Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ibram Gaunt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nGG_hibdZc

Man, Otz is right. I think I would just quit if I had a match like this lol.

Yeah, it's poo poo like this that made me quit the game. Not EXACTLY like this, but the same type of poo poo. One day I just realized that more often than not the game didn't feel challenging and entertaining, it just felt frustrating and aggravating. That more often than not I felt worse after playing than I did before. And then I just stopped playing.

And I'm not saying this is a killer problem or a survivor problem, but a DBD problem. Even though I mostly played killer, I'm sure the survivor side is equally full of poo poo that just makes you feel like crap and frustrates you.

The game's in a bad shape and seems to be getting worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Killer gets to deal with background player, undodgeable flashbangs inside your model, ftb/buckle up, more toxicity than an average moba match. Survivors get to deal with tunneling, slugging, camping, the absolute joke of balancing that are the S tier killers, etc. The game is worse than ever and getting poorer all the time. The last PTB was incredible for all the wrong reasons. They scrapped a two year rework for the twins.

I don't know why I continue playing this game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Relyssa posted:

Killer gets to deal with background player, undodgeable flashbangs inside your model, ftb/buckle up, more toxicity than an average moba match. Survivors get to deal with tunneling, slugging, camping, the absolute joke of balancing that are the S tier killers, etc. The game is worse than ever and getting poorer all the time. The last PTB was incredible for all the wrong reasons. They scrapped a two year rework for the twins.

I don't know why I continue playing this game.

Take some time off. I was working hard to keep up to date with each new killer and survivor until around the Halloween event. I stopped playing with that event, and then came back for a few nights when Chucky dropped, got him to P3 to unlock perks and I realized I just didn't have it in me anymore. I love Aliens and Child's Play, I should have been over the moon, but it's just the same poo poo over and over again.

Been playing single player games a lot lately and it's so refreshing

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah I had the exact same experience. Chucky brought me back because he looked so different and fun, and he was. But the game's the same poo poo around him.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

It's such a shame that all the dbd-alikes have flamed out or otherwise underperformed. There's nothing quite like this game out there so there's no alternative to the bullshit if you want this sort of experience.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Tiny Myers posted:

Temple I respect you and I'm not disputing it sounds like TCM has made some blunders as someone who's outside it and hasn't played, but "the devs purposely introduced bugs to make the game more fun for one side for the free weekend" sounds pretty tinfoil hat, I'm not gonna lie. Like borderline "BHVR only cares about killer mains and they want to deliberately ruin everything fun for survivors!!" stuff

TCM already has bugs that have become features. Yes its conspiratory but when devs have gaslight us then said "welp the bug is feature now", I'm pretty suspicious. Leatherface and Johnny had bugs that are, according to the devs "unfixable", and added to their kit.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
He sounds paranoid but the devs are absolutely super combative in Twitter and the reddit, have lied about a few things, and indeed have gaslight things

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

Man why does mobile get all the cool stuf whyyyyyy

https://twitter.com/dvveet/status/1781408512838353013

Before anyone gets as excited and then disappointed as I was, the grammar is incorrect; all original survivors didn't get both. I really wanted to be able to gender bend.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

rydiafan posted:

Before anyone gets as excited and then disappointed as I was, the grammar is incorrect; all original survivors didn't get both. I really wanted to be able to gender bend.

David would go hard in that cat maid outfit, ngl.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Receiving a cease-and-desist from BHVR for banging on the door of their headquarters demanding the implementation of Catboy Maid Dwight on PC

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Receiving a cease-and-desist from BHVR for banging on the door of their headquarters demanding the implementation of Catboy Maid Dwight on PC

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Some of the women could also totally rock the Annie Lennox power suit.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

How's the matchmaking been in TCSM, DBBreakers, etc?

One of my major frustration points lately with DBD is bad matchmaking. I'm tired of either getting people with 1/5th of my hours or 5 times my hours, sometimes in the same game or one right after another.

