Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The small slices we see of the other trash games is really good and sells the whole idea of Sunraku's character.

doomrider7 posted:

I 100% agree and I think it's an overall issue with the "greater fandom" where a series has to have "tension, stakes, drama, etc" for it to be good or worthy of existing instead of just being cool or relaxing stuff with little in the way of those things.

Another thing that makes SLF so refreshing is how there's no harem bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I busted out laughing during the forums segment and how accurate it was. It even had people who were all "Can we PLEASE add this info to the faqs in the OP?" as well as someone who said, "y'all, posting someone's pics here without permission is a bannable offense. Lurk more before posting, dummy."

Wanna know more about Curry Jones.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Pencilgon and the others' shenanigans in Unite Rounds sounds like a goon project to troll an MMO. :allears:

I also love how Sunraku and Pencilgon trash-talk each other the second they meet in SLF, as close friends do. It's stuff like this that makes it seem like the author has a lot of experience playing games with friends online.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

cant cook creole bream posted:

The reveal that he stubbornly bashed his head against the poopbird 115 times was really funny.

Some real good Sunraku faces this episode. I love how by the end, he was completely brainblasted but insisting he's got the Download Complete bit that FGC players like to joke about.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I appreciate Sunraku's bit of self-reflection in this episode. Just playing trash games may have honed his reaction time and focus to a crazy degree, but it's also made him a bit complacent about taking losses when faced with a true challenge because he knows he'd just respawn from a checkpoint anyway.

And I dunno why Sunraku's so mad about not getting loot from this quest. The rabbit choker giving him several levels with 2.5x stat points earned is the best treasure to be had. :v:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I love Sunraku having such gamer brainrot that he overthinks a simple friend request to be something much more sinister. He's such a goon, it's great. :allears:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The dynamic between Sunraku, Pencilgon and Oicazzo is amazing. The casual level of trolling and poo poo-talking between friends is the most realistic part of this show.

Though I'm sad that the SLF Theater didn't go into what the dating sim was like. The game wanting you to micromanage every second you spend with the datable characters or else they'd all pack their bags to study how to make pizzas in Italy sounds like an amazing trainwreck.

Glazius posted:

Sunraku Don't Skip The Tutorial Challenge (difficulty: impossible)

The whole skill linking thing reminds me of how Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep had a similar mechanic. A lot of manga that takes place in a video game always feels like the writers never played a drat game in their lives, so details like that makes SLF stand out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Another detail I liked was how Cazzo used Repel Counter, a skill that Sunraku also has. It's a nice reminder that this is still an MMO and how players with different builds can still find themselves having a thing in common.