Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

OK so you're not gonna believe this, but the Ultimate Weapon nerf is actually a massive Nurse buff. You open a locker, get the aura reading buff, then zoom off into the distance and the aura moves with you. Otz is just absolutely DUNKING on motherfuckers with Nurse right now. It's actually disgusting.

Weird how once again every other killer in the game has to suffer and the Nurse (and probably blight considering his insane ping pong speed) ends up getting buffed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I thought the change was supposed to make it so the radius was only around the locker...wtf.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

OK so you're not gonna believe this, but the Ultimate Weapon nerf is actually a massive Nurse buff. You open a locker, get the aura reading buff, then zoom off into the distance and the aura moves with you. Otz is just absolutely DUNKING on motherfuckers with Nurse right now. It's actually disgusting.

Weird how once again every other killer in the game has to suffer and the Nurse (and probably blight considering his insane ping pong speed) ends up getting buffed!

quote:

Ultimate Weapon

Now activates for 15 seconds (was 30 seconds).
Now reveals Survivor auras for 3 seconds instead of causing them to scream and show their position.
Increased cooldown to 80/70/60 seconds (was 40/35/30 seconds).

Looks like that's intentional, the change listed changed from aura to scream, but doesn't mention that it was centered around the locker itself.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Medullah posted:

Looks like that's intentional, the change listed changed from aura to scream, but doesn't mention that it was centered around the locker itself.

Sure, and it ends up being a nerf for every killer who can't just suddenly zoom halfway across the map. Boy we're just completely baffled as to why our higher MMR matches are 90% Nurses and Blights.

E: Otz just basically called the devs out on the stream by half-jokingly saying maybe they should make one of the devs play against the Nurse because then we'd for sure get some nerfs going, just like the Hag was buffed after one of the devs tried playing Hag on a stream and got absolutely bodied.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 23, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Sure, and it ends up being a nerf for every killer who can't just suddenly zoom halfway across the map. Boy we're just completely baffled as to why our higher MMR matches are 90% Nurses and Blights.

E: Otz just basically called the devs out on the stream by half-jokingly saying maybe they should make one of the devs play against the Nurse because then we'd for sure get some nerfs going, just like the Hag was buffed after one of the devs tried playing Hag on a stream and got absolutely bodied.

the devs would find a way to suck rear end at nurse and get her buffed anyway

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Relyssa posted:

the devs would find a way to suck rear end at nurse and get her buffed anyway

At least they'd play their drat game for once.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Medullah posted:

Devs have confirmed it is only this way for now, they are reverting it to a scream that is only effective around the locker it is used on. However they couldn't get that into this patch so it will come next patch because BHVR

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Perhaps if they had some sort of feature that could switch off a buggy, unintended feature that causes an unpleasant power surge in the game balance? It would sort of disab.. no, halt.. no.. kill the feature and remove it from live until they got around to it.

But alas this is the fevered dream of a madman.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Just had a game where I thought we were in a slug race but were actually in a red light green light event. Thank you, random Legion player, for showing that there are some good folks out there in this game still.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://x.com/dvveet/status/1782869746200822020

Random event is 5/2-5/9.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

for fucks SAKE bhvr

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

for fucks SAKE bhvr

Not unexpected, I'd save the rage for if the event goes really well and they afterward make no mention of wanting to keep it permanent or at least hinting that they might

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Umbreon posted:

Not unexpected, I'd save the rage for if the event goes really well and they afterward make no mention of wanting to keep it permanent or at least hinting that they might

i can pretty confidently predict that they will shelve this entirely the instant it's over

that or it will be a horrible bug ridden mess and it will somehow shuffle killer powers too or some nonsense

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

OK I feel insane. Where is the Shrine of Secrets on this new UI?

e: Oh it's in the killer/survivor menu now. Weird.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Apr 23, 2024

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

OK I feel insane. Where is the Shrine of Secrets on this new UI?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Am I completely blind or is there no difference whatsoever between the normal and deep rift artist weapon this time? Last one had a nice purple hue to it and this one is exactly the same between the two as far as i can tell.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Really don't like the Haddonfield changes so far. Map feels super claustrophobic now, there's less for survivors to work with, and the park is still a complete damp fart of a tile.

Feels like they could have done either of the first two changes and it'd been fine, but both at once is too brutal a swing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SteelMentor posted:

Really don't like the Haddonfield changes so far. Map feels super claustrophobic now, there's less for survivors to work with, and the park is still a complete damp fart of a tile.

Feels like they could have done either of the first two changes and it'd been fine, but both at once is too brutal a swing.

Maybe Dredge can win a match there now.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Haddonfield was so hilariously survivor sided that I kinda doubt its now suddenly killer sided. The problem with haddonfield is that it allowed three genning really easily because the gens in the road were so visible, and because of that bad survivors couldn't hide without also potentially three genning, so to low-mid tier survivors it felt oppressive but hte reality is haddonfield was so crazy crazy survivor sided. I haven't played the new one yet so I guess we'll see.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Doomykins posted:

Perhaps if they had some sort of feature that could switch off a buggy, unintended feature that causes an unpleasant power surge in the game balance? It would sort of disab.. no, halt.. no.. kill the feature and remove it from live until they got around to it.

But alas this is the fevered dream of a madman.

I don't know what's going on over there again, because they also haven't killswitched the perk and toolbox combo that gives you an unlimited toolbox.

It's absolutely astonishing how they seem to give zero shits about their game. I know that's not accurate, but that's the vibe that's coming out from there recently.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Its really really depressing playing solo queue, getting into a good chase with a killer for them to just go "Nah, I'm gonna just tunnel out your weakest" and they just bail knowing they can probably find someone more rear end and just hook, proxy, and tunnel them out asap. Its literally the most exhausting thing about playing survivor.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Kwolok posted:

Its really really depressing playing solo queue, getting into a good chase with a killer for them to just go "Nah, I'm gonna just tunnel out your weakest" and they just bail knowing they can probably find someone more rear end and just hook, proxy, and tunnel them out asap. Its literally the most exhausting thing about playing survivor.