It's very frustrating to me that they could've had better matchmaking, in fact did have better matchmaking, then reneged it because too many nolifers/content creators complained. Otz put out a video of him talking with Tru3talent about the state of the game and there was a point where they talked about how the matchmaking was briefly made more accurate and it was hell because they kept getting nothing but blights and nurses. How unfun it was for them. And briefly glossing over "it was better for lower level players, of course". AKA lower level players were having more fun because they weren't getting put into a grinder against people significantly higher than them.

I normally really respect Otz but I felt so alienated from him in that moment. You're basically admitting that you need to be matched against people who are below you in order to have fun because everyone actually at your skill level is going to be nothing but top tier killers and juicers, and acting like the enjoyment of the top 5% is more important than the 95%. It's like... you got to this point by nolifing the poo poo out of the game, how and why is that the problem of someone who wants to play more casually? Why should lower tier people have to be your fodder so you can get more "variety" in your games? And I'd say "why do devs care about that" but it's surely because those people give the most publicity to their game and are the biggest figureheads, and it's easier to do lovely loose matchmaking than fix Blight and Nurse, I guess.

It just sucks because I've seen so many lowbie killers just utterly demoralized and complaining about being slammed up against people way higher than them. Survivors who are upset and confused because they're being put against people way above them when they have no idea what they're doing. It sucks every time I'm against people way higher than me and I can tell my teammates have no idea what they're doing, or when I'm on killer and the team is 3 people crouching around doing totems and 1 poor competent soul. What a waste of 15 minutes.

Additionally, I've been really frustrated with Deceive Inc for the same. There is basically no skill-based matchmaking. You will get level 1s and level 500s in the same game. The entire game is based around stealth and moving from place to place without being detected but the top players will run through the levels completely ignoring the entire stealth portion that makes this game unique, and they actively want you to try and attack them because then they'll use their 3000 hours to ding you in the head with the most busted character in the game. You will die and spectate your lobby and see 8 people who are levels 1-50 and one person who is level 500 and you know exactly who is going to win.

It was really loving disappointing seeing a friend of mine complain about that happening to a newbie friend of theirs who bought the game on sale and for me to recognize one of the usernames in their lobby as someone who was doing the exact same poo poo SIX MONTHS AGO. Like please god play ANYTHING else.

I understand they have a small playerbase but jesus loving christ, I'm tired of streamer culture where games become someone's entire life and job, especially when they're not even playing according to the spirit of the game, the entire unique conceit the game is designed around, and instead treating it like goddamn Counterstrike. Easy killz because every lobby is full of noobs blamblamblam wait why is the game's playerbase dropping and why are my queues so long???

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, I was fortunate to get ground floor into Deceive when no one knew what they were doing and it was such an awesome experience, then i tried coming back and it was miserable for the reasons you stated. A real shame.

Also in regards to the Otz thing, I totally agree with your feelings on it, but weren't they also getting like 40+ minute queues due to MMR back then too? I can understand why that's completely a nonstarter for a streamer even if it sucks for everyone else.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 21, 2024

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Also in regards to the Otz thing, I totally agree with your feelings on it, but weren't they also getting like 40+ minute queues due to MMR back then too? I can understand why that's completely a nonstarter for a streamer even if it sucks for everyone else.

I mean the dude has a 1000 hours into the game. He can do all kind of trick like stabbing a spinning survivor while I have puke into a bucket to survive the spinning stuff

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tiny Myers posted:

I normally really respect Otz but I felt so alienated from him in that moment. You're basically admitting that you need to be matched against people who are below you in order to have fun because everyone actually at your skill level is going to be nothing but top tier killers and juicers, and acting like the enjoyment of the top 5% is more important than the 95%. It's like... you got to this point by nolifing the poo poo out of the game, how and why is that the problem of someone who wants to play more casually? Why should lower tier people have to be your fodder so you can get more "variety" in your games? And I'd say "why do devs care about that" but it's surely because those people give the most publicity to their game and are the biggest figureheads, and it's easier to do lovely loose matchmaking than fix Blight and Nurse, I guess.

He's always had the occasional baffling take, and this is definitely one of them. Nobody's perfect of course, and he generally feels like someone who tries to be considerate of others, so some of his DBD takes are just so weird because they seem to come from such a myopic position. And of course I realize that he is in a pretty unique position, so by necessity he's going to be approaching some things from a different perspective than us mere mortals, but again, hes usually so considerate and tries to think about things from a broader perspective that it's surprising when this happens.

