Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

pwn posted:

And like we saw so often during the pandemic, the seams of television production are laid bare. Caroline Polachek, who was supposed to perform on tonight's Late Show, actually taped the performance earlier. Since tonight's show got canned they just put it up on Youtube. It could have been edited into the rerun for all I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UsIcDivsls

That sucks, I was wondering why that was the only new video in the feed. And it's a surprise new song premiere too. She deserves better, though I suppose she's doing well for herself anyway.

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I had to look her up, having never heard of her, and I thought to myself that I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if she was a member of Knower. That song on Colbert has big "Skip the Shower, gently caress the Makeup" energy.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I had to look her up, having never heard of her, and I thought to myself that I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever if she was a member of Knower. That song on Colbert has big "Skip the Shower, gently caress the Makeup" energy.

You should go check out her latest album right now, it came out near the beginning of 2023 and it remains the best of the year for me. (And honestly a lot better than this new song which apparently was cut from the album, which was a good decision as it would've been the obvious weak spot.) I had never heard of her before this year either.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

pwn posted:

Colbert's canceled tonight, I'm guessing he's too sick to even do it from home

https://twitter.com/colbertlateshow/status/1714345688815804680

My aunt had it last week and it laid her up for a few days. She was fortunate enough to get good medicine. Tonight is rerun of Fetterman ep from last Wednesday, tomorrow is still scheduled to be new but I would be surprised if the show comes back this week.

I wanted to be surprised :(

https://twitter.com/colbertlateshow/status/1714707330346975351

Sweet basket from Fallon though.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Jon Stewart’s show was renewed, but it’s now cancelled due to… China?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/19/business/media/jon-stewart-the-problem-ends.html

quote:

But Mr. Stewart and Apple executives had disagreements over some of the topics and guests on “The Problem,” two of the people said. Mr. Stewart told members of his staff on Thursday that potential show topics related to China and artificial intelligence were causing concern among Apple executives, a person with knowledge of the meeting said. As the 2024 presidential campaign begins to heat up, there was potential for further creative disagreements, one of the people said.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I don't always like the guy, but that's hosed. That's completely hosed.

Why would you hire Jon Stewart and the get mad when he Jon Stewarts?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The Problem is a pretty good show

pwn
May 27, 2004

Colbert is officially back this week! Comparing to the canceled shows from last week: Talking Heads, originally scheduled last Wednesday, will be here this Wednesday, but Mae Martin follows in place of Daniel Caesar; Tuesday will see the official airing of the performance Caroline Polachek taped a few weeks ago and that was supposed to air last Tuesday, but Rachel Maddow will have to plug her book another time, as Jim Gaffigan sits in the chair; and we still have last Thursday's lead guests this Thursday, Keegan-Michael and Elle Key, but sadly no Jon Batiste to close out the week, instead another John, the legendary spooky director John Carpenter, has the honours, which makes sense as it's that time of year. Hopefully Jon is rescheduled soon. To kick off the week tonight, the stars of the new revival of Merrily We Roll Along, Daniel Radcliffe, Jonathan Groff, and Lindsay Mendez, with music from Arlo Parks.

Over on ABC, Kimmel's got talk and music with Olivia Rodrigo on Tuesday, as well as real funny guy Eric Andre; comedy icons Tiffany Haddish and Jeff Ross on Thursday with music from Tate McRae; and Wednesday we get movie stars promoting a movie! The stars of an indie rom com, What Happens Later (from Bleeker Street), Meg Ryan and David Duchovny, and we also sit down with Joe Walsh (no music though). Tonight we have football goofs Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long, The Daily Show's Ronny Chieng, and music from Brothers Osborne.

At the birthplace of late night, NBC, Fallon starts the week off with the new Elvis, star of the Sofia Coppola biopic Priscilla (released by A24, who are not part of the AMPTP), Jacob Elordi, along with the Knicks' power forward (is that like a power bottom?) Julius Randle, and stand-up from Leslie Liao; on Tuesday, crooner Josh Groban, pranker John Stamos, and singer Tyla; Wednesday Cameron Diaz stops by for... reasons? along with NPR's Guy Raz and a performance from Eslabon Armado. The back half of the week is still being sorted out but there's Tim Grover (who?) and performances from Jorja Smith and Depeche Mode.

