Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

' X is only good when my team does it' isn't exactly a novel and unseen phenomenon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

webmeister posted:

I know why, but it’s still loving hilarious that the medals are brought out by flight attendants

wow you are not wrong

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Infantino looking so cool in his dark suit and white kicks

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

So are 'Straya getting rid of the monarchy or not? Can they hurry up with it?

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

wait do the fifa offficials get medals? what is happening here

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Johnny Baby rocking the suit with white trainers, gently caress it looks awful

Elsa Maria
Jun 7, 2013

vyelkin posted:

more like Lucy Silver

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

2Fast2Nutricious posted:

wait do the fifa offficials get medals? what is happening here

what the gently caress is this?!

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

wasn't there a boot to give out as well? does she get it mailed to her door

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://twitter.com/jonathanliew/status/1693235009652392088

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Give a medal to the var cameras for they never lied

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive

vyelkin posted:

more like Lucy Silver

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
LOL at the Spanish team celebrating around but not with their coach.

e: f, b.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Lmao I just realised that’s Zabaleta standing next to the Spanish royals

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Could easily have been a lot worse than 1-0, England never really showed up

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
poo poo final, but the tournament was awesome. Lots of great play, the 32 team format was a success, US getting kicked out early.

Elsa Maria
Jun 7, 2013

Lmfao I saw the gap but didn't see how deliberately it formed

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

TDepressionEarl posted:

wasn't there a boot to give out as well? does she get it mailed to her door

Disparaging the boot is a bootable offense

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is the Spanish coach a sexpest or something why are they ignoring him

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
don't know about sexpest but he is a dickhead they hate

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

someone posted it pages back but yeah he's a nepobaby failson who's a controlling shithead and toxic (and who knows, maybe a sex pest too). but they can't get rid of him because his dad is head of the spanish FA or something lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

there wasn't much timewasting, spain still tried to score during stoppage time

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

webmeister posted:

I would agree with you except literally every team does this

England did it from about 75 minutes in the semi final

For reals. I wanted England to win this one but no complaints about anything Spain did because it’d would be hypocritical as gently caress.

The only valid grievance from that game is that the teenager (sorry, forget her name) should have gotten a second yellow for kicking the ball away, that was bobbins.

slorb
May 14, 2002
Anyone know what the odds are on each of the four bids for 2027? I saw someone convinced that the FIFA fix was in and USA/Mexico had already unofficially won.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Let me share some unique Ethpanya soccer experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the ball, follow the off ball movement. Look for triangles to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the second pass, not the first. Watch the tight control and decision making. Don't appreciate the pass that was made, appreciate the pass that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful.

Watch the instant pressure applied once the ball is lost. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain possession without making foolish passes for long stretches. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly difficult to do both physically and tactically look so easy that it becomes boring.

Or you can just say lol Ethpanya matches are boring and hate them.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

paddyboat posted:

Let me share some unique Ethpanya soccer experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the ball, follow the off ball movement. Look for triangles to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the second pass, not the first. Watch the tight control and decision making. Don't appreciate the pass that was made, appreciate the pass that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful.

Watch the instant pressure applied once the ball is lost. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain possession without making foolish passes for long stretches. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly difficult to do both physically and tactically look so easy that it becomes boring.

No

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
It also sucks when no one gets a hit in baseball even though it takes a lot of skill op

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

paddyboat posted:

what's for dinner, english sandwich?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is the Spanish coach a sexpest or something why are they ignoring him

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/19/no-envy-for-spains-exiles-as-vildas-world-cup-run-fails-to-bring-unity

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
we still believe

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Love a good bit of shithousery unless it's against my team in which case it's Ruining The Game

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/barneyronay/status/1693257732659286124

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/AlexandravonNah/status/1693298368708014097

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
is 13 minutes the record for added time in a professional football match, i don't think i've ever seen more than 8 before

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

JollyBoyJohn posted:

is 13 minutes the record for added time in a professional football match, i don't think i've ever seen more than 8 before

“The record for the longest stoppage time in football was made during a Carabao Cup match between Burton Albion and Bournemouth in 2019. A total of 28 minutes were added as stoppage time after the floodlights stopped working three times during the match.”

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

slorb posted:

Anyone know what the odds are on each of the four bids for 2027? I saw someone convinced that the FIFA fix was in and USA/Mexico had already unofficially won.

I'd say Brazil is the favorite for 2027, if only because being held between a men's WC and the Olympics in the States would be stupid (for FIFA in terms of getting money).

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

CubanMissile posted:

Shiiiit,, Spain was downright active at the end compared to when USA played Brazil and Marta was faking injuries every thirty seconds to the point where she called for a stretcher and then hopped off it once the game resumed. Don’t know what ya’ll are complaining about.

Yeah, like that one attack with a player breaking forward who couldn't quite get past the defender but kept sprinting forward instead of holding up, I was a bit surprised by that.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that pretty much every team sport with a game clock has some sort of time wasting strat, you don't get points for style (in fact that's exactly what we've been criticizing Spain's men's team for!)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Gonna goldmine this thread for posterity btw so get your 5s and cool posts in now

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

vyelkin posted:

more like Lucy Silver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I spent all day staying spoiler free to watch recorded then spent the whole match not wanting to watch it.

rip are lasses, they tried ⭐