Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slorb
May 14, 2002
McCabe is such a weapon, she reminds me of Kerr in the way she's much stronger than her size would suggest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slorb
May 14, 2002
Haiti rules, they're playing really physical but not in a dirty way, in a I'm going to take the ball from you and you can't stop me way.

slorb
May 14, 2002
Woah what a goal!

slorb
May 14, 2002
Holy poo poo what a goal!

slorb
May 14, 2002
Its going to be rough for Canadian soccer if as seems likely the big European teams really start increasing their spending on women's teams over the next few years because having a financially stable NWSL next door has been a huge advantage for them.

slorb
May 14, 2002
Portugal is playing great positive football and the US needs a new coach.

slorb
May 14, 2002
Based on that, Sweden is going to absolutely dunk on the US in the RO16.

slorb
May 14, 2002
I think long term the uswnt is still in a good position because they're always going to have a huge talent pool, lots of dedicated fans, and sponsors with a bunch of money and they're not always going to have a Mr Bean level coach like Vlatko.

I think the most likely scenario is a RO16 loss, the coaching staff get fired and they come back in 2027 with more focus on scouting/developing technical midfield players and building a team that can execute actual game plans.

slorb
May 14, 2002
hell yeah south africa!

slorb
May 14, 2002
Booooooyaaaaaaah!

slorb
May 14, 2002
Morocco vs France is going to be another chance to fight against colonialism.

slorb
May 14, 2002
Norway only just got their poo poo together and now they have to play a team that beat Spain 4-0, seems unfair somehow.

slorb
May 14, 2002
Man that was uncanny

slorb
May 14, 2002
HELL YEAHHHHHH

slorb
May 14, 2002
Man I hope Norway doesnt score because they'll park the bus again the second they do.

slorb
May 14, 2002
Miyazawa (and Tanaka, and Endo) are just so faaaast

slorb
May 14, 2002
man, how deep is the chelsea team if thats their backup keeper.

slorb
May 14, 2002
my money is on musevic

slorb
May 14, 2002
Stuff keeps happening to stop Sam Kerr from actually playing

slorb
May 14, 2002
its coming home (to almost the furthest point from england)

slorb
May 14, 2002
There's a bunch of low hanging fruit the US federation can change to make the USWNT a strong program again.

Hiring a decent coach, making the squad selection process less focused on the NWSL and less political, and ending the goofy practice of packing the development pipeline with forwards to the point that half of them end up playing out of position in defence.

I think creating a support structure for the best US prospects who skip college and go play in Europe would also get a really high return on investment.

slorb
May 14, 2002

Terminally Bored posted:

What do you mean by 'less political'?

From what I've heard they have a solid list of 50-60 names going into each competitive cycle, but the process of cutting that long list down to the final 23 player squad is murky as hell and not based on current club performance or performance in camps.

slorb
May 14, 2002
The english media are going to reach "ads with USWNT players in them" levels of insufferable if they win this.

slorb
May 14, 2002
Short of winning the whole thing, I think losing to a grubby English team in the semis was probably the best possible result for the future of women's football in Australia.

I don't think England is going to keep funding their women's team properly once the novelty of winning something wears off and the player base starts to reflect the ethnic/socioeconomic background of English football more broadly.

This was one of our last chances to actually get beaten by a decent English team, creating a generation of Australian players who will go on to crush badly run English teams repeatedly in the 2030s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slorb
May 14, 2002
Anyone know what the odds are on each of the four bids for 2027? I saw someone convinced that the FIFA fix was in and USA/Mexico had already unofficially won.