And in studio 8G, this week Seth welcomes: Broadway stars! Dicks: The Musical stars Aaron Jackson and Josh Sharp on Monday and Gutenberg! The Musical! star Andrew Rannels Tuesday; Authors! Mitt Romney biographer McKay Coppins Thursday and Jesmyn Ward Tuesday; Competitors in Late Night Talk and Variety! John Oliver tonight, this week's SNL host Nate Bargatze tomorrow; That One Weird Trick Seth's Been Doing Where He Promotes a Struck Studio's Project by Having the Producer or Director On! Fisher Stevens, director of Netflix's doc Beckham, on Wednesday, along with actor-cum-podcaster Alison Williams; and, inexplicably, Morgan Freeman on Thursday? Promoting his Netflix show Life on Our Planet? Which is somehow OK? Is Freeman not in SAG-AFTRA?

Finally, over in the closet on 11th avenue where they tape The Daily Show, Desus Nice guest hosts all week, and like last week, they're still wrangling guests, but as it's taped already, we know who's on tonight: AOC!

There, an actual effortpost, proving I can do it with enough free time, which I don't usually have.

Schedule for the week starting 2023.10.23
Subject and likely to change

Colbert
Monday - Daniel Radcliffe, Jonathan Groff, and Lindsay Mendez, Arlo Parks
Tuesday - Jim Gaffigan, Caroline Polachek
Wednesday - Talking Heads, Mae Martin
Thursday - Keegan-Michael Key and Elle Key, John Carpenter

Kimmel
Monday - Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long, Ronny Chieng, Brothers Osborne
Tuesday - Olivia Rodrigo, Eric Andre
Wednesday - Meg Ryan and David Duchovny, Joe Walsh
Thursday - Tiffany Haddish, Jeff Ross, Tate McRae

Fallon
Monday - Jacob Elordi, Julius Randle, Leslie Liao
Tuesday - Josh Groban, John Stamos, Tyla
Wednesday - Cameron Diaz, Guy Raz, Eslabon Armado feat. Gabito Ballesteros
Thursday - TBA, Tim Grover, Jorja Smith
Friday - TBA, TBA, Depeche Mode

Seth
Monday - John Oliver, Aaron Jackson and Josh Sharp
Tuesday - Nate Bargatze, Andrew Rannells, Jesmyn Ward
Wednesday - Allison Williams, Fisher Stevens
Thursday - Morgan Freeman, McKay Coppins

TDS with Desus Nice
Monday - Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Tuesday - TBA
Wednesday - TBA
Thursday - TBA

pwn fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 24, 2023

pwn
May 27, 2004

And there's weeks like this where I'm way too busy!

Schedule for the week starting 2023.10.30

Colbert
Monday - Henry Winkler, Melissa Etheridge
Tuesday - John Dickerson, Alex Newell
Wednesday - Rep. Adam Kinzinger, Willie Nelson
Thursday - Pete Buttigieg, Willie Nelson

Kimmel
Monday - Sean "Diddy" Combs, Pete Holmes, Jessie Murph and Jelly Roll
Tuesday - Marisa Tomei, John Wilson, Madison Beer
Wednesday - Octavia Spencer, Mike Birbiglia, Devon Gilfillian
Thursday - Mariah Carey, Alex Edelman, Allison Russell

Fallon
Monday - Michael Shannon, Annaleigh Ashford, Jesus Trejo
Tuesday - Alex Cooper, TBA, Depeche Mode
Wednesday - Sylvester Stallone, Jack Antonoff, Bleachers
Thursday - Sheryl Crow, Cailee Spaeny
Friday - TBA, Bobby Flay, TBA

Seth
Monday - David Duchovny, Reneé Rapp, Reneé Rapp
Tuesday - Meg Ryan, Kaitlan Collins, Sarah Cooper
Wednesday - TBA, Brendan Hunt
Thursday - Austin Johnson, TBA

TDS with Charlamagne Tha God
Monday - Rep. Nancy Mace
Tuesday - TBA
Wednesday - TBA
Thursday - TBA

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Taylor Tomlinson to host 'After Midnight' in 2024

I hope this does well, she's fantastic.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Going from James Corden hosting to Taylor hosting is like going from getting kicked in the nuts 5 times a week to sitting down and watching a funny late night show 5 times a week

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I’m gonna watch that show for her. Assuming I remember.

