rule

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Is original Speak No Evil good?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Here’s hoping the American version is good

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Lilly actress was absolutely incredible

Between this and the child actors of Imaginary it’s really amazing how talented these kids are

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 20, 2024

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wait I thought this thread loved Empty Man (I certainly did)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Abigail was fantastic and once again continuing trend of kids absolutely killing it in horror movies (late night with the devil, M3GAN, Imaginary)

Also Kathryn Newton continues to shine in every movie she’s in (Freaky, Lisa Frankenstein and now Abigail)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What horror movies are everyone excited about?

For me it’s

Longlegs
Alien Romulus
Cuckoo
I saw tv glow
Azrarel
Maxxxine
Nosferatu
The strangers chapter 1
The Watchers
Trap
Tarot
Terrifier 3

I’m sure there are others that will get added

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Tarot because my boy Trevor Henderson did the creature design and he has good taste in ghoulies and a great eye for what makes a creature creepy.

The creature design is what got me interested in film. They look really really creepy

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Did not see Immaculate going the direction it did

Fantastic film!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

As excited as I am for Trap, his daughters film I’m more excited for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cannot wait for this