Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
The Best Worst Person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Happy Birdday

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Your reminder to watch the minis at the end of episodes, because Pencilgon is great.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Doodles posted:

Elke is so sweet, she'll sell you the clothes off her back. Wait, reverse that. She'll sell you your own clothes. And tell you it's on a discount. Loved it when Sunraku started imitating her speech patterns.

So now we have
Emul
Vysache
PEATZ
Beelach
and Elke.

We still haven't met the king(?) of Rabituza. I wonder if that will be this season?

Pretty sure that's just Vysache.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Yeah, I feel like the move would be to use the half rez items first when you know each hit is a OHKO
Since Wethermon's final(?) phase isn't necessarily totally understood, he might have some smaller attacks or an aura effect or something where being at max HP could be useful.

This is the episode where I finally clicked "Oh, WEATHERmon I get it."

Worth noting that virtually every other medium calls him Wezaemon.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

cant cook creole bream posted:

Those stupid idiot developers are great.
They were legitimately anticipating that people would battle this secret superboss for the next decade without making any headway and only progress the game's story line once that is finished. I think it's a complete coincidence that this game turned out great, rather than being a complete trash game. Or maybe it's just the good PR?

To be fair the only people fighting it were a collection of dumbasses who had no interest in actually killing it, and were actively keeping it a secret, besides Pencilgon.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

sharkmafia posted:

Frankly the devs were rather underestimating the playerbase if they thought nobody would discover weathermon's hidden area and eventually kill him. There are plenty of people who spend their time specifically looking for that kind of thing. It's been a while since I've played wow, but as i recall there were a whole series of secret puzzle quests with very specific conditions and the vaguest possible hints, and people figured them all out.

The devs underestimating players in that way does fit their established personalities, though

I think you're misunderstanding the problem. They knew Ashura Kai had the hidden area. Ashura Kai had a vested interest in making sure no one else found out. So the real problem was that they didn't expect Ashura Kai to ever try to kill him, and, well, besides Pencilgon being the best, they were right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

SlowBloke posted:

Lycagon rematch is likely the end of the season, tournament will be next season if it ever gets greenlit.

Impossible. Just actually straight up impossible. Getting to the Lycagon rematch from here is almost literally as long as the entire show thus far. For Manga reference, Lycagon rematch starts in chapter 83. And it doesn't even end until 94. We're at the end of chapter 49 at the end of this episode.

The absolute latest I can imagine it going to is the gold scorpion fight, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended with the big clan meeting or getting the magic visor thing

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 3, 2024