Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

The Rangers goal song is a bunch of Irish Italian Neanderthals from the tri state area yelling "woah" and "hey" and no one gets mad about it, have some pride!

I get mad about it

AsInHowe posted:

It's awful, annoying, and is an awful choice. Should've gone with Jack White, Eminem is awful vibes all around.

It's awesome and perfect, and they used Jack White before ("battle cry" I believe). you're missing the point if you just pick a good song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

it's only interference if you use your hands :colbert:

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

aejix posted:

Just in case anyone missed it, ludicrous save from Demko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAY0r7YLkZg

ludicrous indeed. I'm not sick in the head enough to watch Vancouver vs. Philadelphia, so thank you for posting that

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Gonz posted:

Alex DeBrincat is….

*reads notes*

cool…

…and…..

*reads other side of first note*

….good.

We're just four games into the season, so it's silly to get too excited about (flips the table) LEAGUE POINTS LEADER ALEX DEBRINCAT AND THE #1 POWER PLAY

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

This would be cool if they spent more time actually showing loving hockey instead of jacking off about how interesting they are.

ed: I guess it's because it switched over to the network at 8

BRAKE FOR MOOSE fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 25, 2023

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Pinto gets a bigger punishment than the Blackhawks

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

https://twitter.com/hailey_salvian/status/1717568812629828024

This is very lame across the board and my enthusiasm is dampened if I have to support the Boston Wicked instead of the Boston Pride

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Arivia posted:

Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Leaf

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Pittsburgh and Buffalo aren't that bad; Detroit, Philadelphia, and Columbus aren't that good.

Who knows about the Sens and Caps, they've both looked genuinely dire at moments. The Sens look decent on advanced stats so they just need to reel in their collapses.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 27, 2023

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Eric the Mauve posted:

At this point they should be doing everything they can to get Celebrini. Which the way things are going just means stay the course, no changes! They're going to give the Sharks a top 3 pick next year, that's inevitable now, so they might as well get all the way in the tank now.

There is no possible way of doing that without trading Crosby and Malkin. You're a fringe playoff team that's had a bad start, not a dumpster fire. The top six will drag you to 80+ points.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

fisting by many posted:

I cannot imagine being one of the last remaining NHLers to hold out on wearing a helmet (IIRC there was a grandfather clause when they were made mandatory and it'd be like 12 years before the last helmetless player retired)

And we saw the effects of it firsthand with the Edmonton Oilers from 2000-09

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Calgary's situation has me very excited for the future of the Maple Leafs

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Zesty posted:

lol Sharks, what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/Macusian12345/status/1720297601470234693

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Twin Cinema posted:

The Sharks are really gunning for the worst post-lockout team. Hell, gunning for the worst team ever.

Who can even compete on the worst post-lockout team? The worst Sabres, Avs, Coyotes, and Red Wings teams were really terrible to watch but didn't look like this.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Eric the Mauve posted:

Cross checking a guy hard who is lying prone on the ice, :wtc: He should be suspended for a year. Why do we wait until someone gets his neck broken and then suspend a thug for a year?

I'm sure he regrets falling on him and using his stick as a landing point.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

The Sens were a rebuilding team and shouldn't have been expected to perform better than they have up to this season. But now it's time to shut the gently caress up and win some games. What loser energy all around

Edit:

lol

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

You only have optimism about Ned because you haven't had to watch him play. I love the guy but if you're concerned about your goalie having the yips, Ned sure isn't a solution there.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Levitate posted:

Detroit looks pants on head bad in their own end but they can certainly find ways to score goals in bursts

That was not normal. I hope it doesn't become normal. The Red Wings looked horrible tonight. They've had defensive problems but that was a whole new level of garbage.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

drake no: studs up slide tackle
drake yes: blade up slide tackle

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

th3t00t posted:

This confirms that the NHL is the dumbest league in history. How are they this dumb?

For curiosity's sake, I timed how long after each player had last touched the puck before they were hit. Used the stop watch feature on my phone, so this is super scientific and accurate. :science:

2 samples each
Hughes 1.96, 2.16 seconds
Kaberele 1.11, 1.28 seconds

I'd say after not touching the puck for 1 second you're no longer in possession, and even that feels long. But the NHL surely knows better by leaving possession as is.

Can you imagine a defensive lineman blowing up a quarterback a full 2 seconds after a throw and it being legal? LMAO

1-2 seconds is an eternity in professional sports.

sitting there with a stopwatch is kind of missing the point that it is a dumb play to coast into the boards and dare your opponent to guess whether you will or will not play the puck. it was certainly boarding, calling it interference because someone decided to put on the brakes instead of touch the puck doesn't happen in any league.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

th3t00t posted:

You think it's not interference to hit a guy a full 2 seconds after he last touched the puck? How late does a hit have to be for it to be interference for you?

nah, what I mean is that nothing Hughes did before heading towards the end boards actually affects that call -- they'd call it the same way even if he'd never had possession, because they consider him a legal target when a puck battle is imminent between two players racing for the puck. can you find that exception written in the rulebook? nope. but it's not just an NHL thing, it's pretty uniform.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

They called a delay of game for puck over the glass on Gudbranson because he shot it over the glass right as the 2nd period ended. Everyone left the ice without another play and they updated during the intermission report that it was a penalty.

It's even more beautiful than an offsides review.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Woodcroft didn't tell the goalies to stop more pucks. Will Knoblauch tell the goalies to stop more pucks?

