Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I'm back for LSL & DLML and up for other leagues if a spot needs filling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I'm late to be commenting, but I'm good any day/time for the LSL & DLML drafts so long as they aren't at exactly 5-6pm on a weekday.

HHL filled up yeah? I really want to find a keeper league to try out eventually, seems like a fun alternative.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Anyone wanna take over this team? We need a replacement.

10 team h2h, keep 4 players from this roster:

Draft is Oct. 8th at 9 pm eastern I think.

Sure, free league?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

lol oh poo poo LSL is tomorrow, not next Tuesday? I best get myself organized.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Yaya posted:

6 PM on Sunday for HHL kinda wrecks me because it gives me about an hour and change before I have to start driving to catch a ferry coming back from visiting for Thanksgiving.

I know Moose said earlier doesn't work. Would Monday be a dealbreaker for anybody?

If you needed someone to sub in as Interim GM for the later rounds when you have to head to the ferry, I'd be happy to help. I could follow your cheat sheet, or talk with you live the first hour to learn what you're aiming to build, etc.

Dunno if that provides a benefit over auto-draft but the offer is there. :yeah:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

TBone picking 1st I see

:hmmno:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I feel okay about the draft overall, but drat was I snakebit for goalies. It always felt one round early to go for someone like Jarry, Levi, Binnington, etc, and naturally they'd get scooped up on the way back around the snake.

Ended up committing to skater categories, with the hopes one of the bad teams has a surprising year.

Frugal Moogle
1.(6)Brady Tkachuk (OTT - LW)
2.(35)J.T. Miller (VAN - C,RW)
3.(46)Tim Stutzle (OTT - C,LW)
4.(75)Elias Lindholm (CGY - C)
5.(86)Andrei Svechnikov (CAR - LW,RW)
6.(115)Darnell Nurse (EDM - D)
7.(126)Pavel Buchnevich (STL - C,LW)
8.(155)John Gibson (ANA - G)
9.(166)Ryan Hartman (MIN - C,RW)
10.(195)Sean Durzi (ARI - D)
11.(206)Karel Vejmelka (ARI - G)
12.(235)Tony DeAngelo (CAR - D)
13.(246)Jonas Johansson (TB - G)
14.(275)Jean-Gabriel Pageau (NYI - C)
15.(286)Michael Matheson (MTL - D)
16.(315)Rasmus Ristolainen (PHI - D)
17.(326)Adam Lowry (WPG - C)
18.(355)Jamie Drysdale (ANA - D)
19.(366)Nicholas Paul (TB - C,LW)
20.(395)Kirby Dach (MTL - C)
21.(406)Michael Rasmussen (DET - C,LW)
22.(435)Cam Atkinson (PHI - RW)
23.(446)Jonas Brodin (MIN - D)

Oh and in the last round or two I finally stumbled upon the tabs which showed position breakdown per team, projections for drafted teams, etc, so I took a screenshot of the surely-flawed prognostication:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

T-Bone posted:

Yes, sorry!

Big ineligible list this year, probably the biggest ever.

code:
Jason Robertson
Jeremy Swagman
Marc-Andre Fleury
Connor McDavid
Ondrej Palat
Justin Faulk
Trevor Zegras
Sam Reinhart
Joel Eriksson Ek
Cole Caulfield
MacKenzie Weever
Sam Bennett
Devon Loews
Brady Tkachuk
Adam Fox
Nikita Kucherov
Kirill Kaprizov
Aaron Ekblad
Joust Saros
Filip Forsberg
Reminder that you can keep 4 players at their cost in the draft last year + 20% (rounded up). FAs on your final roster count at $1 unless they had a FAAB cost.

I know it's autocorrect or whatever but Joust Saros is an amazing name.

By the way, out of curiosity, what makes a player fall under the "ineligible keeper" designation?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

Denis Lemieux Memorial League

Grand Moff Harkins

1. (3) Matthew Tkachuk (FLA - LW,RW)
2. (26) Linus Ullmark (BOS - G)
3. (31) Juuse Saros (NSH - G)
4. (54) Pierre-Luc Dubois (LA - C,LW)
5. (59) Tristan Jarry (PIT - G)
6. (82) Matt Boldy (MIN - LW,RW)
7. (87) Evan Bouchard (EDM - D)
8. (110) Martin Necas (CAR - C,RW)
9. (115) Adrian Kempe (LA - C,RW)
10. (138) Ryan Hartman (MIN - C,RW)
11. (143) Kris Letang (PIT - D)
12. (166) Robert Thomas (STL - C)
13. (171) Shea Theodore (VGK - D)
14. (194) Zach Werenski (CBJ - D)
15. (199) Tyler Seguin (DAL - C,RW)
16. (222) Artturi Lehkonen (COL - LW)
17. (227) Filip Hronek (VAN - D)

I feel a lot happier with this than I did with my LSL draft. Naturally that probably means this team will suck and the other one will do well. We'll see.