Like yesterday on his stream someone asked something like "as someone who plays this game for a living, don't you wish it was better" and he went into a long speech about how he absolutely doesn't and how he loves the game and its playerbase and thinks both are great as is. And then afterwards he added "of course things could always be better". All I could think was that something about the question made him go defensive or maybe he misinterpreted it because on any given stream of his you can (perfectly understandably) expect several rants and outbursts about some of the bugs that persist for months, the bad design, the imbalance, the entitled shitheads and toxic assholes etc etc. But no he thinks everything's great, he doesn't wish the game and the playerbase could be better. What?

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I mean the dude has a 1000 hours into the game. He can do all kind of trick like stabbing a spinning survivor while I have puke into a bucket to survive the spinning stuff

More like 10000. Seriously.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 21, 2024

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
This is my problem with the game as a whole. As a survivor, I have the most time logged, yet I get into games and I'm the only one doing gens and the killers are blight gods. Flip over to killer who I barely play and my games are over in less than 5 minutes while I've been teabagged and blinded by survivors that have over hundreds of hours. There has to be a happy medium and I know it's not listening to streamers.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I decided to play last night for the first time since Chucky dropped. I had bought Unknown and had a daily with him so I decided to go for his adept.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, every match I had last night was nice survivors, no tea bagging or ridiculous chases!

I did one match to get his adept and then logged off, and clearly my MMR has dropped because it was mit tier survivors.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Diabetic posted:

This is my problem with the game as a whole. As a survivor, I have the most time logged, yet I get into games and I'm the only one doing gens and the killers are blight gods. Flip over to killer who I barely play and my games are over in less than 5 minutes while I've been teabagged and blinded by survivors that have over hundreds of hours. There has to be a happy medium and I know it's not listening to streamers.

This is my experience every time. Survivors will also happily shittalk you in the postgame chat regardless of how much they dumpstered you. You could be playing perkless addonless Freddy and they would still hoot and holler over how easy the game was for them. Meanwhile on the survivor side killers will slug, tunnel, hit you on hook, doesn't matter what you do or how fair you try to play it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

TCM has no matchmaking
Breakers has ranked, like old dbd. Except you can't tank your rank until you get to the highest level.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah, I just feel like there has to be some kind of middle ground, you know? I'm not saying that there's no circumstance that higher level players should get put with lower level ones, sometimes there just aren't that many people on, but I'd gladly take queues that last a few minutes as long as I get meaningful, fun games. It's so much more rewarding when people feel like they're your skill level.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Like yesterday on his stream someone asked something like "as someone who plays this game for a living, don't you wish it was better" and he went into a long speech about how he absolutely doesn't and how he loves the game and its playerbase and thinks both are great as is. And then afterwards he added "of course things could always be better". All I could think was that something about the question made him go defensive or maybe he misinterpreted it because on any given stream of his you can (perfectly understandably) expect several rants and outbursts about some of the bugs that persist for months, the bad design, the imbalance, the entitled shitheads and toxic assholes etc etc. But no he thinks everything's great, he doesn't wish the game and the playerbase could be better. What?
I've heard him do poo poo like this before and it feels a bit like switching into Fog Whisperer mode. Like he has some moments of forced positivity like actually this game is great and they've done so much to improve it and I'm sooo thankful to the devs that it exists!!! Almost like he's trying to avoid getting Dowsey'd. But TBH if any fog whisperer has room to throw their weight around it's Otz, I think he could get a good amount of the game's playerbase to revolt if they did something like take his twitch shirts for voicing minor criticism.

Relyssa posted:

This is my experience every time. Survivors will also happily shittalk you in the postgame chat regardless of how much they dumpstered you. You could be playing perkless addonless Freddy and they would still hoot and holler over how easy the game was for them. Meanwhile on the survivor side killers will slug, tunnel, hit you on hook, doesn't matter what you do or how fair you try to play it.
IMO survivors are MORE likely to be lovely if they see you as playing badly/playing a poo poo tier killer. I see Trappers get teabagged way more than Blights, babies teabagged way more than high tier killers. Like the bigger the win, the more likely they are to be fuckheads.