Charlamagne really making a GOP week on Daily Show. It weird.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri1aHO9GYxo

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is there a reason why it's not called The Late Late Show? Is it a Worldwide Pants thing?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Maybe but also LLS not a great name

pwn
May 27, 2004

CBS owns the LLS name. They just hate continuity I guess.

See also: The dozen or so different names their morning news program has had over the decades

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

whydirt posted:

Maybe but also LLS not a great name

"After Midnight" is a name that I won't be getting mixed up with any other late show title.

Late show
Late late show (no longer but it's still a name)
Tonight show
Late night

Am I missing any? Even though it's still referring to how drat late it's being broadcast, I still prefer After Midnight to any of those.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Because when you call it After Midnight you can get Chappell Roan to be the house band gay pop music lady

https://youtu.be/-KE8NmtTlPk?si=VVol7SIDmp1avi8I

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

Is there a reason why it's not called The Late Late Show? Is it a Worldwide Pants thing?

Most likely, coupled with Taylor's show apparently being produced by Funny Or Die and patterned explicitly on @Midnight.

pwn
May 27, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I’m gonna watch that show for her. Assuming I remember.

Charlamagne really making a GOP week on Daily Show. It weird.

This nikki haley thing from wednesday, jesus.

Letting her do it remotely
Taping it separate from the actual show's taping
20 minutes.
Of softballs.
"Why don't you get into the identity politics game" is some real poo poo, good god.

It's like a sponsored segment.

Edit: I suspect i'm watching an extended web version (TRT 32:26), but still.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Colbert having his first week of (scheduled) reruns since the strike ended, everyone else new this week. The PDD guys are on Fallon and Seth, the Pod Save America knobs are on Kimmel, and Comedy Central has made the depressingly-predictable choice to bring back Sarah Silverman, in spite of her recent posts about the current Palestinian genocide. Maybe best to sit this one out.

Schedule for the week starting 2023.11.06

Colbert
Reruns

Kimmel
Monday - Magic Johnson, Chef José Andrés, Jordan Davis
Tuesday - Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Dan Pfeiffer, and Tommy Vietor, Saint Harison
Wednesday - Blake Shelton, Luke Grimes, Jelly Roll
Thursday - Daniel Ricciardo, Lauren Daigle

Fallon
Monday - Jung Cook, Ben Marshall, John Higgins, and Martin Herlihy, Jung Kook
Tuesday - Brian Cox, Maren Morris, Maren Morris feat. Mickey Guyton & Brittney Spencer
Wednesday - John Oliver, Matt Rife, Black Pumas
Thursday - Jared Leto, AJR
Friday - Eric Idle, Rick Ross and Meek Mill

Seth
Monday - Jennifer Hudson, Matt Rogers
Tuesday - Rachel Maddow, Jeff Tweedy, Ms. Pat
Wednesday - Leslie Jones, Judd Apatow, Rett Madison
Thursday - Hilary Duff, Ben Marshall, John Higgins, and Martin Herlihy

TDS with Sarah Silverman
Monday - Joel Madden
Tuesday - TBA
Wednesday - TBA
Thursday - TBA

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I saw Taylor Tomlinson on her latest stand-up comedy tour. Definitely has the skills to host something like this.

Not entirely sure how the end project will work, but honestly happy they're experimenting a bit

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Did Seth have a show last night? Was it just interviews and then clips from older shows? I usually go to YouTube and check stuff out the next day, and it's not like they just didn't upload anything; it's about 4-5 25-minute-long compilations of the 'Best of' things up there as the latest uploads.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Did Seth have a show last night? Was it just interviews and then clips from older shows? I usually go to YouTube and check stuff out the next day, and it's not like they just didn't upload anything; it's about 4-5 25-minute-long compilations of the 'Best of' things up there as the latest uploads.

