Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I've binged the manga, considered the webnovel but decided to wait for the manga to get there. I am ENJOYING the anime but I think they could up the pace a little bit,

I am a huge fan of our friendly shoot first, ask questions later archer newbie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Watching the show in English as well now that there are dubs, its hitting pretty good in English

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

This manga series is very good and the animation is top-notch. I love the way that this VRMMO anime actually treats things like an MMO and they analyze things in gaming terms. Emul is the best mascot character I've seen in a long time. I also appreciate that this is a power fantasy VRMMO series that isn't horny and filled with fanservice.

The power fantasy isn't even "I have god tier cheats" Its "I'm just good at video games, playing the video games by the video game rules and having fun."

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

the absolutely INTENSE desire from Animalia, it's loving perfect

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Latest episode is absolutely loving lit.

Also I stan for Mia and drawing her bow at other players.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Exceptionally lewd 100% NSFW episode of SLF. protect your children/Emul

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

latest episode is up,

Mia Still pointing the bow, still absolutely perfect EVERY TIME

Ending of the episode is even better.

we 100% a horror anime now.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Nov 19, 2023

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Great episode, it was absolutely fantastic.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

amigolupus posted:

I love Sunraku having such gamer brainrot that he overthinks a simple friend request to be something much more sinister. He's such a goon, it's great. :allears:

In this case he is justified, he got access to very very valuable information about the game that high ranking people DO in fact want. For different reasons, Animalia just wants dat bunny, but others do want what he's got and he knows it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So are we looking at Weatherman fight episode 15 maybe?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I think the unrealistic part is that this would result in anything other than "just being worse than other players," especially for a popular game with a huge player-base.

This sort of conceit actually makes more sense in "isekai to a game-like world" stories, since in that setting it can at least make sense for the protagonist to have such a radically different mindset from the "natives" that it gives them an advantage (and the "game" in question is also often literally designed by a god, so there's no need for realistic development limitations).

Except Sunraku is as has been mentioned at the level of a professional video game player, thats What Katzo is and they are roughly peers in terms of skill. If we allow for "vr technology that lets your in game body move like a regular body" Which is a part of this setting overall, then movement and reflexes would be transferable.

Also he has done some reading and fact checking since he searched up the rabituza scenario so Sunraku has been getting information... he just skipped the very basic stuff that nobody talks about because "everyone knows this"

Also likely, though he won't get it, there is some reward for like maxing your level but never combining skills to appeal to hardcore type people.

Also for some real world experience... My wife got me into playing WoW, she has played since like Vanilla, I got in, skipped the tutorial stuff, and immediately started doing better than she was because simply I was able to "click" with the flow of gameplay better and apply some trial and error. She's still rather salty about it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Doodles posted:

Elke is so sweet, she'll sell you the clothes off her back. Wait, reverse that. She'll sell you your own clothes. And tell you it's on a discount. Loved it when Sunraku started imitating her speech patterns.

So now we have
Emul
Vysache
PEATZ
Beelach
and Elke.

We still haven't met the king(?) of Rabituza. I wonder if that will be this season?

I think Vysache is currently in charge... but not by choice as he was originally the smith/playboy

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

I love how they're managing to keep up with the series' humor during this battle.

Best part of it really, this is also exactly what a bunch of gamers who are good friends would be doing to each other as they fight a raid boss. Ribbing each other on the dumb poo poo they are doing while still taking the actual fight seriously.

The pacing for the fight is also holding up decently

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Glazius posted:

Who among us has not pointed a boss the wrong way and felt like poo poo?

The documentary at the end was maybe one of the best minis they've done, too.

Of course I know that person, it's me. I pointed the bosses cone the wrong way and filled the arena with bad.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Glazius posted:

Because you're limited per type in how many revival items you can carry.

She literally says "And this is the absolute maximum number of revives we can possibly have."

Also for describing boss stuff... you can describe something as much as you want, even show videos, it won't fully click until someone actually experiences it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Episode hit the right beats pretty good.

I liked the stuff for the big move

Also all the ghost poo poo going off on Wethermon that you would 100% get in a final phase boss in a real mmo hits just right and sells it visibly

Though since SLF in the story goes big on the realism, couldn't they just like cut Kirin's power cables when it tries to transfer power for the laser hand? I noticed the obvious telegraph that pencil missed and thought about it.

But also Lol at it spinning up Katzo and then slamming his rear end into the dirt

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Taima posted:

lmao I cannot loving believe that we are still technically fighting this dude through to next week

This is a FOUR episode fight. That is approaching the length of an actual movie just fighting one dude.

Though, to be fair the narrative structure dictates that the fight will be over near the beginning of next episode (likely involving the pendant saving Sunraku from death) and then we'll probably get most or all of the aftermath then.

