Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Currently Super/Great Success seem to be bugged to be 100% so now is a great time to level servants up before they fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Just cleared out a bunch of inactive accounts and have like eleven slots free, ID is 823,328,603

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Got the fox with just 60 quartz. Wasn't really expecting anything so I'm pleasantly surprised.

For GSSR I went with the 22-23 knights banner since I had a 100% chance to get someone new. Got Summer Abby who I'm :geno: on, but I got a brand new Tsuna too so I can't really complain too much.

Picked Scheherazade for my ticket. Just to make sure, I don't need to ascend + bond 5 this one like last time, or fulfill any other conditions to keep them, right?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Got Koyan, NP2 Caenis, and NP2 Qin Liangyu in 150 quartz + 20 tickets. I'll take it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Kay Kessler posted:

Got the fox with just 60 quartz. Wasn't really expecting anything so I'm pleasantly surprised.

For GSSR I went with the 22-23 knights banner since I had a 100% chance to get someone new. Got Summer Abby who I'm :geno: on, but I got a brand new Tsuna too so I can't really complain too much.

Picked Scheherazade for my ticket. Just to make sure, I don't need to ascend + bond 5 this one like last time, or fulfill any other conditions to keep them, right?

Correct, this ticket is a permanent addition to the game.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
GSSR was NP2 Kiara and Summer Bryn, which... poo poo may as well have rolled the Morgan banner with an outcome like that. I haven't had a decent NA GSSR in I wanna say at least 1.5 years? JP is sucking up all my luck!

Ticket went towards Cuzilla, who I ultimately went with instead of Vlad because they both have old, bad animation, but his are slightly less bad

Anniversary Rolls (40 tickets+1 daily+120 SQ) resulted in
Elizabeth
NP2 Valkyrie
Caenis

and one Jedi Koyanskaya

Not splendiferous results, but could've been worse. Like my Melusine rolls!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
~300 SQ and 15 tickets got me all the rate up lancers and an Ibaraki. Can't really complain, I had really good luck on both Morgan and Melusine, but I also have buckets of Berserkers and Lancers already, so I'm not surprised by this outcome at all.

E: GSSR was a Muramasa dupe and I grabbed Sitonai. Guess I'm just a blue card man for life.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So far my futile quest to acquire a 5* character that isn't guaranteed is up to 960 quartz! (Counting tickets as 3/e for simplicity). And only four 4*'s during that too as a bonus! This of course is on top of the 1440ish it took to get Castoria last year. I'd be angry or something but at this point I just assume that quartz and tickets are solely there to get me servant coins for 3*'s. :cheers:

... I do miss actually getting new characters now and then though.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Well, after a lot of waffling on which GSSR banner to pull on (Do I run up the score on Jalter and try to get NP3? Should I shoot for NP2 on my Summer Altria?) I ended up going for the Altria Caster banner, which paid off pretty well.
Pulled Tam Lin Tristan, Summer Ilya, and Caster Altria :woop:

And I even managed to bring home the evil fox wife.

All that being said, is there anyone coming up later this year that I absolutely should be hoarding quartz for?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Got Koyan in 50 along with NP2 for Caenis :toot:

GSSR pull got me NP2 for Summer Kiara along with NP2 for Barghest, so I can be content with that.

the_steve posted:

Buddy, they're all evil.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

the_steve posted:

Well, after a lot of waffling on which GSSR banner to pull on (Do I run up the score on Jalter and try to get NP3? Should I shoot for NP2 on my Summer Altria?) I ended up going for the Altria Caster banner, which paid off pretty well.
Pulled Tam Lin Tristan, Summer Ilya, and Caster Altria :woop:

All that being said, is there anyone coming up later this year that I absolutely should be hoarding quartz for?

Oberon in two weeks, lol

I got Qin Liangyu on ticket 18 and Koyanskaya on ticket 19. I got Lakshmi Bai as my SR and NP2 Summer Jeanne as my SSR on the GSSR. I grabbed Artoria Lancer with the SSR Ticket but ran out of Dragon Fangs before I could 10/10/10 her, so for now she sits at 8/10/10.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Took me 20 pulls to get Koyan, made some new friends along the way. Caenis, Fran, Caenis, Caenis.

Oh and FGO hit me with the Trombe Override when I got Rainbow Sparks, but it was Odysseus.

Did not get my target from the GSSR, but at least I didn't get a dupe when I pulled Caren.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Nate RFB posted:

Currently Super/Great Success seem to be bugged to be 100% so now is a great time to level servants up before they fix it.

This is THE time to try to get a Servant fully maxed on levels if you can, they will probably fix it very soon, and I doubt this bug will happen again in the future.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m trying to play this again. What free 5 star character should I take?

