Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

busalover posted:

I just started Chainsaw Man. Does the weird horniness stay? I thought that 'touching boobs' comment was a one-off whatever-dude comment, but no.

I would recommend you stick with it since Denji is always horny but not really ever horny on main after he grabs some, but if you’re on the fenceit culminates in him grabbing some boobs and it’s a hollow, empty moment for him because he feels nothing for the person attached to them. Kinda don’t wanna post that even in spoilers but it was what got me interested in the series tbh since it’s more depth than even some adult works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
"horniness" is key to the human experience, whether it is an emotion you feel or an emotion you have felt from others. it is an emotion art is allowed to explore free of judgment

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
He is a teenage boy who has to now had a life that barely even fulfilled his base needs like food, let alone deeper emotional/social ones. So it's really just part of that even as it has overlap with other shonen titles being horny.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Kid just wants a union job with benefits.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I'm only on the fringes of the Vocaloid scene but I still know about wowaka and know his influence on the Japanese music scene. Being featured posthumously on The First Take is a bittersweet achievement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnHeXk1yJOA

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean honestly is csm even that horny relative to most shonen. denji wants to weirdfuck but he expresses this by saying 'i wish i could have sex' and then people respond to him wanting to have sex. compared to my hero academia or smth where its just a random side character yelling about boobs and then cheerleader costumes/bikinis it feels way more. idk. normal? honest?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

i mean honestly is csm even that horny relative to most shonen. denji wants to weirdfuck but he expresses this by saying 'i wish i could have sex' and then people respond to him wanting to have sex. compared to my hero academia or smth where its just a random side character yelling about boobs and then cheerleader costumes/bikinis it feels way more. idk. normal? honest?

Yeah. Denji is horny but theres not really fanservice in the series, big diference.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
denji is a very honest look into the psyche of a 16 year old guy

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's refreshingly direct and yeah, honest is the right word for it. Similar to how I feel about the way Dress Up Darling handles its central romance. Not so much dancing around, it's upfront about what Gojo and Marin want.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and his view of like, sexuality and romance does mature as the series goes on

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
boobies

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

been saying this

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Endorph posted:

surprising number of series are like 'the protagonist is a teenage boy. he absolutely DOES NOT want to gently caress and runs screaming from girls'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

some amount of awkwardness/confusion is also a pretty normal teenage boy thing but its weird how many series take that to the extreme of like, he barely even seems to like being around the women who are throwing themselves at him.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Stexils posted:

surprising number of series are like 'the protagonist is a teenage boy. he absolutely DOES NOT want to gently caress and runs screaming from girls'

this is because its insanely funny every time imo

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Endorph posted:

The main character in mha does acknowledge boobies exist.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I thought they went extinct

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The idea of being confronted with a boobs and or a single boob and your mind shutting down and running away in a panic would be extremely funny if it wasn't a joke that ran itself so deep into the ground that I think it broke through to the other side of the planet by now.

terrified, bundled up in the corner shaking uncontrollably, muttering "titties."

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

kater posted:

The main character in mha does acknowledge boobies exist.

the only boobs there are the people who still keep up with MHA (oh snap oh snap oh snap)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What you don’t like mounds of flesh screaming at each other?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

duhhku midboreya and his mentor. ball shite

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all trite

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
there we go

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
finished wanted dead. i hope soleil's able to make something with more resources behind it eventually because my only real complaint with it is that the game feels kinda unfinished lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's the 3rd person shooter with the anime cutscenes right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh sweet, got 31 bucks from that Crunchyroll class-action just now

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

It's refreshingly direct and yeah, honest is the right word for it. Similar to how I feel about the way Dress Up Darling handles its central romance. Not so much dancing around, it's upfront about what Gojo and Marin want.

Them two are still not dating dating and we are over 100 chapters in

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Arist posted:

Oh sweet, got 31 bucks from that Crunchyroll class-action just now

tell me more

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fluffdaddy posted:

Them two are still not dating dating and we are over 100 chapters in

I'm going off the anime and where they were at by the end of the show was good enough for me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Meowywitch posted:

tell me more

Sony sold my data from Crunchyroll to a third party without my consent, so I got a cool $31.24 that I have already spent on some chicken

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

I'm going off the anime and where they were at by the end of the show was good enough for me.

I have never been more mad at two manga people in my life.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
so essentially you got owned

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

thank you papapishu for saving anime
https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/1783965279539671419

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While a neat version Youtube still has versions of Daicon IV on that do look better so it's not like this lost media or hard to find like other stuff. Though why it avoids getting copywrite striked will never cease to amaze me

Edit: Having 3 in full is nice as that's the one that is hard to find in full and more forgotten about

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 26, 2024

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

new glassworker trailer just dropped

https://youtu.be/mTuPHCyV6mw?si=1e-dKe3mPuCX_9pq

im loving hyped

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Haven't watched D Bloodlust in a while, forgot how divine the visuals are

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

and TIL that the densha otoko OP is a homage to the Daicon IV intro (2m50s into the archive.org video)...

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Watched CMLL tonight and they had Dark Silueta and kept hearing it as Dark Suletta and now I want a Lucha Libra sequel to G Gundam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rinkles posted:

Haven't watched D Bloodlust in a while, forgot how divine the visuals are

D: Bloodlust - "Literally none of your teammates would have died if you'd just let us go to the moon and leave humanity forever."