Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

watching some loving anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

good idea im gonna watch blood-c

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

one of the coolest looking anime movies ever

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

People have said my avatar looks like YIIK but it's actually a hosed up Obi Wan.

sorry but i can only see it as the yiik guy ever since someone said that

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

konaka is back baby

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

The Colonel posted:

gaap isnt even a yandere. begone

none of them are lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

tbf ghibli movies are the one type of anime you could maybe get a dmca warning for torrenting

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

gundam is about that too

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the only miyazaki im particularly fond of is castle of cagliostro. the rest are fine. though i havent seen ponyo or the new one

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

one perfect shot

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

makes sense to cash in if your current success is entirely based on an octogenarian

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

xenoglossia is funny becuase it was made at the last possible moment that someone could theoretically have been concerned a cute girls anime wouldn't sell without turning it into mecha

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i just watched Getting Any? the other night and it was funny thats my contribution to beat takeshi chat

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

they are now wrongstuf. has anyone said this

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

milk is evil

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

tall avs bad wide avs good

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

im watching 91 days, it's alright

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

trigger's first anime was idolmaster 2011

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

all the spy family op/eds are by big name directors, theyve clearly made that a priority

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Fangz posted:

https://fullfrontal.moe/goro-taniguchi-interview/

Pretty fun interview on Planetes and Code Gaess.

great interview. the stuff about how sunrise basically didnt support geass s1 at all, made them work out of a lovely temporary office, etc is pretty incredible in retrospect

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i mean they're there because there was a sars outbreak in the studio, you can just skip them, they still made all 26 normal episodes

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

dunno where you're watching it but the last 4 episodes were released as an OVA due to them losing the tv slot. should be 30 eps total including the recaps.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

haypliss posted:

The Rain expanded universe.

theres a new entry starting today!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Erg posted:

:woop:

Idk what’s with so many gamer shows recently but I’m hype for another VRMMO (?) show

it's about esports, unfortunately

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Healer Girl from last year had that

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah healer girl had both diegetic and non-diegetic songs. the latter aren't in every episode sadly but theres some good sequences with them

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

thats a good one. some other good shows that are now a decade old: non non biyori, kyousougiga, gundam build fighters, log horizon, nagi-asu

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

of course

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

symbolic posted:

didn't post here frequently until like 2 years ago and trying to imagine an ADTRW that dislikes K-On but loves KLK...yikes

its fun looking at old seasonal threads and seeing, like, haruhi way down the list with some dismissive description while everyone posts about being excited for .hack//roots

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

I checked the earliest one, the Winter 2005 one, and it has 22 shows listed compared to the current season's 56

Jesus they really did make less back then

the skew towards spring and fall used to be a lot stronger. the spring 2006 one i was just looking at had like 45.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Endorph posted:

winter 2005 had

Air
Aa My Goddess
Negima
Peach Girl
Girls Bravo S2
Sukisyo
Mahoraba
Xenosaga
Futari Wa Precure Max Heart
Starship Operators
Buzzer Beater
Gallery Fake
Jinki:Extend
Damekko Doubutsu
UG☆Ultimate Girls
Masuda Kousuke Gekijou Gag Manga Biyori
Transformers Galaxy Force
Magical Canan
Condor Hero II

Some stuff nobody on earth has thought about for a decade but some of that's pretty good. Gallery Fake FTW.

i liked mahoraba if its the one im thinking of and not the other show that came out around the same time with almost the same name (and also the same director and studio to further confuse it)

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the one im thinking of has satomi arai playing a character with 5 split personalities. the #1 show for satomi arai content

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Namtab posted:

The bolded series were Heroman, Arakawa under the bridge, Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin, Sarai-ya Goyou, Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei

arakawa under the bridge, house of five leaves, and tatami galaxy are all good picks to be fair

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

cute but imprisoned

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ive only seen 4 precures including the current but id rank them star twinkle > hirogaru sky > heartcatch > tropical rouge

heartcatch has very good style and action though so its reputation as the good for non-precure audiences precure makes sense

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Seeing the Heartcatch Movie just reminds me Bones is wasting Rie Matsumoto right now

she works for toho not bones! bones doesnt have any in-house directors afaik

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ninjewtsu posted:

which magic girl anime has the best action sequences

my magical girl exposure is basically just madoka and debatably granbelm

precure has periodic pop-off episodes like any long running action series.

madoka or flip flappers is probably it for concentrated 12 episode stuff? feel like im missing one other obvious one too but can't think of what

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Turbinosamente posted:

Anybody else going back and watching obscure and old series for the hell of it? I got bored enough to start rewatching Sherlock Hound and it's as pleasant and standard as I remember it being, that is all.

i'm at all times watching some 00s show that no one talks about anymore. currently it's Rental Magica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

symbolic posted:

got a top 3 recs...?

simoun
stellvia
oh! edo rocket

i think people talk about simoun again these days though maybe