Only concern is maybe I sprung for a third goalie too early but honestly I was a bit nervous about Ullmark getting hurt or losing the job. Far less likely for Saaros or Jarry to not be full time starters.

Ahhh you were Grand Moff. Felt like every time it went into your "end" before snaking back out you'd snipe 2 of the top 3~ remaining on my list. :argh: :sigh:

I felt like this was a way tougher draft than LSL, probably due to it involving half as many drafted players and thus less opportunities to snag a diamond in the rough. Missing out on Schmid and Kochetkov in both drafts stings.

(I will consider trades for both, in both leagues!)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

Sorry! I got sniped a few times as well if it's any consolation.

lmao of course, kudos on the strong draft

Here's Zarley Zalapski's Zealots

code:

RoundPickPlayerPosition
1.(6)Mikko Rantanen RW
2.(23)Steven Stamkos C,LW
3.(34)Filip Gustavsson G
4.(51)Roman Josi D
5.(62)Andrei Svechnikov LW,RW
6.(79)Adin Hill G
7.(90)Tomas Hertl C
8.(107)Josh Morrissey D
9.(118)Mathew Barzal C,RW
10.(135)Jonathan Marchessault RW
11.(146)Jonas Johansson G
12.(163)Filip Forsberg LW
13.(174)David Perron LW,RW
14.(191)Sam Bennett C
15.(202)Nikolaj Ehlers LW
16.(219)Josh Norris C
17.(230)Jamie Drysdale D

I'm relying on quite a few "returning from IR" skaters, and the stretch from Barzal through Johansson was where I really struggled to sift through the options and almost ran out of time lol.

One day I'll do some barebones pre-draft setup instead of trying to assess everything on the fly lol.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Yaya posted:

Super Street Fighter 2 Turco (HHL) Keepers

Rasmus Dahlin $8 -> $10
Clayton Keller -$30 -> $36
Timo Meier $18 -> $22
Roman Josi $56 -> $67

I had a really good draft last year apparently. There were a lot of good value picks I had to decide on.

Sent you a PM, let me know how you want to arrange things tonight, if you still need to head out to the ferry mid-draft.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I'm up against T-Bone in both LSL and DLML and our goaltending battle is :eng99: personified.

2023-24 Samsonov vs 2023-24 Campbell would be an improvement lmao.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

bonne chance dans les séries mes amis

fancy stats posted:

can't really complain about my season in hhl, but its great seeing a bunch of my players start getting hurt just in time for the playoffs

also, dropping korpisalo absolutely turned my season around, ottawa should've maybe given that a try

As someone juggling Gibson, Daws, Lyon, and Ingram across a few leagues, I feel you.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

I put up a 15-0-0 week in LSL trying to steal the #1 seed and you just had to go 14-0-1 :argh:
Managed to move up to #3 though, which means we're on opposite sides of the bracket.

I was sweating your push all week! I'm also content that you ended up in the other bracket. :shobon:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

Advanced by the skin of my pants in LSL

Extremely ditto, it took a herculean effort by the Ottawa PP yesterday to create some hope, and then Mike Matheson was the hero with a... shorthanded point?! :sweatdrop:

Felt bad for Yaya, they held a strong position from Wednesday onwards, I just got very lucky.

Good luck to 'Get the Wheels on the Rust!' in the semis (besides T-Bone and Yaya I don't have a clue who GMs each team lol).

And in the DLML, good luck to 'Who Framed Maxime Talbot?', you've got an excellent team name and avatar, and it'll surely be a see-saw battle. :blessed:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

fancy stats posted:

Having Larkin back is huge too, that dude takes so many face-offs, Eriksson Ek needs to return so bad

Good news!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Rough week for you; your team deserved better.

The other semi might have literally come down to "whoever picks up Arturs Silovs first wins" lol

I had to scoop up Silovs purely as a blocking move in LSL, def would have lost saves and likely tied on wins, and I'd have lost the tie-breaker so I couldn't take any chances.

mentholmoose posted:

Hey, those are both me! Good luck to you as well, I’m going to try my hardest to make it as tough as possible for you.

Holy hell did your squads ever come out guns blazing, especially in LSL. I got insanely lucky with the goalie results, and for the second straight week I'm feeling apologetic about eking out a win by such razor-thin margins.

