Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

T-Bone posted:

I may actually need to move stuff around looking more at my schedule.

Are any of the following dates terrible for people?

October 3rd (Tuesday)

October 5th (Thursday)

October 6th (Friday)

October 7th (Saturday)

October 8th (Sunday)

I'd like to draft all three leagues on some combination of those dates if possible.

I'd love to do LSL on the 3rd, 5th, or 6th and avoid it being on Thanksgiving weekend, if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

genki posted:

ME: oh yeah, I'll join LSL too, try out some whacky draft things

ALSO ME: I finished 2nd overall in LSL last season, lost on a tiebreaker in the championship game.

Perhaps you should have considered giving 110% instead of just 100.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

And I'm 19th smh
I call for an official investigation.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kalensc posted:

bonne chance dans les séries mes amis

As someone juggling Gibson, Daws, Lyon, and Ingram across a few leagues, I feel you.

I put up a 15-0-0 week in LSL trying to steal the #1 seed and you just had to go 14-0-1 :argh:
Managed to move up to #3 though, which means we're on opposite sides of the bracket.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

it's joever in lsl

Rough week for you; your team deserved better.

The other semi might have literally come down to "whoever picks up Arturs Silovs first wins" lol

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kalensc posted:

I happened to glance at the 'Team Levels' link and saw you had reached 1001, which made me :eyepop: because I'd assumed 1000 was a ceiling.

Then I glanced at your placements by season and :staredog::stare::dogstare:, your LSL success is like if the '97-'02 Wings took two years to retool before going on a '84-'88 Oilers run, or something similarly bonkers. :worship:

Yeah I've had a truly insane run. Gunning for my 4th title in 5 years and 5th overall. Got a couple runner up finishes too.

Your team is formidable though, and you handled me in the regular season and therefore have the tiebreaker, so I'm going to need a big week.

Having to drop Ingram to grab Silovs to secure your win definitely works to my advantage though, as did having a comfortable win this week that allowed me to make a couple pickups today with our matchup in mind.

Good luck! Should be a good one.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If I wake up to an Arturs Silovs shutout...I will not be pleased.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

If I wake up to an Arturs Silovs shutout...I will not be pleased.

Dodged the Silovs bullet and got a Mark Jankowski SHG instead.

e: Into an empty net, to boot

e2: Man, Rittich lost his shutout with 2 minutes left. Might need a SO or SHP to realistically pull this off, since Kalen has the tiebreaker.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 5, 2024

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Same to you!

With the tiebreaker in hand and more man games remaining I think you've got to be favoured at this point. My boys have some work to do.

E: Good call benching your goalies, was really hoping you wouldn't. Things looked promising with Andersen giving up 3 in the first 10 minutes yesterday and then Boston couldn't beat him the rest of the way. :sigh:

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 5, 2024

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Welp, no shutout in LSL. Likeliest outcome looks like a 7-7 tie that goes to Kalen on the tiebreaker unless I can scrape out a shorthanded point.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Hate to lose on a tiebreaker (and also an empty net SHG) but congrats Kalen! Came right down to the end.

I think that makes 4 2nd place LSL finishes for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kalensc posted:

Thanks Gobias! I was nervous after botching several transactions and Andersen's shutout from the bench, so I'll accept a tie-breaker win as a validation of my 'use all the transactions, every week, all year long, roster over 100 different players' strategy. :pusheen: Your season was incredible though, sorry it had to come down to a fluke SHG, especially after that 15-0 final week of the regular season (although I guess Seed wouldn't have changed anything perhaps?).

How many 1st-place finishes though, like 6 or something? 2019-20, 20-21, and 22-23 were all yours, yeah?

Nah the tiebreaker was regular season head to head, so you beat me fair and square. I was just feeling salty last night haha
The flukiness of SHP is what makes it an interesting stat to include. You win some, you lose some.

I finished 2nd in 2012-2013, 2017-2018, 2018-2019, and now 2023-2024
And I won in 2013-2014, 2019-2020, 2020-2021, and 2022-2023
So 4 of each now.

I've managed to make the finals in 8 of the 14 seasons all-time and 6 of the last 7 years so I've got nothing to complain about. I really enjoy this league and scouring the most barren waiver wire I've ever seen.