Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Scrambled Egg Sunday (2013)

This is just Bill Hader and Elisabeth Moss arguing in a kitchen for 90 minutes and if you look up the date on the wall calendar it doesn't even take place on a Sunday. I don't get it.

The Ghosts of Burktonville (1998)

Huge disappointment that there are no ghosts in this, just a dramatization of a legal case about a mine collapse. I fell asleep in the middle. Vincent D'Onofrio yelling at Jeremy Irons during the climax woke me up but otherwise a waste of time.

The Dust Jacket Diaries (2003)

Ashley Judd trying to pass down life lessons to her daughter before she dies or gets a divorce or something like that. Boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Realizing that Joker's message was "Thomas Wayne deserved to get got" was funny because it felt entirely unintentional.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Sourdough Sam posted:

I really didn't like this movie, but the idea of the sequel being a musical is at least intriguing. Maybe they'll rip off Norman Jewison or Bob Fosse this time.

They've named dropped Coppola's One From the Heart

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Crash (2004) was one of the first movies to make me see the value of time in how said time can be squandered. Hours closer to death and nothing to be gained from that time lost.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Most boring pointless movie : Midsommar

Just a violent boring miserable slog of a movie.

No.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
The Reckonings (2004)

I’m a sucker for found footage, but they don’t even get out of the car until the 115-minute mark. Pointless!

Gerby’s Big Book Adventure (2000)

Gerby is a name for a gerbil, not an anthropomorphic library book. This isn’t even a movie; it’s a 20-minute TV pilot, so they never get to the castle and the narrator just describes it. Pointless!

National Lampoon’s Van Wilder’s Alma Mater (2010)

I understand that they couldn’t Reynolds back, but the lookalikes they found instead are distracting. I think the title is supposed to be a sex pun? It doesn’t work!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Gerby did somehow manage to fit in that terrifying bit with the undead librarian that I'm pretty sure gave kids nightmares, though.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Leave the World Behind is almost as boring as an Obama speech of similar length.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

From what I hear it's at least somewhat interesting as a view of what liberal Qanon looks like.

im hitler
Feb 5, 2024

by Athanatos
Green lantern movie. My dad and I fell asleep watching it when I was a kid. I bought it for him recently as kind of a joke. He watched it alone and told me later that he fell asleep again.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

National Lampoon’s Van Wilder’s Alma Mater (2010)

I understand that they couldn’t Reynolds back, but the lookalikes they found instead are distracting. I think the title is supposed to be a sex pun? It doesn’t work!

Yeah, it was no Rise of Taj

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

Rise of Skywalker is up there. Just the most pointless lazy drivel ever conceived at that kind of scale.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Hitch (2005) is a living nightmare.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I think it might be Killer Klowns from Outer Space. I know it has its fans, but most of it feels like a series of vignettes with zero sense of tension or scale. The whole film has the sense of "they'll watch any old poo poo" rather than having any sense of passion or joy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s full of passion and joy

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

CelticPredator posted:

It’s full of passion and joy

It just really missed for me, like one of those "lol, random" Sci-Fi Channel films like "arms shark" or something.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

sean10mm posted:

Hitch (2005) is a living nightmare.

Entirely too attractive a cast to be at the bottom

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

This is petty, but Hellboy (2019). I saw it pop up on streaming and started watching, assuming it was the 2004 Del Toro movie with Ron Perlman that I remembered enjoying a fair bit. After a very confusing 10 minutes I eventually realised that it was in fact a completely different movie that I had entirely forgotten even existed.

The movie taken by itself is kinda whatever and would be an unremarkable 6/10 were it not for the existence of the 2004 movie. It's not exactly a remake, but it does cover several of the same story beats and characters, and just does everything worse. The costumes bad, the sets are bad, the acting is... alright I guess, but good luck following up after Perlman. They tried to spruce it up with some modern VFX, which are unsurprisingly also bad. It's just made completely redundant by a movie that came out 15 years earlier.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Scooby-Doo and The Return of The Phantom Big Bopper (2012)

Bills itself as the long awaited direct follow up to A Pup Named Scooby-Doo but contains so many continuity errors and contradiction to the lore as to be an insult to fans. Watching this was a waste of an evening and it would be to any true Scoob-head!