Here they are, friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na8tL0Sq-rU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNnyTqae-zM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReM24RrC_fk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CknzQcJb_Fk

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
They went and made everything since he came back after the strike unavailable in Canada :sigh:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Boxturret posted:

They went and made everything since he came back after the strike unavailable in Canada :sigh:

Well, I've been watching them the day after. Only today was different. And yes, I'm in :canada:

Also, pwn, all of those clips show that the uploader made them unavailable in my country. Welp. That loving sucks.

Edit: ohhh I see what you mean, Boxturret; that they just recently went and made it all restricted. I understand. THAT really sucks.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 8, 2023

pwn
May 27, 2004

The actors' strike is over, and this is the first full week of late night with stars promoting shows and movies again since May 1. I hope musicians and authors and unknown comedians enjoyed their six weeks in the spotlight, because that poo poo's over. Fallon was almost getting good by mid-week last week, between not having a bunch of actor guests and 1/3 of The Roots being guest musicians for Tuesday and Wednesday, he was doing other poo poo to fill time. It was nice hearing different music, too. That ended Thursday though and it's back to business as usual. He does have Cat Power tonight, I do enjoy her. Meanwhile Kimmel's doing double guests nearly all week, starting tonight with Nick Offerman and Seth Rogen. And on CBS, Colbert's kicking the week off with a pretaped interview with Barbra Streisand (pity the poor bastards who attended tonight's taping, they had to spend half the show watching monitors). Tomorrow he's finally getting the last guest from his canceled week, Rachel Maddow. And of course, Wednesday we have Paul Giamatti. I have my Paul Giamonies ready

Do you?

And the Daily Show has Leslie Jones back hosting, at least she gets the full four days this time (back in January there was no Monday show and she did just three nights). CC still isn't announcing guests, I'm about done attempting to list the show, feels useless if they can't even be arsed to do it themselves.

Schedule for the week starting 2023.11.13

Colbert
Monday - Barbra Steisand
Tuesday - Rachel Maddow, Gracie Abrams
Wednesday - Paul Giamatti, Tom Blyth
Thursday - Jonathan Karl, Maria Bamford

Kimmel
Monday - Paul Dano, Nick Offerman and Seth Rogen, 2 Chainz and Lil Wayne
Tuesday - Kurt Russell and Wyatt Russell, Juno Temple, d4vd
Wednesday - Julianne Moore, Glenn Howerton, The Hives
Thursday - Emma Stone and Nathan Fielder, Paul Mescal, Laufey

Fallon
Monday - Dwayne Johnson, Colman Domingo, Cat Power
Tuesday - Viola Davis, Jeff Probst, Robert Glasper feat. SiR and Alex Isley
Wednesday - Taika Waititi, Rachel Zegler, Tariq Trotter, Chef Tim Hollingsworth
Thursday - Jason Momoa, Elizabeth Debicki, Drew and Jonathan Scott, Thumpasaurus
Friday - Scarlett Johansson, Hunter Schafer, Tina Friml

Seth
Monday - Awkwafina, Micaela Diamond, Teddy Swims
Tuesday - Ed Helms, Eve Hewson
Wednesday - Ariana DeBose, Iman Vellani
Thursday - Chris Tucker, Paul Dano

TDS with Leslie Jones
Monday - TBA!
Tuesday - TBA!
Wednesday - TBA!
Thursday - TBA!

pwn
May 27, 2004

Bit light this week, what with the holiday and all. Colbert doing Mon-Wed, and the big man is back! David Letterman returns to the Ed Sullivan Theater for the first time since May 20 2015. Man. Been waiting a long time... what's left after this? Colbert's also got Peter Dinklage and Joe Andres. Kimmel's off, so check that poo poo out. And on NBC, Fallon's got Kenan and Kel and Cher, and Seth wraps up the week with the 10th annual Meyers Family Thanksgiving show. Happy turkey week everybody!

