Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

They've fixed the pacing problems and found their groove and After Midnight is now a breezy enjoyable show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I liked it with the pacing problems and was enjoying the work-in-progress aspect a ton, but yeah it's definitely free into itself now. Really helps they just get funny people I'd be happy to watch be funny doing anything, but I also like the format itself.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Khanstant posted:

I liked it with the pacing problems and was enjoying the work-in-progress aspect a ton, but yeah it's definitely free into itself now. Really helps they just get funny people I'd be happy to watch be funny doing anything, but I also like the format itself.

It's also fun when it goes off the rails. The recent episode where Adam Pally refused to accept the premise of the title and made that his entire personality turned out amazing.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Yeah, I've been watching the youtube playlists pretty regularly, they're fun background noise.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Conan O'Brien Must Go finally premieres on MAX on April 18.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I wonder if they’ll do a laugh track because the Clueless Gamer clips online where there’s no laugh track really don’t work for me.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Vegetable posted:

I wonder if they’ll do a laugh track because the Clueless Gamer clips online where there’s no laugh track really don’t work for me.

Same! Such a weird vibe and i have no idea

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

It’s rare that a host straight up loses their composure laughing while on stage

https://youtu.be/934jCf5NUYo?si=3R7w4czU5qqyuEil

Sklar bros still got it

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Always liked the Sklarbro Country podcast, my first exposure to James Adomian's pitch perfect Jesse Ventura impression.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

DC Murderverse posted:

It’s rare that a host straight up loses their composure laughing while on stage

https://youtu.be/934jCf5NUYo?si=3R7w4czU5qqyuEil

Sklar bros still got it

God drat the comments on that video, they give simps a bad name

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

God drat the comments on that video, they give simps a bad name

They’re doing gods work, if they don’t comment, After Midnight will get cancelled and Taylor will be back to making awful-looking cakes on no sleep out of pure mental illness

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I just assume they're bots. Anytime a big media company has a youtube channel and posts official stuff like this, within 15 minutes there are hundreds of these kinds of posts. SNL is the worst. They also tend to follow you are far more than any other channel. If I click on some rando's video essay about a game I'll get a few recommendations for other videos they've made. But if I click on an SNL clip or At Midnight or god forbid something like Colbert or Kimmel, they're going to fill up half my recommendations for days. The first thing probably leads to the second thing.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Your mistake was clicking on an SNL clip

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The thing there is volume. SNL posts multiple videos a week during the season. Said rando video essayist probably posts 3 videos a year.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Conan's making a lot of publicity for the Without Borders hbo release, and now the algo is pushing this instructional video of "how to do late night carpool segments correctly"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRA4T7xiON8

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The official channel has never posted that video I think. If I recall correctly, it has a few jokes about creeping on the female employee that haven’t aged well.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Vegetable posted:

The official channel has never posted that video I think. If I recall correctly, it has a few jokes about creeping on the female employee that haven’t aged well.

Not on her alone, seeing it earlier. Did I forget something maybe? It has Conan conanly portraying Pierre as a deviant though

E. Oh. I remembered it as being sketching everyone, not only her. You were right

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 20, 2024

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Anna Sawai was on Colbert and holy poo poo, I haven't been so instantly smitten with someone in a long time. I think it's because the stuff I've seen her in all has her acting super serious all the time, so seeing her actual personality be upbeat just... god drat, I don't even know where I was going with any of this, but I didn't know where else to :swoon: like an idiot except this thread.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Apparently tonight Weird Al and Drew Carey are gonna be on After Midnight*

According to last night's clip posted on youtube.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, OP, are you not posting schedules anymore?

Also, did both Seth and Stephen's shows just not out up any content on youtube so far this week, or did they once again mess it up for :canada:?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 24, 2024

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I think he quit after some posters jumped down his throat about something I can't remember and implied he was a lovely person or a Nazi or something. Hasn't posted since.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html

This site has been going for years, think it covers all the ones people watch?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Not sure there’s a thread for it, but Conan’s new travel show is out. Only four episodes. Some parts are better than the others but it’s mostly quite good. I think the Bangkok one is probably best.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Steve Vader posted:

I think he quit after some posters jumped down his throat about something I can't remember and implied he was a lovely person or a Nazi or something. Hasn't posted since.