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

taco show posted:

They trademarked six mediocre names but haven’t officially announced them: Toronto Torch, New York Sound, Montreal Echo, Minnesota Superior, Ottawa Alert, and Boston Wicked

Like, would love actual professional women’s hockey but this is not off to a great start.

and the rumor is that the New York Sound are playing in Connecticut and the Boston Wicked are set to play in... Lowell.

I was one of the roughly 400 adults who attended a Pride game and I am certainly not driving to loving Lowell for this.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

https://twitter.com/TheChargingBUF/status/1724585125717987468?t=cGFC6P2TADmvgM3ktWFHSg&s=19

That’s the collision they mean, I don’t see how he’d get an upper body cut from that.

that's the injury he returned from, cut on his ankle

the "upper body injury" is this shot block off his hand later in the game

https://twitter.com/SabresPlays/status/1724601414469464387

rough night

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

what kind of poo poo rear end goalie ducks out of the way on a shot

just leave him in Sweden

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Is it really that much harder to get to Sweden than the Sens' rink?

Takes about as much time to get home

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Friedman too, so I guess it's happening.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1729487009465389462

Please just don't be a nightmare contract. If he's capable of skating to like a David Perron level, he's still an improvement on our top 6. If he's not, we can LTIR it and be fine.

[ed:] Rumor it's a 1-year deal. AAV doesn't matter for this season. Honestly, it's as safe a gamble as you can get. Too bad he's a poo poo person.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

https://twitter.com/thepwhlofficial/status/1729551248389537869?t=9VUvY7QCpnaMC9aSwWc5cA&s=19

PWHL officially announces the home openers and confirms that the New York City team is actually playing in Bridgeport and the Boston team is actually playing in Lowell.

Pretty disappointed about Lowell, it'll be impossible for me to make it to weeknight games. Bridgeport is just hilarious for a nominally "New York" team, nobody from NYC is ever going to go to those games.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Pleads posted:

fuckin lmao at jack defending that lovely board by mcavoy

frederic def lost that fight but he did well for himself coming back to his feet after what seemed like the early KO

gently caress boston

I watched it on mute but he came to a stop and turned to face the boards when McAvoy was already at the goal line, so that probably only gets called because of what had happened previously

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Patrick Kane is also going to make his debut tonight. It’d be a shame if he got hurt immediately. Or scored two goals on his hometown team. Really his existence is shameful.

No he isn't? He's been traveling with the team so he can get practice reps but won't be playing

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Koopa Kid posted:

Two shorties on the same PP huh

and the second was a 2 on 0. great stuff. fantastic team defense.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

ZombieApostate posted:

It looks to me like it was Kelly who did the actual murdering. Joseph shoves Larkin's head (very close to a crosscheck if it wasn't one), then Kelly comes in from the other side and puts a fist right into Larkin's chin.

Either way, ridiculous that neither Kelly nor Joseph seem to have been ejected.

Kelly was just coming in to clear him out and ended up catching him in the head as he went down, his hands were low and that's just bad luck. I dunno if Larkin was unconscious before or after the contact with Kelly but I don't really blame him much for it.

Joseph, on the other hand, punched him in the back of the head or jaw and is the same dude who did this, in the first game Larkin was back after Jamie Benn took him out for months with a cross-check to the neck:

https://twitter.com/SensProspects/status/1733653990594818551

But yeah, great look to give out a couple roughing penalties for knocking someone unconscious with a hit to the head.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Hmm. I've been watching a lot of Red Wings players hit the boards face first this season, so I think I understand what is and is not a penalty. It's an unfortunate mistake that they called a misconduct on that hockey play. I hope the league offers an apology to Pasta.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Eric the Mauve posted:

Kane is really loving bad. 4 points (2 of them 2nd assists) in 7 games with a fully earned -7. Still has puck skills but cannot change direction at all. It's a pleasure to watch since he's such an rear end in a top hat. But do the Wings really need to keep playing this guy's corpse 20 minutes a night?

yeah, who are the alternatives? a floaty guy with no transition game and poor defense but sick playmaking in front of the net is a substantial improvement in our top 6

anyway, the real problem isn't his play specifically, but that he brought a curse upon this team and we absolutely suck rear end right now

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

1) get with the program, Seattle
2) shouldn't the Leafs be on Leafs fans' most hated teams

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Jhet posted:

I feel like there's a lot of recency bias in there.

A huge amount. Ottawa is definitely the team that annoys me the most at this very moment, but that's entirely because of the past two seasons. There's no way they're above Chicago, Toronto, or Colorado over the long term.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

So what numbers exactly am I supposed to look at that say Patrick Kane is cooked cause I can't find outside of his GA/60 but he's at 50% on ice goals while his xGA is about the best he's had and he's starting less in the ozone than he has in forever as well.

Like id love for him to suck cause gently caress him but also the numbers don't say that from what I can see.

He's been obviously one of the best players on the team since he signed, people just haven't watched the games and want Kane to be trash. Team xGA is abysmal with or without Kane. Unfortunately it is the rest of the Red Wings that have been awful, we've had injuries and suspensions and underperforming forwards and Jeff Petry.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

reminder that most of PAS was melting down about how Jarry was below league average and completely finished at the beginning of November

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Bedard has a broken jaw from the hit last night:

https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/status/1743686490037588057