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

...I got Koyan in two tickets :goleft:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
12 tix and 2 multis got me the fox

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mill Village posted:

I’m trying to play this again. What free 5 star character should I take?

Waver/Zhuge Liang is a great support for fresh accounts and very often recommended.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Gologle posted:

This is THE time to try to get a Servant fully maxed on levels if you can, they will probably fix it very soon, and I doubt this bug will happen again in the future.

I called it, game just went into maintenance for me, they're probably fixing it now.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just got kicked out for maint as I was grailing Enkidu for extra quartz. So long bugged success. At least got to level multiple new servants.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Nate RFB posted:

Goddamn i just saw this and maint started!

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
At least I got to level Koyanskaya before maint. I just thought I was lucky with the successes.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah I got Koyan up but, drat lol

Also I know it's lovely to complain about good gacha luck but goddamn did Morgan, Melusine, and Koyan so close together destroy my QP stocks.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
GSSR got me Van Gogh (new and super exciting!!) and Tsuna (new and considerably less so!) Wanted Mel but I will take it.

What felt like infinite pulls but was probably closer to 70-100 got me Koyanskaya. Much as I'd like NP2, if I hoard now and spam interludes I can turn my guaranteed fox pity into guaranteed fae pity in two weeks. :toot:

I'll use tikit on calter once the game lets me back in

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

the_steve posted:

To expand on what other people said:

-Oberon in a few weeks, who is uniquely good at giving people a shitload of charge and NP damage immediately in exchange for making them useless the next round. I'm not seriously going for him because making hyperfast clears doesn't do much for me, but he is objectively really good.
-LB6 has a long tail, so we're getting more reruns of the previous really good banners
-Koyanskaya of Light's getting another rerun around New Years
-Moving onto less good upcoming banners, none of the Summer servants this year are bad*, but they also aren't must-haves. Unless you have glaring holes in your servant roster, you only roll on these banners for love. (Okay, on second thought Avenger Kama's really good and the only person in her specific niche right now is Space Ishtar. She's probably worth mentioning.)
-For Halloween, the big SSR Jacques de Molay is honestly kind of mediocre. Am I still going to roll hard for her? Yes, because diabolic Foreigners with gender stuff is my brand.
-There's a new Gudaguda in November, and it's again good but not meta-defining the way Koyanskaya and Oberon are. Izumu no Okuni is unique as a Buster/Quick/crit focused Caster but that isn't a niche you really need to fill, and Big Ryoma is a really good looping AOE Arts Lancer but there's already a few of those.
-And of course, there's a bunch of reruns sprinkled in there that you can look up on your own. I'm not going into them because none of them are meta-defining and you probably either got them or decided you didn't want them that badly when they last came around a year+ ago.

*Okay, Rider Caenis is kind of lame, but that's because he has effectively the same kit as default Caenis. Oh wow, another AoE Buster servant with some crit bonuses. Be still, my heart.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Summer Kama is supposed to be a real good neutral looper option if you don't already have Spishtar, right?

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I'm ready for Oberon, got enough quartz saved up to hit pity twice :v:

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Oh Snapple! posted:

Summer Kama is supposed to be a real good neutral looper option if you don't already have Spishtar, right?

Yeah, I just forgot about her and had to edit my post real quick. Her and Ishtar are some of the only characters in that "throw them at literally any node with Castoria and they'll loop through the entire thing" category. iirc the next Gudaguda welfare is also pretty good at that, but SSRs give you more wiggle room.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Used 390 sq which was everything, got nothing, started chucking tickets got her with the 9th one and then got kicked out for maintenance.

Still have over 300sq in fragments for Oberon.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Welp. My luck's finally run out 400-ish quartz and 30 tickets and nothing to show for it but some 4* lancer NP levels.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
LMFAO apparently they introduced a bug where you could get 1000% of Great Success when leveling a servant.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

confusion! I got Valkyrie to NP4

effectively no one else is above even NP2, and those are super rare. thanks, gacha????