Schedule for the week starting 2023.11.20

Colbert
Monday - David Letterman, The National
Tuesday - Bradley Cooper, José Andrés
Wednesday - Peter Dinklage, Tig Notaro
Thursday - Rerun

Kimmel
Monday - Adam Sandler, Henry Winkler
Tuesday - Will Arnett, Lamorne Morris, Alec Benjamin
Wednesday - Rerun
Thursday - Rerun

Fallon
Monday - Sterling K. Brown, Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Pierce Bush, Davido
Tuesday - Tim Allen, Jenna Lyons, Derrick Stroup
Wednesday - Kenan Thompson & Kel Mitchell, Joel Kinnaman, Mario Carbone
Thursday - Cher, Mike Birbiglia, Offset
Friday - Rerun

Seth
Monday - Wanda Sykes, Taran Killam
Tuesday - Gayle King, Brian Cox, Da’Vine Joy Randolph
Wednesday - Paul Giamatti, Andrew Moskos and Pep Rosenfeld
Thursday - The Meyers Family

TDS with The Correspondents
Monday - Guest Host Dulce Sloan
Tuesday - Guest Host Ronnie Chieng
Wednesday - Guest Host Desi Lydic and Jordan Klepper
Thursday - Rerun

pwn fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 22, 2023

pwn
May 27, 2004

Hey! I made a mistake! Well, I've made many mistakes, but relevant to this thread, I said Kimmel was reruns all week. He isn't! He was new last night with Adam Sandler and Henry Winkler, and tonight he has Will Arnett, Lamore Morris, Alec Benjamin, and a special appearance from Melissa McCarthy, with reruns the rest of the week (for real this time). I have updated the listings. Apologies for the error most grievous!

pwn
May 27, 2004

Everybody is off digesting this week, but since Kimmel got an early start on Thanksgiving he's able to come back and do shows. Tonight he has Jimmy Fallon... as musical guest with Meghan Trainor, doing their autotuned Christmas song. And Wednesday he has Eddie Murphy! Great week. And over at the Daily Show, Michelle Wolf guest hosts!

Schedule for the week starting 2023.11.27

Kimmel
Monday - Jeremy Allen White, Michael Irvin, Jimmy Fallon and Meghan Trainor
Tuesday - Jon Hamm, Carrie Coon, Dogstar
Wednesday - Eddie Murphy, Teyana Taylor, Mitch Rowland
Thursday - Sarah Silverman, Dwight Yoakam

TDS with Michelle Wolf

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Colbert is doing more than digesting. He has surgery for a ruptured appendix and had to cancel shows.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

Colbert is doing more than digesting. He has surgery for a ruptured appendix and had to cancel shows.

Oh poo poo

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1729330805997006929?s=46&t=t8CFjI5-v0IxaoLh38KSzw

Edit: Lol he posted about it on obscure social media platform Threads

Nothing on Twitter where I usually check.

pwn fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 28, 2023

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

just popping in to say that i went to the daily show a couple weeks ago. it was fun. if you like the daily show or late night talk shows in general, i recommend it

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Threads is the Facebook version of Twitter I think. People are getting sick of Musk. Not that Zuck is much better.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Honestly, going to any late night taping is a fun time. Friend and I went to a Leno taping (before he kicked out Conan) and had a blast. Leno riffed with the crowd before the show and was hysterical. Then he went up on stage and delivered his canned monologue with zero energy.

When I worked nights I also went to @midnight tapings frequently. was a great way to see comedians for free, and sometimes they'd film for a straight hour and edit down to the 20 minute episode.

If you have the opportunity I definitely recommend.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
You have to give pwn some grace, they still care about late night TV so they obviously don't know what the kids are into these days

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh I know what threads is, i just never go look at it because it's threads

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Everyone should see Threads (1984)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Steve Vader posted:

Threads is the Facebook version of Twitter I think. People are getting sick of Musk. Not that Zuck is much better.
Despite the fact that we all already hated Twitter, hate him, and hate everything he's done to it, Twitter has only lost around 5% of users since Musk bought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LividLiquid posted:

Despite the fact that we all already hated Twitter, hate him, and hate everything he's done to it, Twitter has only lost around 5% of users since Musk bought it.

Still hemorrhaging money, though.