Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

It's wild to me that Rangers fans can cheer on Trouba as their captain but also explode into rage over Sebastian Aho: Notorious Hockey Goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Matt Zerella posted:

You can say whatever you want about Jake, idc, but Aho was a little bitch last night when Laf and a few others went after him for that hit.

Aho's missed several games already this year for "upper body injury," and I'm guessing that he's okay with the Internet thinking he's a little bitch for not letting the Rags try to aggravate whatever he's got going on just to blow off a little steam.

Noesen got over there pretty quick and is always ready to go, but apparently only beating on our biggest player would do.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

He's definitely more likely to fight if you keep calling him chicken.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

WeaponX posted:

He reads this thread?? But you said he wasn’t a goon!

The Canes hired some goons over the summer who will totally pass it on. Their job is to bust heads and read SA to SA.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Nybble posted:

https://x.com/Canes/status/1768440351923077200?s=20

brings a tear to my eye, glad to see Kuzy land somewhere good

I was at the game tonight, and the whole goddamn area erupted for his goal. Then again when the announcer mentioned it was his first with the Canes.

Carolina might be a bunch of jerks, but the fans like our group.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

How does Guentzel look?
I see he got an assist

Love and miss my goofy boy

He's looking great, pretty sure he's hit the post in both his first games. They have him on a line with Kuzy and Necas for now, and they seem to be clicking for guys who hardly know each other. Necas has had some struggles this year because he gets a little too fancy at times, so shaking things up a little could be good for him, too.

I'd expect to see Guentzel playing with Aho and Teravainen soon.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Aphrodite posted:

More likely they hid the names because some Islanders fans are scum.

Some Islanders fans thought Canes Twitter was too mean last night, so they doxxed a staffer that they thought made the posts. They were supposedly trying to start a rumor that she'd slept with a player.

The Canes VP of Marketing said nobody was getting fired over a few "soft fans" and that they'd removed some names from the website to protect staff. And apparently the woman getting harassed wasn't even the person tweeting yesterday.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Pesce is also who that announcer was talking about. He's probably going to be getting a lot more money next year from someone other than Carolina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Levitate posted:

Rod is also at the end of his contract and if they dont' win the cup I wonder if they let him walk

Rod isn't going anywhere. The last time his contact was up, he waited to sign until the team had taken care of his staff first, so this is probably just that again. The GM announced back around the trade deadline that they'd basically agreed on terms already.