(but also I GOT KOYAN YAY)

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

the_steve posted:

SSR left this year.
- Oberon (meta-defining buster support)
- Summer Okita Alter (pretty vanilla AoE Quick Saber with 30% charge and buff removal)
- Summer Kama (AoE Arts Avenger, a debuff focused Space Isthar clone)
- Izumo no Okuni (ST quick Caster)
- Lancer Ryoma (AoE Lancer, a defensive focused Space Ishtar clone)
- Jaques Molay (curse focused AoE quick foreigner with 50% charge)
- Tai Gong Wang (semisupport AoE quick rider with antidivine niche)

SSR in the first sixth months of next year.
- Koyanskaya of Darkness (AoE Buster Foreigner with multi core capabilities and beast Servants semisupport capabilities)
- Bazett (gimmicky but superbuffed Quick Alter Ego able to cross counter enemy attacks. Basically a well made, usable SSR Angra)
- Trung Sisters (quite vanilla ST Arts Saber)
- Super Bunyan (ST Buster Alter Ego, the more she hits or gets hit and the stronger she gets)
- Constantine XI (Semisupport unit able to buff defense to 100 for 1 turn and to buff Roman centered allies)
- Charlemagne (AoE Quick Saber with 30% charge and a targetable invincibility)
- James Moriarty (Ruler) (AoE Arts Ruler, an alignment-focused Space Ishtar clone)
- Kyokutei Bakin (AoE Arts Rider crit focused semisupport)
- Minamoto no Tametomo (AoE Buster Archer, the more he waits before a hit and the stronger he gets)

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 3, 2023

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
thanks to the mod that fixed the title joke for me :toot:

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Lurks With Wolves posted:

To expand on what other people said:

-Oberon in a few weeks, who is uniquely good at giving people a shitload of charge and NP damage immediately in exchange for making them useless the next round. I'm not seriously going for him because making hyperfast clears doesn't do much for me, but he is objectively really good.
-LB6 has a long tail, so we're getting more reruns of the previous really good banners
-Koyanskaya of Light's getting another rerun around New Years
-Moving onto less good upcoming banners, none of the Summer servants this year are bad*, but they also aren't must-haves. Unless you have glaring holes in your servant roster, you only roll on these banners for love. (Okay, on second thought Avenger Kama's really good and the only person in her specific niche right now is Space Ishtar. She's probably worth mentioning.)
-For Halloween, the big SSR Jacques de Molay is honestly kind of mediocre. Am I still going to roll hard for her? Yes, because diabolic Foreigners with gender stuff is my brand.
-There's a new Gudaguda in November, and it's again good but not meta-defining the way Koyanskaya and Oberon are. Izumu no Okuni is unique as a Buster/Quick/crit focused Caster but that isn't a niche you really need to fill, and Big Ryoma is a really good looping AOE Arts Lancer but there's already a few of those.
-And of course, there's a bunch of reruns sprinkled in there that you can look up on your own. I'm not going into them because none of them are meta-defining and you probably either got them or decided you didn't want them that badly when they last came around a year+ ago.

*Okay, Rider Caenis is kind of lame, but that's because he has effectively the same kit as default Caenis. Oh wow, another AoE Buster servant with some crit bonuses. Be still, my heart.

I'm probably gonna try for Summer Kama and I'm definitely gonna get Ryouma. I love him and Oryou too much not to.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Goredolf made a BLT in the 3 star Anni CE, I love this dude so much

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Lost my 2/5 chance at Castoria/Morgan and got Miss Crane. Thankfully I like that white mage look, and she appears to be a decent support.

Zeroed out my newbie & anniversary quartz exactsies, including the couple from extra maintenance, to get KoL on my final 11-pull out of six.

Got a handful of cool 3 and 4 stars and a whole pile who look like the Fire Emblem Hero chaff that game would fill your barracks with. Which I have to give FGO props for, I'm at 80/600. I don't know how fast that will fill up but I fully expected to be hit with demands to pay to increase my servant space by now.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Got Koyanskaya pretty painlessly, GSSR roll was Murasaki and a dupe Junao. In the worst case scenario, I've got enough rolls in reserve to hit pity on Oberon, so I'm set for personal must-haves until Valentine's hits.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Koyanskaya in three tickets, the scales are balanced and the game is forgiven for denying me Morgan and making me use up way too much to get Melusine. Vitch has made that Melusine splurge retroactively justified!

Got Ivan from the GSSR, which isn't Skadi or Nero, but he's cool and will do well with my new assassin fox as well, especially when he gets his charge Soon Enough.

Now I have a goodly hoard for Oberon and just need to decide what free SSR to get. I think it's Altria, Tesla, or Napoleon.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

This Koyanskaya banner was some sort of Lancer hidden rateup, I got tons of them including something preposterous like NP6 Qin Liangyu. And Zerkerlot, sure. And Caenis! (thought he was limited) She ended up showing on tickets but I'm probably SOL on Oberon, rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Traveller posted:

This Koyanskaya banner was some sort of Lancer hidden rateup, I got tons of them including something preposterous like NP6 Qin Liangyu. And Zerkerlot, sure. And Caenis! (thought he was limited) She ended up showing on tickets but I'm probably SOL on Oberon, rip

Nothing hidden about it. Qin, Caenis and the Valkyries are on the banner for some reason.