Return to Gilligan's Island (1993)

This NBC made for TV movie is a dramatization of the harrowing production of the cancelled 1982 movie, The Son of Gilligan's Island. This was produced and co-written by Bob Denver himself and seems to have just been made to try and rewrite history to present a version of events where he somehow wasn't responsible for the terrible incident that halted production. The movie tries to shift all the blame onto Alan Hale Jr. (portrayed here by Brian Dennehy) and it was all in pretty poor taste if you ask me!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Wait did Scoob and the gang really have to solve a mystery about a ghost that goes around singing Chantilly Lace?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Wait did Scoob and the gang really have to solve a mystery about a ghost that goes around singing Chantilly Lace?

They needed to help him solve his murder at the hands of Ritichie Valens.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Disco Pope posted:

I think it might be Killer Klowns from Outer Space. I know it has its fans, but most of it feels like a series of vignettes with zero sense of tension or scale. The whole film has the sense of "they'll watch any old poo poo" rather than having any sense of passion or joy.

I don't know about boring or pointless, it's just that the point was "really fantastic monster design by the chiodo brothers" but the movie itself sucks rear end

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Lions for Lambs (2007) felt more like a pilot episode for a television series than an actual movie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Flying Zamboni posted:

Return to Gilligan's Island (1993)

This NBC made for TV movie is a dramatization of the harrowing production of the cancelled 1982 movie, The Son of Gilligan's Island. This was produced and co-written by Bob Denver himself and seems to have just been made to try and rewrite history to present a version of events where he somehow wasn't responsible for the terrible incident that halted production. The movie tries to shift all the blame onto Alan Hale Jr. (portrayed here by Brian Dennehy) and it was all in pretty poor taste if you ask me!

Is there a good place to read/watch about what happened on the production?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Dawgstar posted:

Is there a good place to read/watch about what happened on the production?

this isn’t real

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edward Mass posted:

this isn’t real

The Christians were right. We live in a broken world.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I AM GRANDO posted:

They needed to help him solve his murder at the hands of Ritichie Valens.

At least the end was a fitting tie-in to how his death had been faked as cover for joining the Guild of Calamitous Intent.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

I don't know about boring or pointless, it's just that the point was "really fantastic monster design by the chiodo brothers" but the movie itself sucks rear end

Someone pointed out, probably somewhere on SA, that the clown designs were reused for Ernest Scared Stupid's trolls, which is why so many of us were utterly traumatized by that movie.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Famethrowa posted:

Also major earworm of a theme song by The Dickies

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Narzack posted:

Someone pointed out, probably somewhere on SA, that the clown designs were reused for Ernest Scared Stupid's trolls, which is why so many of us were utterly traumatized by that movie.

Tell me about it, I always keep authentic Bulgarian miak next to my bed in case of emergencies.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

Cacator posted:

Tell me about it, I always keep authentic Bulgarian miak next to my bed in case of emergencies.

*weird troll ear tentacles extrude*

But for realsies, that movie scared the poo poo out of me so badly that I had nightmares for literal months.

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Only God Forgives.

I got conned by a well edited trailer into thinking that movie would be a decent crime thriller. Watched it with my friends and they absolutely hated me afterwards.

Some pretty shots though

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Crash (2004) was one of the first movies to make me see the value of time in how said time can be squandered. Hours closer to death and nothing to be gained from that time lost.

No.

I had memory holed that movie. Contrived nonsense the whole way through.

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

ghouldaddy07 posted:

I got conned by a well edited trailer into thinking that movie would be a decent crime thriller. Watched it with my friends and they absolutely hated me afterwards.

Some pretty shots though
I completely agree. After Drive I had such high hopes for this movie but it was absolute garbage.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
The Dead Don't Die might have the best cast in an absolute dog poo poo movie.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

ghouldaddy07 posted:

Some pretty shots though

You shouldn't have told them you made it

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Narzack posted:

That's apparently been debunked, I can definitely see similarities, but the effects crew claim they maybe reused pieces like ears at most. The only source I can find is a Wikipedia reference for a Zoom Q&A though.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

The Dead Don't Die might have the best cast in an absolute dog poo poo movie.

I mean, Pottersville is up there.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Nightmare Cinema posted:

I like this movie because it shares a name with a Croenenberg-helmed psychosexual drama starring James Spader and Holly Hunter, which you'll appreciate even more after seeing this piece of crap.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

Disco Pope posted:

That's apparently been debunked, I can definitely see similarities, but the effects crew claim they maybe reused pieces like ears at most. The only source I can find is a Wikipedia reference for a Zoom Q&A though.

Oh, wow. Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Narzack posted:

Oh, wow. Good to know.

Pinch of salt and all that - they look strikingly similar to me.