Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Patrick Wilson brought some great manic energy to In the Tall Grass imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

iirc he fought hard for Robert Downey Jr. when he was practically blacklisted, then RDJ returned the favor while he was at the absolute pinnacle of his career.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Evil Dead exists in a quantum superposition between Michigan and Tennessee

Hereditary takes place in Utah I believe. Also Horror in the High desert.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

moths posted:

This is your 90th reminder that Western PA has Night of the Living Dead, French fry sandwiches, and literally nothing else.

hmm.. would Silent Hill count?

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I believe The Crazies was said for Iowa

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I've always had a soft spot for The Rover in terms of compelling RPat performances

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm honestly hard pressed to remember the last time a movie genuinely scared the living poo poo out of me. Could just be me getting old or something. I've enjoyed tons of horror films over the last decade or two but still can't come up with a terrifying recommendation when I'm discussing stuff I've seen with other horror fans.

the arm chopping scene in Green Room was the first time since I was a kid where I had to pause a horror sequence just to calm down before I could continue

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

*muttering to myself after the telephone pole scene in Hereditary*

"called it."

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Doltos posted:

Danny McBride and Jussy Smolett. Other than that they had good actors and actresses but the crew is pretty bland on unique personalities.

I remember James Franco getting roasted alive in the first 30 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I think last year it was pitched itt as "a prison break movie but one of the prisoners is a Resident Evil boss" and I think that dialed my expectations for the movie perfectly