I like Freddy and it's part of why I don't play him much, because people are jerks :smith: I know he's poo poo tier but I think the blood puddles are fun and I like that you can spam them and I think the way that the screen is perma-dream mode is really nice because I can see people so much easier. Don't be mean to meeee

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Otz actually stopped the entire stream once to yell at me for saying something like "The devs didn't implement basic quality of life features until they were shamed into it", which was kind of funny. Not like I was even being mean about it, they *didn't* do those features until that one dev started going viral for publicly being a shithead

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 21, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

I like Freddy and it's part of why I don't play him much, because people are jerks :smith: I know he's poo poo tier but I think the blood puddles are fun and I like that you can spam them and I think the way that the screen is perma-dream mode is really nice because I can see people so much easier. Don't be mean to meeee

Otz getting poo poo on by survivors in postgame while playing Freddy with a pretty lackluster build was just so depressing to see. Good job, you fuckheads, you clowned on the worst killer in the game. Pat yourselves on the back as you exploited the undodgeable flashbangs several times in that game.

DeathChicken posted:

Otz actually stopped the entire stream once to yell at me for saying something like "The devs didn't implement basic quality of life features until they were shamed into it", which was kind of funny

Truer words have never been spoken. Otz needs to take a long vacation because his brain is clearly melting.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tiny Myers posted:

I've heard him do poo poo like this before and it feels a bit like switching into Fog Whisperer mode. Like he has some moments of forced positivity like actually this game is great and they've done so much to improve it and I'm sooo thankful to the devs that it exists!!! Almost like he's trying to avoid getting Dowsey'd. But TBH if any fog whisperer has room to throw their weight around it's Otz, I think he could get a good amount of the game's playerbase to revolt if they did something like take his twitch shirts for voicing minor criticism.

Definitely. I think he feels like he has to defend the devs and the game, or maybe he feels like he's too good friends with some people on the dev team, but anyone saying bad things about the game or the devs is a surefire way to get him to drop a lovely take. I mean I kinda get it, a lot of the people playing this game are full body mentalists and treat him as the conduit to DBD, so I'm sure he has to listen to the stupidest loving poo poo ever written outside of Elon Musk's twitter account and has a hair trigger as a result, but still.

DeathChicken posted:

Otz actually stopped the entire stream once to yell at me for saying something like "The devs didn't implement basic quality of life features until they were shamed into it", which was kind of funny. Not like I was even being mean about it, they *didn't* do those features until that one dev started going viral for publicly being a shithead

lol god drat

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

DeathChicken posted:

lmao???? was this about the loving colorblind mode because THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT HAPPENED

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Definitely. I think he feels like he has to defend the devs and the game, or maybe he feels like he's too good friends with some people on the dev team, but anyone saying bad things about the game or the devs is a surefire way to get him to drop a lovely take. I mean I kinda get it, a lot of the people playing this game are full body mentalists and treat him as the conduit to DBD, so I'm sure he has to listen to the stupidest loving poo poo ever written outside of Elon Musk's twitter account and has a hair trigger as a result, but still.
And I get it - the devteam IS full of some incredibly talented, hard-working people. Some of the people they show on their dev streams are just brimming with enthusiasm and genuine passion for the game in a way that is so lovely to see. There's these sparks of brilliance with stuff like their cosmetics, the incredibly loving animations for Alien and The Unknown, just absolute lavish detail. And you get some patches that really do genuinely improve the game in meaningful ways that must have been hard to implement, like the Haddonfield rework of the most recent patch was awesome. The increasing attempts to balance overperforming perks or give killers much-needed QOL. I appreciate and respect their hard work and I understand it must be frustrating to be doing your best for a game that still has problems, in front of a notably toxic fanbase.

