Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Doomykins posted:

Aren't they already steadily destroying their audience with the slow poison of the games problems? No new toys for 3-6 months would hurt but what's the alternative, just tough it out until the actual crash or somebody floats DbD 2 in a meeting?

If it gets you through next month then it still works, in a sense.

The smart thing would be to just skip a chapter, take the hit, and use that time to create a chapter and a half while the code monkeys hit things with wrenches until the pressure releases. But I don't know their financial situation and if they can take that. I would hope they could but I don't make any assumptions anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Doomykins posted:

Aren't they already steadily destroying their audience with the slow poison of the games problems? No new toys for 3-6 months would hurt but what's the alternative, just tough it out until the actual crash or somebody floats DbD 2 in a meeting?

We really don't know to be honest. Sure the fog whisperers, Reddit, Twitter, etc are all getting pissed at the game but that's always the minority of players. The majority don't post anything, they play or they don't. Only BHVR can see the critical stats, and it might just be they're continuing to make money so taking a break wouldn't work

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Medullah posted:

Double checked, Haddonfield map, I had Kate slugged because of Boil Over shennanigans and I kicked the hatch, she didn't get up with Adrenaline.

Did gens get finished, then you downed her, then you kicked the hatch? Because in that case adrenaline would have already triggered when the gens got done.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

rydiafan posted:

Did gens get finished, then you downed her, then you kicked the hatch? Because in that case adrenaline would have already triggered when the gens got done.

Duhhhh that's probably it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

curiousTerminal posted:

Literally every single person for a year and a half: If you buff DS back to 5 seconds you're going to get survivors using it aggressively and it's going to disproportionately affect lower tier killers without any kind of movement
BHVR: okay but if we disable M2 powers it won't be consistent (kicking 8 different hex totem functionalities under the bed where nobody will see them) anyway here's 5 second ds because we can't figure out how to do basekit anti tunnel

So anyway 3/4 of my games today had people running at me aggressively with DS/UB and I didn't see a single killer under A tier at all. You know, the ones who can eat a 5 second DS and don't care?
How about that meta shakeup, everyone! DS/UB/DH/Adren on every survivor, and Pop/Pain Res/Nowhere to Hide/Corrupt Intervention on every killer, but mostly Huntress and Blight. The game's sure come a long way since 2022 :)
Well when they nerf every synergy or good perk that comes out, what are people supposed to do?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

CuddleCryptid posted:

The smart thing would be to just skip a chapter, take the hit, and use that time to create a chapter and a half while the code monkeys hit things with wrenches until the pressure releases. But I don't know their financial situation and if they can take that. I would hope they could but I don't make any assumptions anymore.

It's been years of calling for the great untangling of the spaghetti code, and the last time that drum was banged hard was 2 (3?) years ago when the game was just broken on console for like 4-6 months depending on which issues plagued you. And devs were even gaslighting people then. I havent played in a couple of months but poo poo looks as broken as it was during that summer now from the twitter clips I've seen.

In the game I'm spending my time in these days, a few characters were able to take advantage of an enviromental mechanic to get more dmg then others could so the devs made a mechanical change that ended up affecting everyone negatively and while nerfing the op characters, lowering everyone elses potential too. Did the devs double down? Did they insist it was the vision or how things are "supposed to run"? No, they reverted the sweeping mechanical change and made individual adjustments on the op properties of the specific characters instead. It's kinda funny how little respect DBDs devs have towards its playerbase, especially people like otz.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

And Garden of Joy killswitched. Pretend I posted the Willy Wonka no please come back thing

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

OxMan posted:

It's kinda funny how little respect DBDs devs have towards its playerbase, especially people like otz.

I guess it boils down to the question of if Otz is even in the playerbase. By that I mean that they are not actively trying to sabotage their game. However, they are making decisions based on what the majority of the players would like the majority of the time, not just full time streamers. I get that they set up this whole program to bring streamers in to try and fix parts of the game and then ignored them, which is silly. But if their player base is the type to buy a new character or map, play for a while, and then duck back out when they get bored then mechanical edge cases isn't going to be the primary focus of the developers.