Yeah, like, it's a good strategy to drop chase sometimes if someone's punching above their weight, but when it ends up with the killer dropping chase with you constantly to go after the baby Meg, it's just depressing.

My biggest concern about the randomized perks mode, aside from them never bringing it back again, is that cosmetics and licensed survivors will be locked for no reason again. I can't play default Dwight forever I need my fashionframe :argh:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

lol apparently new haddonfield basement is so bugged that it can give you a seizure, could be just the dude on my friends list pc, but still, be careful out there

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

But how

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

In a break from complaining about evil devs, some dude took the Skull Merchant walking animation and put all the killers in it. Chucky is a nightmare come true.

https://old.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/1cbzk59/skull_merchants_walking_animation_applied_to/

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I bought the Huntress elk skin.

Why did I spend more money on this cursed game?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

300k BPs for the free weekly gift in the store.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I bought the Huntress elk skin.

Why did I spend more money on this cursed game?

It's basically a pay to win skin, since the lullaby and hatchet wind-up noises are so much quieter than the normal skins.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yesterday during Otz's stream he ran into a group that had at least two survivors in a SWF and both of them were exploiting a bug that allows you to combo Potential Energy with a toolbox and addon to get an infinite toolbox. He only realized this after the match when he spotted they both had the exact combo.

I just tested this in a custom game with a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A1UQaPVu_M

You can do a gen in just over a minute with this. Probably less if you're more efficient about it than I am.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

quote:

We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

We also recommend users to stop posting their videos for the sake of others while we are working on fixing this issue. We also recommend turning off the autoplay feature on social channels to prevent seeing any gameplay clips that could be harmful.

Anecdotally according to stuff like tithin upthread and clips I've seen, it seems like it happens most frequently in the basement (but since they didn't mention the basement specifically it could perhaps occur elsewhere?). Watch out photosensitive pals.

Watching a clip gave me a bit of a headache even as a gamer with no history of photosensitivity at all. Maybe avoid basement hooks as a courtesy if you're killer.

Here's a couple of still images for the curious, I'll save you the headache. Imagine rapid flashing between these two.

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 24, 2024

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Gawd, had a game as Deathslinger on Eyrie of Crows where a Kate bolted upstairs, of course it's Boil Over/Flipflop/Unbreakable. I let her go once, she does it again, so gently caress it says I, you can bleed. A Feng comes up to save her, I down her too. Try to hook her, and I discover the only hook is behind a breakable door. I must drop her, meaning if I picked her up again she'd automatically get out. Great. So now I have two people slugged, one of whom deserved it :v: A third Claudette comes up for the rescue (survivor number 4 was on ground level teabagging, because of course they were), Claudette goes down. I hook Claudette, Feng finally has the sense to crawl off and flop to the bottom floor. Kate does not, Kate dies. Claudette dies on first hook with no one to rescue her. Teabag Magoo finally comes over to pick up Feng and disappears, I never see her for the rest of the game. And then I end up running down Feng again at the gates. Wound up carrying her to the finish line out of pity

In conclusion why is Boil Over still a thing, that perk is poo poo

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 24, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

In conclusion why is Boil Over still a thing, that perk is poo poo

gently caress boil over and gently caress people who use it and know exactly where all the unhookable spots are and then tbag furiously about it

unrelated:

I felt slightly bad about this one. Got value out of every single perk, did an extremely nasty DS into unhook into DH combo and then used unbreakable to get up and lucked into the hatch at shack. I'm amazed that the killer took it in stride; I'd have been way saltier in his position.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I love horsey perk and I won't apologize

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kwolok posted:

I love horsey perk and I won't apologize

If you use Boil Over I hope I don't ever see you complain about slugging in this thread.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Game is still fun to slum around in as the big killing monster but feels like the margin of error as killer is the most merciless it has ever been.

Edit: lol got the white flashing in the round result screen, hope they don't leave this epilepsy bait around until the next patch.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 25, 2024

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Am I the only one that has problem with launching and playing DbD? It is constantly crashing!

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Am I the only one that has problem with launching and playing DbD? It is constantly crashing!

Are you on Steam?

Right click the game in your steam library -> Properties -> Installed files -> Verify integrity of game files. Be aware that this will probably take a while and be computer-intensive, but it will go through and verify all your game files to make sure nothing has been corrupted. This may be your issue especially if it just started with the latest patch a day ago. You basically had to redownload the game in its entirety due to the new engine.

I am not having any issues with this nor have I heard of any issues, but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening, of course.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Medullah posted:

If you use Boil Over I hope I don't ever see you complain about slugging in this thread.

If I use boil over and get slugged it's deserved and valid counter play. If I get slugged at the end of a totally normal game when I'm the last survivor for no loving reason it's not ok.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Tiny Myers posted:

Are you on Steam?

Right click the game in your steam library -> Properties -> Installed files -> Verify integrity of game files. Be aware that this will probably take a while and be computer-intensive, but it will go through and verify all your game files to make sure nothing has been corrupted. This may be your issue especially if it just started with the latest patch a day ago. You basically had to redownload the game in its entirety due to the new engine.

I am not having any issues with this nor have I heard of any issues, but that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening, of course.

Didn't work so I'm guessing that the minimal requirement got upgraded which mean I can probably no longer play the game I paid for. Yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

L.U.I.G.I posted:

My graphics card seems to be somewhat dying, and for whatever reason DBD is the game that it crashes on most consistently. Underclocking it helped massively.