Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Thank god the poll is short this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Just smash your keyboard and a couple danmei acronyms will probably pop out.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
https://twitter.com/suv032/status/1390654473010237444?s=20

Been using this since...May 7 2021. I'm lazy.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I like the ANN reviewer who still hasn't gotten over whatever trauma they had from school bullying, which they manage to viciously project onto at least one show per season.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
19 is an episode where they have a gimmick duel with a quiz show host, so I understand why something like that could annoy people. I don't remember disliking it, that first Pendulum arc I only remember fondly compared to all the rest.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
People were still holding onto hope for Yuzu after almost two years?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

The only people who care about Mission Impossible 2 are John Woo fans. Nobody likes the first movie and everyone else only vaguely remembers MI3 before it became commonly accepted that Tom Cruise spy action movies are pretty good.

What in the gently caress

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I'm here to say the original Mission Impossible is a Top 3 Mission Impossible and that will probably never change since they all became normal action movies directed by the same guy. Ethan Hunt is no longer a guy who has to trawl chatrooms to decode a bible cipher or any other cool poo poo like that. Fallout even tries to copy the fake room scene!

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
You gotta say it, "Hausu".

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Or refer to the medical procedural as House M.D.

The most dangerous doctor.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The studio had basically been dead for a decade already, don't think there's much worse that could happen.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
This but Shigeno Goro.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Tales of Woe posted:

im watching 91 days, it's alright

Famous anime chili in that one.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Patware posted:

hmm what else do you think is a cool show no one seems to talk about

Windy Tales

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's good. Funny that the new anime changed Ramona's job from Amazon to Netflix though.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

I watched the Scott Pilgrim clip and imagined a much better version directed by Edgar Wright.

lol

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Best of luck to the Frieren anime as they rehabilitate the Chunin Exam arc.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's a series that has the energy of getting greenlit based off a oneshot it turns out you weren't well-prepared to follow through on.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Editing the UI from Journeyman Project into myGO screenshots.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
RDJ Lupin

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

homeless snail posted:

are there any infinity train psychos? I think maybe I could manage that

Like this?

https://twitter.com/LUMlTYKlSS/status/1384272210622251011

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Srice posted:

Been able to gradually make some more progress over the past few months on getting through all of 2022's anime movies. Not as quickly as I'd like but between a few vacations and some life-changing events, well, sometimes life comes at you fast. Anyways, just some quick takes:

Tsurune: The First Shot - Was surprised to find out that this is a compilation movie, given how it's edited in a way that made me assume it was a sequel. Even as a liker of sports anime this didn't do much for me. It made me think about how a lot of my enjoyment of Free was less because of how it handled the writing for the sport itself and more because of its colorful cast and high energy. This is to say that I found the archery competitions boring and the movie itself was cut together in such a way as to make most of the character motivations come off as too vague for me to connect with, and with how seriously it takes itself I found that to be an impediment. Alas.

It being a comp film for the first season is where I'd lay a lot of the weaknesses. Despite the team sports framing, it was a season largely focused on Minato as a single character, and only explored a few other characters through their connections to him. I also came away not really getting archery as a sport and feeling unsatisfied by the progression/success of Kazemai because of that. S2 alleviated basically all of those issues by actually exploring the existing ensemble and even throwing in some interesting new rivals who exist outside the dominant tradition and class status of the sport. Aesthetically I still get a bit tired of their common visual motifs/metaphors in the competition scenes, but when it comes to straight up animating the shots and sound design for that it feels even more effective than S1.

quote:

Backflip!! The Movie - Not having seen the tv series the structure of the movie was what stuck out to me. That the big tournament is swiftly handled in the first act and then the rest of the movie is dealing with what comes next, particularly for the graduating seniors. Not a new topic for a sports anime to tackle but making it the crux of a movie is novel enough - particularly since unlike a lot of sports anime that asks these questions, there isn't exactly a wide range of opportunities for men's rhythmic gymnastics compared to something like baseball. It's interesting enough to convince me to check out the tv series proper someday. The cast all feel like they're working with familiar archetypes but not so much as to come off as rote. And heck, sometimes that's all a sports anime needs.

Agreed on this being a pretty nice movie that felt novel enough in execution even if the topic isn't really. I think the movie also benefits from needing to get to a point, so the character archetypes you're picking up on don't have time to grate. When it comes to the series, that and the direction of the ending were big things that cooled my opinion on it, but there's still some significant highlights in its run.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Had to explain frozen teardrop lore to my friend who likes wing but hasn't seen anything in the setting passed the TV show ending and I forgot how powerful the fujoshi brains are that wrote that are.

Honestly the poo poo happening with Quattre and Trowa is gayer than anything G Witch could dream of doing.

What the gently caress, they need to watch EW this Christmas.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Hope this includes some theatre showings.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Dolbonic ramen.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

The Rain expanded universe.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Perhaps unfair but it always had a bad taste for being synonymous with their total killing of 2D, and nothing about the movie except Mother Gothel particularly appealed to me.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Red Garden dabbles with nondiegetic performance in an early episode or two, sadly they didn't keep it up the whole series.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They kinda GWitched it.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

By what interpretation. That can mean a lot of things. Hopefully you mean it's gay as all get out.

It means in every way. Production is rough and it has a "Season 2" that is even obviously more just the second cour of one season they were I guess struggling with, yes it's gay, and the second half has too many elements for everything to execute satisfyingly.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I wasn't really satisfied with their late S2 opponents or how they negatively affect the show fully delivering on the main rivalry.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
She didn't listen to the OST where they scream about not losing your way.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Paku Romi

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Haruhi and their Key adaptations whistling nonchalantly as K-On is skewered for being moe.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Furnaceface posted:

I caught the end of Jason X on TV.

Is there an anime equivalent to something like that? Just dumb, at times goofy, over the top horror/violence.

It seems a bit polarizing but I enjoyed Calamity of a Zombie Girl.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Shiki is kind of a slow start but it does go wild if you stick with it.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

The Colonel posted:

why did masami obari adapt a sega saturn adventure game about fighting viruses in a vr world into a super sentai yaoi anime full of half-naked men with huge tits where they make jokes about landfills

Gender equality.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Sadly it's mid.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I'll be watching it as god intended, starting with Futari wa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Not wowed by the poster but I've seen how much worse it could be (French poster).