I hope you earn trophies next week in LSL & DLML, your seasons def deserve something on the mantle!

Gobias Ind. posted:

I put up a 15-0-0 week in LSL trying to steal the #1 seed and you just had to go 14-0-1 :argh:
Managed to move up to #3 though, which means we're on opposite sides of the bracket.

I happened to glance at the 'Team Levels' link and saw you had reached 1001, which made me :eyepop: because I'd assumed 1000 was a ceiling.

Then I glanced at your placements by season and :staredog::stare::dogstare:, your LSL success is like if the '97-'02 Wings took two years to retool before going on a '84-'88 Oilers run, or something similarly bonkers. :worship:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Oh, good luck to Pieper's Popsicles in the DLML btw! Should be a battle to the last game if folks perform within their expected range.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Dodged the Silovs bullet and got a Mark Jankowski SHG instead.

e: Into an empty net, to boot

e2: Man, Rittich lost his shutout with 2 minutes left. Might need a SO or SHP to realistically pull this off, since Kalen has the tiebreaker.

:ohdear:

Yesterday was a very weird day, with tons of areas north of Montréal losing power for 12-24 hours due to a big April snowstorm. Neglecting to charge my phone and laptop the prior evening made everything even more awkward, heh.

Thank god Jankowski managed that shorty, he'd been a bust of a pick-up otherwise this past week.

Definitely going to come down to Sunday's games! :suspense:

Win or lose, it's been a fun season and exciting playoffs & finals. Good luck once more, Gobias. :gonchar:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Same to you!

With the tiebreaker in hand and more man games remaining I think you've got to be favoured at this point. My boys have some work to do.

E: Good call benching your goalies, was really hoping you wouldn't. Things looked promising with Andersen giving up 3 in the first 10 minutes yesterday and then Boston couldn't beat him the rest of the way. :sigh:

One of the first things I saw yesterday after getting power back was Andersen giving up 3 in under 10 minutes and drat did that suck. Couldn't risk starting Lyon against the Rangers, would've been 'fool me twice...' hubris.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Between some scratches due to illness/injury, and a woeful week of goaltending, things aren't looking good for the Zarley Zalapski Zealots in the Denis Lemieux Memorial League finals. :smithcloud: Pieper's Popsicles are cold as ice in the clutch, heh.

Ah well, every league that expands (if you view DLML as a quasi-expansion of the LSL) needs their own version of the St. Louis Blues to accumulate runner-up trophies in the early years. :yaycloud:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

fancy stats posted:

in a true microcosm of my season, i sabotaged myself with some truly awful galaxy-brained goaltending decisions

Guess who elected to drop Varlamov in DLML in a (poorly) calculated expectation that the goalie stats were unattainable and it needed to be all-in on the 6 skater stats.

:eng99:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Welp, no shutout in LSL. Likeliest outcome looks like a 7-7 tie that goes to Kalen on the tiebreaker unless I can scrape out a shorthanded point.

I'll walk backwards into hell if benching the goalies today costs my team this match-up lol.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Great match Pieper's Popsicles, congrats on a superb year in the DLML, hope I get a chance to win a re-match next time around. :hellyeah:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Hate to lose on a tiebreaker (and also an empty net SHG) but congrats Kalen! Came right down to the end.

I think that makes 4 2nd place LSL finishes for me.

Thanks Gobias! I was nervous after botching several transactions and Andersen's shutout from the bench, so I'll accept a tie-breaker win as a validation of my 'use all the transactions, every week, all year long, roster over 100 different players' strategy. :pusheen: Your season was incredible though, sorry it had to come down to a fluke SHG, especially after that 15-0 final week of the regular season (although I guess Seed wouldn't have changed anything perhaps?).

How many 1st-place finishes though, like 6 or something? 2019-20, 20-21, and 22-23 were all yours, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Gobias Ind. posted:

Nah the tiebreaker was regular season head to head, so you beat me fair and square. I was just feeling salty last night haha
The flukiness of SHP is what makes it an interesting stat to include. You win some, you lose some.

I finished 2nd in 2012-2013, 2017-2018, 2018-2019, and now 2023-2024
And I won in 2013-2014, 2019-2020, 2020-2021, and 2022-2023
So 4 of each now.

I've managed to make the finals in 8 of the 14 seasons all-time and 6 of the last 7 years so I've got nothing to complain about. I really enjoy this league and scouring the most barren waiver wire I've ever seen.

:yeah: to both the bolded bits

T-Bone, can I get put on the HHL wait list, and I'll check back in again come September please?