I'm not making excuses for them, just pointing out that it's the same thing in every game that has been running for a long time. People who play the game a shitload notice all the technical flaws in the systems and complain about them, but they don't get patched because hardcore players are a relatively small portion of the base, and more new content boosts the game more than stopping to fix the mechanical issues.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

And Garden of Joy killswitched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIBm_-8Mobk

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So how's Doctor doing playwise? I was reading the last few pages and thinking that while I've had frustrating games, I've always seemed to enjoy playing Doctor. I think it's because of his cheery attitude and the fact that even if you get skunked, you're definitely going to annoy the survivors.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nessus posted:

So how's Doctor doing playwise? I was reading the last few pages and thinking that while I've had frustrating games, I've always seemed to enjoy playing Doctor. I think it's because of his cheery attitude and the fact that even if you get skunked, you're definitely going to annoy the survivors.

If nothing else he's super fun to do a scream build with to make sure survivors wish they were facing a Skull Merchant.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm assuming he loses stacks of STBFL now when he shocks (haven't tested it out though), otherwise STBFL used to help him immensely

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

DeathChicken posted:

I'm assuming he loses stacks of STBFL now when he shocks (haven't tested it out though), otherwise STBFL used to help him immensely

I'm confused, did the doctor's shocks used to damage people at some time? He's an M1 guy so he couldn't really benefit from StBFL like say Pig or Nemmy used to.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The idea is/was you hit people and build up stacks, if you encounter the Obsession you could shock them to tier 3, leave them alone and not have to lose your stacks. Which shortened his chases a lot

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DeathChicken posted:

And Garden of Joy killswitched. Pretend I posted the Willy Wonka no please come back thing

And yet Potential Energy remains unkillswitched.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I've taken to purposefully failing skill checks when I see a teammate running it.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

And yet Potential Energy remains unkillswitched.

This is beyond embarassing at this point. This has been a problem for a while and it's been in the public eye for weeks??

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

This is beyond embarassing at this point. This has been a problem for a while and it's been in the public eye for weeks??

wouldn't be surprised if they try to gaslight us with this always being how it worked since that seems to be their go-to lately

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

What's the specific problem with Potential Energy?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Medullah posted:

Exploit that allows you to have an infinite use toolbox. So people will bring engineer + 2 repair speed addons and do gens solo in like 40 seconds.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Medullah posted:

quote:

Switching to a toolbox while Potential Energy is active (at least 1 Token) doesnt consume the toolbox even though it speeds up the Tokengain. After a short test in some custom games, this can save up to 15 seconds (no other perks used).

-Start working on a gen without using the toolbox
-Activate Potential Energy and get at least 1 Token
-Immediatly stop repairing and switch to repairing with the tool box
-Repair until potential energy has 20 stacks (toolbox wont be consumed in the process)
-put in all 20 stacks
-immediatly switch back to repairing without the toolbox
-repeat

By using an Engineer's Toolbox with Socket Swivels and Clean Rag, you can get a gen done in roughly 66 seconds (not using other perks and being solo). Using the toolbox normally would require roughly 80 seconds to repair a gen.

it was first reported on march 20th with multiple reports since that have been acknowledged by the devs because they close the reports and forward them to that original thread lmao

are you loving joking right now

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/411026/pc-potential-energy-infinite-toolbox
https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/411635/potential-energy-bug-not-consuming-a-toolbox-while-the-perk-is-active
https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/408734/an-endless-toolbox-when-using-a-skill

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lol watched a replay from last week and 2 of my survivors had both the toolbox and PE. Didn't help them against my super powerful Unknown!!!!!

And by powerful I mean lucky

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

God so many dorks running Background and some kind of flashy. Finally learned my lesson and threw Lightborn on, so of course the entire team gave up and stopped playing :v:

DBD

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

DeathChicken posted:

God so many dorks running Background and some kind of flashy. Finally learned my lesson and threw Lightborn on, so of course the entire team gave up and stopped playing :v:

DBD

killers are such dorks for complaining about perks :smug: ez. just play better nerd.

WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU TOOK LIGHTBORN :cry:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I followed Nea and Renato around failing all the skillchecks I could.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

rydiafan posted:

I followed Nea and Renato around failing all the skillchecks I could.

