Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Lib and let die posted:

ait with a nuke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

almost every student who had attendance problems last year got their attendance appealed by committee and restored. to actually enforce attendance would draw the attention to the state DoE who might start asking questions or penalizing your staff with performance metrics

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Covid outages (and the ensuring labor dispute) likely led our school district to abandon a 40 year partnership with a bus company for their leading competitor days before the year begins and it's created a huge poo poo show

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Covid is fully back - 15 teachers out without subs in my building alone

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

it's kinda funny to think that just four years ago not having subs coordinated for your dept was a huge logistical failure that came down on the building admin. now it's just every other day from Sept - April

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

if the classes are canceled we send kids to the cafeteria or the auditorium if there's someone on duty to watch them. we can't send them to the library anymore for silent study because there literally isn't enough chairs for when classes get canceled routinely. my duty period is now literally no longer to do reading and writing support but to watch kids in the caf

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

also my district blew up a 40 year bus company partnership to go to their competitor because of bus driver shortages and consolidated routes but guess what? shiny new expensive competitor just announced a shortage and consolidated routes lol

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

anecdotal but chronic absenteeism is down this year but maybe because our district did a big onboarding push for the freshman this year who were our biggest problem cohort for it. now we have to deal with the "selective absenteeism" aka in the building but not showing up to class cause you can just hide amongst the canceled classes lol. good luck everyone that'll be easy to fix

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Gunshow Poophole posted:

all this poo poo is awful but this is low key impressive to me, the level of steez a 15 year old has to have to just Face In The Crowd it is inspiring lol

this would have NEVER worked for me in high school

there's a homeroom equivalent at the start and end of the week and one of the junior teachers claims there's a kid on his roster he has literally never seen

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

getting the flu shot and new covid vax Tuesday, wish me luck goons

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

CVS just canceled my appt tomorrow citing low inventory. whomp whomp

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

flu shot in one arm, covid shot in the other. feeling very powerful right now (my whole body hurts)

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the Covid scythe is making its way through schools right on schedule in case anyone was wondering

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

update: the kids who had Covid coming back from break last week have now given it to faculty this week

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

so many of our cafeteria workers are on "temporary leaves of absence to care for their families" one of the school cafeterias is entirely shut down until further notice. this is absolutely grim

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Cuttlefush posted:

she's right

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

what if I only drink the more expensive ultra filtered milk am I good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

NeonPunk posted:

Tbh I can cope without milk no problem. It's butter that I'm going to have a hard time dealing without.

I've made a significant dent in reducing the total animal products in my diet since 2020 but I cannot abandon butter