Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Pinecone Sample posted:

Have to give credit to Netherlands for improving their defensive line tremendously since 1940 though

Nice jinx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

It’s possible they will win or lose, got it

Many people have said that it's a funny old game.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Terminally Bored posted:

Big lol at the American league playing during the world cup. :911: exceptionalism forever

It's actually a US-Mexico club tournament but close enough.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

whypick1 posted:

That's the men's league though. NWSL is also playing through this break as well, but it's mostly a mid-season tourney separate from the regular season where teams would mostly be playing backups even if it wasn't during the World Cup.

Oh duh didn't think of that, a shameful display. :smith:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

webmeister posted:

Risky as gently caress, but I can kinda see why it overturned, it was basically shoulder to shoulder

But it would’ve been extremely funny if the first shot on target was a pen

Think it was a combination of that and she wasn't gonna get the ball (which shouldn't matter but it's an excuse if they're looking for one).

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

It would be sweet if they could give the men a lesson in actually scoring some facking goals. :v:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Ahahaha yes!

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

PostNouveau posted:

Oh drat

She looked offsides live

Ban this sick filth!

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

whypick1 posted:

So we're destined for penalties, right?

Only if we can't get a winner after 120...135 minutes?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

More like Beerenstain amirite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

CubanMissile posted:

Shiiiit,, Spain was downright active at the end compared to when USA played Brazil and Marta was faking injuries every thirty seconds to the point where she called for a stretcher and then hopped off it once the game resumed. Don’t know what ya’ll are complaining about.

Yeah, like that one attack with a player breaking forward who couldn't quite get past the defender but kept sprinting forward instead of holding up, I was a bit surprised by that.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that pretty much every team sport with a game clock has some sort of time wasting strat, you don't get points for style (in fact that's exactly what we've been criticizing Spain's men's team for!)