Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I see no Vin Diesel here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I watched some anime today. More Haibane Renmei.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Meowywitch posted:

whos your fav girl

Only on ep 5 so it's currently a tie between Reki or Kana. I've been alternating between dub and sub episodes and while the sub is generally better I felt that Kana's English VA hits the beats at least as well as the original actress.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVbb6PSO_Fw

Serial Experiments George.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/SpunkityBall/status/1701398100978385257?t=EIi8LvBXCoDehUBzQjE2UQ&s=19

Lol.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
George looks like he has a concussion.

Par for the course with Baki faces, imo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Gooning is not something I knew about and now that I do I wish I didn't.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

verbal enema posted:

I am shameless as gently caress I have a rotating series of anime babes I use as my phone lock and wall paper but I mean come the gently caress on

I'm sure he did too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1702206025066058222?t=3IxYHettHsBDxTR1xzo3ZQ&s=19

drat, tendinitis sucks.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

Netflix has renewed One Piece for a second season.

I thought they did that thing where most shows are bought as two seasons for reasons and it takes something supremely bad like the Netflix Bebop show to tank that sort of deal.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You just need to wait for the mods from the guy who says"I speak Japanese only". Then you know you're downloading quality.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But the 'slab is international???

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The race of dogmatic religious fanatics named after the Qur'an were described as "Militant Islamic Borg" by their writer. Maybe let the Thedas thing slide when Bioware has that particular yikes under their writing belt.

Dragon Age 2 was a mistake.

EDIT: I just remembered that the entire plot regarding the Qunari in DA2 revolved around Isabella stealing their holy book for shits and giggles so they decide to launch a jihad against the city to get it back.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 15, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
General question regarding singing in anime. Is it considered standard practice for a voice actor to be expected to sing when their characters sing ala Paige O'Hara in Beauty and the Beast or is it more common to have a voice actor do the talky bits and then a singer soundalike to do the singing bits ala Matthew Broderick/Joseph Williams in Lion King?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

homeless snail posted:

whenever an anime casts separate speaking and singing voices, almost always seems to me that they cast the singing voice first and then realize they can't act and need an actor, rather than realizing their actor can't sing. I guess thats the opposite of disney movies

I wonder what the stage-to-voice acting pipeline is like in Japan. I know that quite a few voice actors in the anglosphere got their start doing stage work where you pretty much have to rely on your voice to convey information since the people at the back won't be making out the complexities of your facial expressions. It's a different skill set to be sure but it has a fair amount of overlap.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ohtori Akio posted:

western musical films have begun to simply cast actors who cannot sing and give them difficult voice parts nonetheless and its pretty funny

Nah the best part is when they cast actors who can't sing and then pair them up against trained singers who run circles around them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's considered a bad action if you call Isabella out on this and the game really wants you to feel bad if you tell her to gently caress off lol. What a terrible game.

The game also wants you to feel bad if you tell the lunatic Anders to gently caress off after he does fantasy 9/11 on a church.

GateOfD posted:

seems common when the show is strictly about singing.
I believe Carol and Tuesday split up the singing and talking roles too

This one I can understand because the songs are all in English and casting someone who can act in Japanese and also sing fluently in a different language seems like a logistical challenge.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
People have said my avatar looks like YIIK but it's actually a hosed up Obi Wan.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Patware posted:

if someone made a credible case my avatar looked like the YIIK dude, AKA "every matt in existence", i would immediately change it out of self-respect

Nah, it's more fun this way and I have no self respect.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Makes it easy ti clean the carpet imo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Edge and Goog when she should be using Firefox

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think I built that in Armored Core.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I just had some drinks.

Don't like me after drinks but

I like seeing my friend.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 17, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

This remains the most disappointing thing ever.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEL6IMJmTns

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Piccolo is cool and my dad and he secretly gets the best fight scenes in the entire series. Every time he shows up in the movies he kicks serious rear end and his duel with 17 is the best raw action scene of the Androids/Cell saga.

Anyways I had a good day I drank a margarita and then got a pecan butter tart and bought a Henley shirt for 20 bucks after getting it half off with a jew pair of sweatpants. I now have a trendy "lazy around the house" attire.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 17, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've got three episodes of Haibane Renmei left. Quite enjoying it though maybe not as much as Serial Experiments Lain. It's a lot more straightforward than Lain and I picked up on what the show is doing almost immediately once the wings and halos came out, but it's still a pretty compelling little story. I'll probably finish it up in the next day or two.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Office building flooded over the weekend so the ground and 2nd floor are busted and the elevators are out.

I work on the 8th floor. And our phone lines short circuited because the breaker is on the flooded floor. And they can't turn on the building AC either.

This is fun.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There a particular reason against using that one? Are they siphoning cash?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If I was to be a vegetarian I'd probably just eat fresh sweetcorn. Getting some saturday picked corn that tastes this good is better than any of the sad cobs that come in the bins at grocery stores.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Mushrooms go on pizza or in stew.

Bakery question: you have scones, cornmeal muffins, stew and chili. Which baked good goes better with which meal?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 19, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

AlternateNu posted:

Cornmeal -> chili

Scones -> tea and jam

Do you consider sukiyaki a stew?

I mean, it might fit the technical definition. Sukiyaki always looks so nice and well prepared that i dont want to toss everything together when they bring it out. I certainly prefer my stews a bit more blended and slathered in beef gravy. Sourdough scones make amazing sponges to wipe up stew residue.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 19, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It has the best music by far. The rest of it I can accept debate but the music is irrefutable.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Princess Mononoke is like a more violent version of The Lorax.

Ibblebibble posted:

Also where the gently caress is Thunderbolt 3

Fifteen years away after Banrise gets Hathaway and Unicorn 2 out of their systems.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
"Conflict changes people" would he more accurate to Gundam, if a bit more nebulous in what that statement means to individual series.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He mother never really love him.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How am I supposed to know if it's a Hosoda movie if nobody dives into the Internet ti save the day?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/IAloveEB06S/status/1703980833227629014?t=oo2h3ZTYPK6bWsHwKAFguw&s=19

Pharact getting itself an Armored Core 6 custom job. Not sure this frame would be able to sortie without being overburdened, those triple lasers devour energy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4BUf9ZCgnA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Work started back up in force this week and I'm already fed up with reporters, politicians and the giant crowd of anti-gay bigots swarming around my office.