You're one of god's strongest soldiers. Don't forget to report them for exploits as well.

If BHVR was a good company then this would be some honeypot poo poo they're doing to root out people who willfully exploit glitches across multiple games. But it's not, it's just pure incompetence, just like that time there was a bug that gave survivors permanent wallhacks that was reported, the thread reporting it deleted, then left untouched for a week.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Tiny Myers posted:

You're one of god's strongest soldiers. Don't forget to report them for exploits as well.

I had a survivor take me to Badham earlier and then she immediately threw the game and brought me to her bug-abusing teammates. There is still some integrity left.

Tiny Myers posted:

that time there was a bug that gave survivors permanent wallhacks that was reported, the thread reporting it deleted, then left untouched for a week.

Oh this is new to me, when was this one?

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

curiousTerminal posted:

I had a survivor take me to Badham earlier and then she immediately threw the game and brought me to her bug-abusing teammates. There is still some integrity left.
God bless her

curiousTerminal posted:

Oh this is new to me, when was this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN9ZyZrB_xs

TL;DW: Blood Pact+Object of Obsession caused permanent, easily-accessible wallhacks for survivors. People said "ohhh they can't killswitch it, it's the weekend"... until it was reported that the bug had been discovered, circulated and reported several days before, well before the weekend (like Tuesday or Wednesday or something), only for them to delete the post from the bug report forums without responding.

Dowsey (who at the time was a reasonably popular DBD streamer, friend/peer of someone like JRM and Otz) made a video to call attention to it and it got killswitched the very next day - which did happen to be a Monday, but I do genuinely feel it would've taken them longer if not for the video laying out how disgusting and easily accessible the bug was and how hosed up it was that they didn't killswitch it IMMEDIATELY.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

https://twitter.com/g0rejira/status/1786745504841289961?t=zI55ijwMhewNT29HZU4Pmw&s=19

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Wow. That's rough.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That is absolutely awful and the toxic internet likely didn't help her immune system.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

In the mood to play for the first time in a few days. Person isn't paying attention and gets grabbed off gen and immediately kills themselves on hook. Thanks alot rear end in a top hat!!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

DBD

Lightborn is a permanent staple in every perk loadout for exactly this reason. I'm so goddamn sick of undodgeable BGP/Flashbang plays. Just look at a wall!!!! they shout. That doesn't do poo poo when they can drop it inside your player model and get the blind off no matter what. Jerks.

e: Otz has just loaded into a game with 2 killers and 3 survivors. I have no how this happened but it's incredible to watch.

e2: Teleporting is happening, definitely a cheater. Lovely.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 4, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This game's playerbase is trash often, but there was a very cute moment on Otz's stream. Two survivors dead by Chucky, the two remaining Sables just disappear somewhere. After several minutes Otz tracks them down and they're both playing peekaboo on opposite sides of a large fallen log.

E:

Yay, it was clipped!

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResoluteProductivePassionfruitPJSalt-zU80LWKAbREUgN8v

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 4, 2024

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

God, Jesus, gently caress! That sucks so loving much, her VA is so incredibly talented and memorable and I had no idea she was chronically ill. I hope BHVR does something to memorialize her and draw attention to her illness.

I hope she understood how much the community really did love her and got so much out of her work. I hate that she had to deal with bigotry tainting it.

CW: transphobia, suicide

As a trans person when I heard "trans woman VA dies" I thought the worst and like ... god obviously I'm happy it wasn't that, but Jesus what a loving way to go, this isn't exactly better. She must have been suffering so much. gently caress, man. poo poo. I loving hate chronic illness so loving much I hate that the world does this to people.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Rough stretch of games last night, had four, and 4/4 had full flashy squads.

Won 3 of them but it was harder than it needed to be, a few "how the gently caress did they get that angle" and a few misfires with flashbangs

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jesus people are gross. On Twitter I see two posts that are just "Rest in Peace" on the Unknown's Voice Actress. Clicked both and they're just full of "HE was mentally ill HE should have gotten help".

I hate the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It does add context to her being upset at bhvr a month ago. If I knew I was dying and my legacy was shitheads using the character I voiced for transphobic garbage I’d be livid too.