Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
noooooooooo
https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1704220066194116670

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

haypliss posted:

It's a series that has the energy of getting greenlit based off a oneshot it turns out you weren't well-prepared to follow through on.
there's a really easy emotional thing that can be done down the line with the premise, but ever since the manga became a sales juggernaut, i don't really have a bead on the timeline for where that down the line could happen

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

verbal enema posted:

How the gently caress has Yankee JK KuzuHana-chan been going this long
looks like weekly shonen champion doesn't really cancel anything that attains a nominal amount of popularity. it's also one of those magazines where half the covers are of girls in bikinis

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
K-On S2 is airing on 28 (twenty-eight) TV stations

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

symbolic posted:

also now that some kind soul gifted me archives yesterday looking back at that spring 2009 thread it's whack to me it has less posts in total than the current fall thread does
It was long, long before official english sub streaming services, where your exposure to anime would've been more likely mediated by television. It's also why currently the most discussed manga on the internet are on mangaplus rather than mangadex or the like

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
your friend's a boring old poo poo

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Endorph posted:

did you think this reflection on life and death and grief needed a training arc? well you're gonna get one.
it's the secret sauce that allowed the manga to be licensed in english a year after it started while like ykk had to wait 20 years or w/e

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
pouring one out for those that are hyped for a manga/LN adaptation only to find out that because it isn't a weekly shonen series, not as many resources are gonna be allocated to the production

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
sounds like me

...in opposite world!!1!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
from what's available legally and illegally in english, we're really only scratching the surface of 20th century manga, who knows what kinds of masterpieces are left out of sight because of subject matter, language barriers, etc. and often with those older manga series, you'll get one-thousandth the engagement than your average mangaplus series, if that.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I like snow, but cold rain like today is just miserable

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Brutal Garcon posted:

Yofukashi no Uta just ended. What's the thread for having opinions on that?
there've been a couple posts in the shoujo/romance thread

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
calvin being a bratty jerk most of the time is awesome because he usually gets his comeuppance, classic tale of the immature, selfish anarchist butting heads with the harsh reality of the world, and calvin/susie fighting is always reliable for a few yuks

Coaaab fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 1, 2024

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i'd consider this acceptable if the increased money was used to bolster/retain translators and other employees or IT so that the site doesn't experience as much downtime, but this'll mainly line the pockets of the wrong people

new age of piracy when

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Endorph posted:

it rules that this guy basically proved every anti-localization dude right and they will harass completely unrelated people over this (and also all the trans VAs) for the next like year. incredible posting
that sounds like real horrible poo poo!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

symbolic posted:

i know it's petty to hate on someone for just being too good but basically yes
I've barely had time to recover from two decades of tom brady!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

kirbysuperstar posted:

I thought Japanese Garfield was the other comic that was posted here daily, the one with the cat

Kuu-chan?
wonder cat kyuu-chan got street fighter edits instead

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Sleng Teng posted:

Maybe I’m the one going crazy… hell
i think i'm just old now

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
-yuru camp has a stronger male bias than gundam
-snoopy is for the office ladies and chicago p.d. is for the older office ladies
-older people of both genders are really into shohei ohtani

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
to translators: if the thing you're translating has a cultural reference you don't understand, how long does it take you to look up that information on the internet? if, in what I presume is a rare instance, the internet is unable to provide an adequate answer, what do you turn to next?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Endorph posted:

toriyama's career is honestly insane. he could have stopped after dr. slump and been an influential and famous author. he could have stopped dragon ball after the piccolo arc and been known worldwide. instead he kept going and it shaped the entire world. dude was a legend.
I don't think I'll experience a bigger anime/manga death (of an individual) for the rest of my life. there are other figures that mean more to me on a personal level, but as far as stature is concerned, only miyazaki would get comparative press in america, but that's different compared to how toriyama's work permeated worldwide

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Endorph posted:

that staff is currently spread across bisque doll, bocchi, and frieren, the last thing they need is more work
as a fan of all 3 of those things, I'm gonna be happy and then kinda antsy for the next 5 years or w/e

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

verbal enema posted:

lil bro looking for classic samurai films with good rear end swordfights

i already said any Kurasawa film should do it but thats all i know
sword of doom

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
AnimeJapan 2024 "Manga We Want To See Animated" Top 10 Ranking

10) “PSYREN” (Author: Toshiaki Iwashiro)

9) “Kindergarten Wars” (Author: Yukio Chiba)

8) “The Summer You Were There” (Author: Yuama)

7) “Kagurabachi” (Author: Ken Sozono)

6) “The Filthy You Is the Cutest” (Author: Manio)

5) "Ugly Duckling of the Entertainment District'' (Author: Sei Kariya)

4) 'I Think I Turned My Childhood Friend (♂) Into a Girl'' (Author: Azusa Banjo)

3) “RAB (Real Akiba Boys)'' (Author: Maron)

2) “Elementary School Student Emmoto Emumi’s Selfish Life” (Author: Emfujin)

1) “Shinanonchi no Ikuru” (Author: Hami Nakaso)

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
dang it's been five years since beard gorilla wrapped up, and the mangaka has still been hard at work since then, focusing on a couple of BL series and a mature SOL series

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
might be a game of leapfrog with bocchi and frieren for the next few years if the director insists on staying on both projects

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I attribute some of that to timeslot and marketing, not sure how much of that will carry over to the next season

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Endorph posted:

ehh. 11:30 on a friday night is a better timeslot than a lot of stuff gets but it isnt like, 6 pm on a saturday like daigo and conan have
ah, i mistakenly thought it still retained that sweet-rear end primetime slot when the first four eps aired, no poo poo that's super good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

homeless snail posted:

sadly the hitoribocchi anime was mid. better than the senryu shojo anime though. the season of loving up shy girl manga adaptations
the hitoribocchi anime was above mid, it was good, it just wasn't popular enough to get to the better material. and anyway c2c studio is probably locked into adapting slf for the next few years