But you have to, at a certain point, look at poo poo like the insanely out-of-touch attempted nerf to Billy's addons, the failed reworks for Onryo, the "no no, every killer was always supposed to have their head forcibly jerked down after a hit, even the ones whose animations specifically have them look up", the way MFT was in the game for SIX MONTHS, boon meta, old Dead Hard, having to COMPLETELY ROLL BACK THE ATTEMPTED REWORK TO TWINS WHEN LITERALLY ANYONE COULD'VE TOLD YOU IT WAS TOO STRONG, *everything* about Skull Merchant,

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

the "no no, every killer was always supposed to have their head forcibly jerked down after a hit, even the ones whose animations specifically have them look up"

I had forgotten about this one. Got real angry seeing Mandy in the forums just outright lie to us about it.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
The problem with the game, as always, is the terribly inconsistent balance.

Playing against a player with 10k hours on dredge with a fun build is so categorically different than playing that same player when he is blight with full meta.

The same goes for survivors. Funny little survivors that are good but aren't abusing broken things like ftp + BU or background player, BNP etc are fun to play against but if they are doing that meta broken poo poo it loving sucks.

And matchmaking never accounts for this. That's the real problem. I could get a highish MMR just playing goofy and then slap on a medkit with syringe and gel and go full meta and I'm like Goku taking off the weights.

The game is too inconsistent in it's balancing.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Never show mercy. Never meme. Always play to win.
It's fun to win. It's fun to get better. It's fun see to growth. You might even appreciate other people's skill in the process.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Relyssa posted:

Truer words have never been spoken. Otz needs to take a long vacation because his brain is clearly melting.

Something that just make me tick about the guy is when he goes: "Oh yeah, this match (I'm referring to the latest video link posted here) is fine. I'm disconnected from the result of the game."

Dude, if the game is not fun, why bother?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
He may not mean it that way.

I consider myself disconnected from the result of the game too. I'm more interested in the moment to moment outcomes, like winning an individual chase or sauntering around being a spooky killer man in a FPS. I'm a firm believer that you can't train to be a good killer without being willing to endure a lot of growing pain(insert link to Killa Whale series here) and even now that I am decent I tend to disassociate from the game outcome. I try to win, sure, but I don't think about it as hard as I could.

"hmm if I break this pallet it could cost me the two seconds that let them do this meta game action!" Nah man, me break pallet, pallet gone, ha ha got 'em.

If my actions lead me to a 4K I grin stupidly and put the last guy on the hatch, good game. If I get blown the gently caress out then I grin stupidly and type that gg in post game every time and move on. I won't deny that DbD does a lot of things that make you feel bad and I can't pretend that I'm this cool every match, that I never get tilted or even genuinely feel down. But when I'm in a good headspace then yeah it's nothin'.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Yeah like I think what Otz meant was "oh I won a lot of these chases but they are abusing objectively broken things so there isn't a whole lot I can do to close out this game and that's ok".

Because there wasn't. He played almost perfectly but there was nothing he could do in a lot of those situations. It's actually a healthy mindset to have.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Kwolok posted:

healthy mindset

I'm not sure the meaning of those 2 words together like that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Something that just make me tick about the guy is when he goes: "Oh yeah, this match (I'm referring to the latest video link posted here) is fine. I'm disconnected from the result of the game."

Dude, if the game is not fun, why bother?

Otz takes a massive hit in his views when he does literally anything else so I think he's probably trapped in it, like a lot of streamers.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

temple posted:

Never show mercy. Never meme. Always play to win.
It's fun to win. It's fun to get better. It's fun see to growth. You might even appreciate other people's skill in the process.

I just can't play this way. Sometimes something funny happens in the game and I have to stop to appreciate it. Sometimes someone's being a goofball in a really genuine way. Sometimes someone gets hosed over hugely by a bug that shouldn't have happened. Sometimes someone plays super well and just gets hosed over by the rest of their team. Sometimes everyone plays super well and gets hosed over by one person throwing. I've been in that situation way too many times to not show a bit of mercy.

Plus, the current "play to win" is tunneling people at 5 gens, which I just can't do. More power to others, it exists as a mechanic in the game, but I can't stand being on the other end of that and I can't inflict it on anyone else either unless they give me reason to do it (like teabagging or having racist alt-right poo poo in their steam profile).

