Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chat Thread reboot gooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Do they call the 30th Final Fantasy FFXXX and try to live up to expectations or do the run from it like cowards

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gawr Gooner posted:

Sorry to have to make this post but I just rewatched Blood and Blood+ and I gotta say:
Blood-C sucked major rear end! CLAMP sucks!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

While I wouldn't call Blood-C TV good it sure was a fun watch...

Movie was pretty dull though

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm at work and can't watch last episode of MyGo ;(

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Need to have the thread at least hit 30 pages before doing a new one for symmetry

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If you have to files for reasons (can't afford, region locked, etc) than files but for the love of everything don't use a kissanime like service

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Look I get Char/Amuro especially if you go with a three way with Lalah but its not on the same level as Garma/Char

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmb9qusW2yU&t=100s

While I liked the Yohane anime it was the weakest of Love Live's I'm down for Yohane Castlevania

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Actually they should of just built the Love Live Spinoff around Dia being a Kamen Rider

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Discotek's Nanoha release was good now I have the Japanese Blu Ray sitting on my shelf collecting dust I guess

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hoping booking opens up for the flu and covid booster soon here cause I think Winter is gonna be cold this year to make up for the long dry summer

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rewatched Naniha Reflection and Detonation as they got an actual US blu ray release. Gonna probably rewatch Lycoris Recoil this week before new season starts

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Have the Gunbuster OAV's on it as well but hell yeah Gaogaigar watch time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's fun watching people start Mygo after the rave reviews and not being ready for the full Soyo experience

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Had really good French Toast for breakfast I should do that more

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

if you post ai images you should be banned

But how will we keep up with the insanity of the new Gundam Seed designs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/D4DJ_gm/status/1709493565569872176

D4DJ collabs really make me want to pick the game up even though I have way to many games right now

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Colonel posted:

people will dump on gundam f91 but i think it deserves credit as a. mostly entertaining watch. it's uh. it's not good. but it's worth watching because it is fascinating to see what could have been

F91 has the bones of a really good Gundam in it and I wonder if it could of been great if was a full TV series. But also you can see the traps it fell into and also has the lamest Char ever so it being a mess is also not a shock

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not watching much NFL this year but super happy New England is awful

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Like I'm really hoping Bill gets the all time Coaching loses record and never gets close to the wins record

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah Amuro dying is not that shocking. Amuro dying after having his mind blown by Char's dumb rear end speech? Yeah that's shocking

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Newtype hell is being stuck as therapist for every messed up Mobile Suit pilot ever

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Canadian Thanksgiving is in Ocotober which is good cause it spreads the time between Turkey Dinners more

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Silly Billy you use a Beta VCR for DVD's and BluRay's

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

There were articles out around the time the SNES was released about parents being upset that the SNES couldn't play NES games when they tried and vice versa

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 12, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Birdie Wing's ending match wasn't as over the top as other matches and it also felt like more of a set up for an OAV/sequel but still it's okay enough

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think my signing annoyance is people bringing bootleg merch to have signed. Like I get why you may pirate or bootleg, there's reasons to do both. But getting artist/talent to sign just is not a good look

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The amazing thing about the Moe panic was even during peak chasing K-on it never really hit levels like we saw with shows chasing Eva or Gundam or what we would see with shows chasing SAO. Just crazy paranoia cause some people hated shows with girls as leads

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

*hides his Battle Arena Toshinden posters covering every room in his house*

Calling the Playstation better than the Saturn cause it got Toshinden at launch is one of those opinions that aged faster that spoiled milk left on the counter

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

I caught the end of Jason X on TV.

Is there an anime equivalent to something like that? Just dumb, at times goofy, over the top horror/violence.

While it's not good Blood-C fits this

And While it is good but not bloody The Lost Village also fits

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Willo567 posted:

what's everyone's favorite yuri pairing? I love tsukasa/an and subaru/mariko from .hack sign

Since Nanoha/Fate were mentioned gonna go with the other 2004 Magical Girl Yuri pair Honoka/Nagisa

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Obari's 90's/Early 00's OAV run is a lot of messy shows that have some potential but never really come together and run the gamut of at least being interesting to just being a mess that visuals can't carry

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nanoha TV is nice and I hope this means we finally get StrikerS cause I want to own a physical copy as it's my favorite season (Yeah it's got some pacing issues and not as good A's but also Fate/Nanoha live together and adopt a kid )

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah when I first saw it when it aired it really felt like they reworked the plot mid-season to make it more action and turn it sci-fi which of course was silly but I was young and didn't get that it wanted to make you think it was a normal magical girl show that was copying CCS and not you know Super Robot Wars. I actually like the original TV way more than the movie when I rewatched it a couple years back, awkward and forgotten Triangle Heart stuff and all

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I rank Go Princess and Kira Kira as top tier Precure too for different reasons, Go Go as it has great action and Minami's gay. Kira Kira for Cure Macaroon and Chocolate

Doki Doki could of been great if it didn't have the worst mid season twist and mid season arc ever

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yes, Heartcatch and Star Twinkle are all really good movies and amazing Precure movies

Elle is pretty great and probably best Precure baby ever

Endorph posted:

the pitch for healin' good precure is that its the most insane season of precure ever made because it was a series where the bad guys were viruses and wanted to make the world ill, that aired right as covid started, so the entire plot becomes an insane nightmare as it tries to reroute its basic premise before giving up,

and then it ends on an epilogue ep where the animals of the fairy mascot kingdom all agree that they'll annihilate humanity if they don't live in harmony with nature

You forgot that just before the covid shut down the introduced a new bad guy that was a rat and then sure as hell quickly wrote him out of the series

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 17, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Seeing the Heartcatch Movie just reminds me Bones is wasting Rie Matsumoto right now

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Which one had the gay robot cure, she was good

Huggto

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Star Twinkle dunks on J.J. Abraham's which is super funny

Splash Star is actually a really good season but suffers from the lead designs being way too close to Nagisa and Honoka and also having to tone fights down cause Toei messed up in the second Max Heart movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also I like Tropical Rouge a lot and think Laura and Manatsu have great chemistry and the plot actually is really good but I wouldn't put it quite top tier as really Manatsu, Laura and Asukq just outshine the other 2 Cures who really don't add much