He got jumped on for his full-throated support of noted piece of human garbage James Corden.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELXfFPGMkrw

After Midnight was fun last night.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I always get a kick out of Drew Carey going blue, I think it's because of his sitcom/whose line and now the price is right where he's squeaky clean for grandmas

He knows the audience for After Midnight!

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
It ruled that he just went for it.

Lennon's bit afterward asking if they were really just going to go back to doing normal bits like that didn't happen sealed it :).

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
They kept Drew Carey's talk show portion but cut Weird Al.

The rational part of my brain realizes this was because Carey's was so interwoven into the rest of the show they had no choice, but I like to imagine that out of the two , Al's was worst so they had to cut it, even though I doubt he'd ever do that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

counterfeitsaint posted:

They kept Drew Carey's talk show portion but cut Weird Al.

The rational part of my brain realizes this was because Carey's was so interwoven into the rest of the show they had no choice, but I like to imagine that out of the two , Al's was worst so they had to cut it, even though I doubt he'd ever do that.

Weird Al's talk show portion was in the full episode. His question was, "Would you rather be smoking hot or super comfortable?" and he riffed on how he's always been super comfortable being smoking hot.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Al just seemed a little too wholesome for what the show was going for that episode.

And if anyone is interested in the uncensored version of Drew's speech, it's the same thing he was tweeting during the concert. The "Is this what loving a pussy is like?" Line certainly restoked the rumors about his sexuality.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 25, 2024

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Al just seemed a little too wholesome for what the show was going for that episode.

And if anyone is interested in the uncensored version of Drew's speech, it's the same thing he was tweeting during the concert. The "Is this what loving a pussy is like?" Line certainly restoked the rumors about his sexuality.

https://x.com/DrewFromTV/status/1782359014292213832
https://x.com/DrewFromTV/status/1782375094402392383

That's...a little different than what he was tweeting, though. Seems more likely the uncensored version was, "Is this what it's like to cum with a pussy?" like that second tweet.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 25, 2024

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I think that means "as if he had a pussy," not that he's never banged one before. I may be wrong.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Steve Vader posted:

I think that means "as if he had a pussy," not that he's never banged one before. I may be wrong.

Yeah exactly. So I don't think it should start any rumors about his sexuality.

(This discussion sure feels weird.)

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It's an interesting call to take the two biggest names you've gotten on the show so far and have them share an episode, especially since they're so different. I guess they didn't want one episode completely dominated by Weird Al and another one completely dominated by Drew Carey, and were hoping the two could balance each other out. I'm not sure it worked.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

It could also just be scheduling?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Narcissus1916 posted:

It could also just be scheduling?

This seems pretty likely. I'm sure those sorts of shows are just happy to get a big name to come in on what ever date they can make it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

scheduling and offer-trading is a big part of any show that has guests on. one fun example of this is in the podcast world, where you can clearly see deals like two shows doing a swap where one of the regulars from each show goes to be a guest on the other show

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Anyone who enjoyed Dr. Arroyo tending to Conan during the hot wings thing, he's done a check up with Conan to make sure everything is ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPOtNYfhsN0

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

counterfeitsaint posted:

Anyone who enjoyed Dr. Arroyo tending to Conan during the hot wings thing, he's done a check up with Conan to make sure everything is ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPOtNYfhsN0

This was amazing (and also got me to finally watch that Hot Ones video, which lived up to the hype). I totally recognize that guy from various Late Night stuff and it speaks volumes to Conan that he still has all these random bit players in his orbit, ready to do bits with him even when they're not actively working together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sir Lemming posted:

This was amazing (and also got me to finally watch that Hot Ones video, which lived up to the hype). I totally recognize that guy from various Late Night stuff and it speaks volumes to Conan that he still has all these random bit players in his orbit, ready to do bits with him even when they're not actively working together.

I think the only person to work with Conan for an extended period of time who wouldn't immediately take a bullet for him is Max Weinberg.