I do try to win and I do appreciate the skill of others but it's these moments of levity and humanity that keep me playing DBD at all.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yesterday during Otz's stream he ran into a group that had at least two survivors in a SWF and both of them were exploiting a bug that allows you to combo Potential Energy with a toolbox and addon to get an infinite toolbox. He only realized this after the match when he spotted they both had the exact combo.

And apparently this combo has existed for ages, and yet BHVR have not killswitched Potential Energy, the toolbox or the add-on because ... why exactly?

During the match it seemed that the gens were going insanely fast, but he could think of many legit explanations for that, so if he didn't know about the specific bug, he never would've figured out they were both cheating, so this is yet another one of those things where it's probably happening a lot but flying under the radar. And they're not doing anything about it.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

pls say hi and heckle me

Tiny Myers posted:

I just can't play this way. Sometimes something funny happens in the game and I have to stop to appreciate it. Sometimes someone's being a goofball in a really genuine way. Sometimes someone gets hosed over hugely by a bug that shouldn't have happened. Sometimes someone plays super well and just gets hosed over by the rest of their team. Sometimes everyone plays super well and gets hosed over by one person throwing. I've been in that situation way too many times to not show a bit of mercy.

I remember one game where someone made another survivor lose a chase due to bodyblocking. I spent chasing the entire game the bodyblocker because I couldn't bear to hook the survivor who had done their best and still lost simply because somebody decided to be an rear end in a top hat.

The bodyblocker also turn out to be a cheater so I also just tunneled the gently caress out of them.

Tiny Myers posted:

I do try to win and I do appreciate the skill of others but it's these moments of levity and humanity that keep me playing DBD at all.

Best part of the game is the kindness that is hid beneath the layers of cruelty and toxicity.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

L.U.I.G.I posted:

I remember one game where someone made another survivor lose a chase due to bodyblocking. I spent chasing the entire game the bodyblocker because I couldn't bear to hook the survivor who had done their best and still lost simply because somebody decided to be an rear end in a top hat.

The bodyblocker also turn out to be a cheater so I also just tunneled the gently caress out of them.

Best part of the game is the kindness that is hid beneath the layers of cruelty and toxicity.
Yeah, you nailed it. I'm gonna always go out of my way to gently caress over people who are assholes on the other team even if it means throwing the game. Just because you are bad guy does not mean you are bad guy, etc.

I mean, in situations like this, the one who got body blocked might turn out to be an rear end in a top hat themselves and teabag you despite the effort you put in. So you could say like, just play to win and let the cards fall where they may. But if it has the chance of the bodyblockee understanding and getting a little more faith in humanity, or making the bodyblocker think twice about what they did, then it's worth the effort, right?

I've also been trying to hype up the other team where I can, especially when I lost, because a lot of people only say GG if they won. Complimenting a survivor on their chases or their build even though I got a 4E, complimenting the killer's build or their power use or plays even though I died. I love popping off and hyping the killer up when I see they got their adept, poo poo like that.

The world is so chock full of garbage, and this game is so chock full of toxicity. Try to make at least one memorably positive interaction per play session, you know?

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Double post but it's very funny to me when a survivor completely contradicts their vibes

Someone upthread already said something of the ~positivity~ streamer playing like a huge rear end in a top hat and getting mad when the killer didn't play ball and DCed.

I had a teammate named KANYE4BIN20LADEN who ended up being an absolute chad and I've been cracking up about his name ever since. It's really the "BIN" in the middle of 420 that does it for me

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Tiny Myers posted:

Plus, the current "play to win" is tunneling people at 5 gens, which I just can't do. More power to others, it exists as a mechanic in the game, but I can't stand being on the other end of that and I can't inflict it on anyone else either unless they give me reason to do it (like teabagging or having racist alt-right poo poo in their steam profile).

Tunneling didn't always work at high level and it was bad practice. But many update later, there's not much survivors can do and that's why I don't play.

temple fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Tunneling works better in competitive play where Survivors have a whole assortment of limitations on what they can bring for perks and items. And even then it isn’t always the best strategy.

It’s riskier when just queuing up, as multiple Survivors could have DS, OTR, etc. which means it’s smarter to pressure gens than waste time trying to tunnel someone with multiple second chances.