I honestly can't decide if this is epic or the biggest episode pad in modern history. I love the show, and am trending towards it being Epic, but I kind of feel like the animation and dynamics in this fight should be a level or 2 higher considering that this is basically a movie, feature-length encounter. It's fine though, and the episode went very quick and was super fun.

It is possible that JJK has made my expectations for battles way too high.

I'm mostly trending that way too- I think it's going to be really awesome when the show can be binged. I'm just amazed we're a month into this fight.

Actually more because of the break, like 5 or 6 weeks? lol

Is this anime 24 episodes in this cour/season?

If you notice the ID fragment actually caused him to switch to secret hard mode. This is now an achievement run done on maximum difficulty. Probably without it he would have just timed out and collapsed or something, but the ID fragment has caused his spirit to awaken and now you actually have to kill his rear end

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Good poo poo this episode,

Him repeating that line after each time he does his ultimate is perfect raid boss stuff

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

sharkmafia posted:

lmao yeah she's so loving weird

i think considering this was apparently a very drawn-out boss fight in the manga as well, they did a good job keeping it exciting and keeping things moving. ive been consistently impressed at how SLF has managed to take some, on the face of it, very standard and boring setpieces and make them interesting. it feels like this show should be bad, but it isn't

The pacing was honestly impressive, not to short given the level of the enemy in weight of the story, not overly drawn out either. Given that Kirin was effectively a second major battle, 4 episodes was a very good amount and really showed off Wethermon's move's in the detail that those attacks needed.

Also if they ever do a SLF themed battler game, Wethermon needs to be a secret character in it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

sharkmafia posted:

Yeah, i will say that I was very impressed with the... shot transitions, in particular? There were some very creative ones, like pencilgon kicking the imagined sunraku in the face to get him off the screen. I agree that the art direction in this particular episode had a lot of extra effort thrown into it- as you might expect for the climax episode of this big boss fight, but still, they did a good job.

The imagined sunraku mocking them if they caused a wipe was in the manga,

And it is exactly true to real life.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Well well well

If it isn't the consequences of Orcelott's actions

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The loot will be addressed coming up

and it is indeed PHAT

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Lamebot posted:

Very generous of him not to start playing with the breaker panel after what his sister pulled.

He would like to remain alive in real life I think

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

Finally some loot.

Also an S-tier episode for dumb faces.

Indeed The Dev's are dumb stupid idiots and I love them both, and the poor poor pr guy who they keep beating

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

pork never goes bad posted:

I think Shanfro gets gaming culture and gamers pretty well and most creative decisions reflect that, but some choices like not exploring every path in a conversation tree or not immediately checking loot aren't realistic at all. It's not the author not getting it - rather it's them making some compromises in order to tell a good story. Info dumping about Bahamut right now when it'll take a while for the characters to actually progress to that point would be really clunky in the story. If you contrast the compromises with realism that this makes vs, for example, Bofuri, I definitely think that Shanfro has the better approach. But when I saw the scene I immediately thought, "argh, why didn't he ask about Bahamut??!"

I mean they were going to check the loot, then the big world notification popped up and they had to go deal with things, and then you know they were exhausted and wanted to get to a save point and rest/lock their poo poo down.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Taima posted:

People exist who have played mmo games, so this reads as immediately unrealistic. You kill a boss mob of this almost unprecedented magnitude, you are checking the loot an attosecond later, period.

Anyways can I ask a manga question? I’m at the part where he cops gilta brille and Sunraku says he doesn’t have the level to use it, then the very next chapter he… uses it? What am I missing here?

The missing stat is like the hp stat which is granted by armor. So he... buys the waist armor he was showing off so he has enough to use it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The side stories mostly end up being important.

Like Rust girl is the in for the next unique Sunraku is going to be facing with, highly important actually.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I think the second season is going to be heavily focused on two things

Lycagon rematch and the tourney

This means that I think Ctarrnid will be season 3?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

SlowBloke posted:

I didn't say the end of the fight, just that the event would be a nice cutoff point. There are still three episode to fill for this season and I remember only grind/filler inbetween weathemon and lycagon 2 that could be done swiftly. A second season would have to include the lycagon fight and the tournament, which would be doable with the same number of episodes of s1, but no way in hell to get to ctarnid in without cutting the two main arcs.

Ctarnid would be a good season 3

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I'm all for the upcoming shenanigans Sunraku is going to go through with the area you shouldn't adventure in.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

mikeycp posted:

i'm gonna miss this show so much :(

There is a manga you can read along with.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Sunraku... is in danger, the sexy kind of danger, but danger none the less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I genuinely appreciate that the art never gets horny nor is there a token pervert. It’s almost weirdly sexless for a modern battle shonen, but I’m actually finding that refreshing.

Rei is right there being hella horny for our MC and you just ignore her.