Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

lmao yeah she's so loving weird

i think considering this was apparently a very drawn-out boss fight in the manga as well, they did a good job keeping it exciting and keeping things moving. ive been consistently impressed at how SLF has managed to take some, on the face of it, very standard and boring setpieces and make them interesting. it feels like this show should be bad, but it isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Yeah, i will say that I was very impressed with the... shot transitions, in particular? There were some very creative ones, like pencilgon kicking the imagined sunraku in the face to get him off the screen. I agree that the art direction in this particular episode had a lot of extra effort thrown into it- as you might expect for the climax episode of this big boss fight, but still, they did a good job.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

devs getting mad that their special mary sue boss got killed by players was absolutely a thing that happened in old MMOs

i wouldnt be surprised if it happened here too, SLF seems like that kind of game

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

As it turns out, yeah, weathermon was a dev's pet mary sue boss and she's very upset that he got killed

fortunately the other dumbass dev is keeping her in check so sunraku's probably not going to get GM-killed for this

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Frankly the devs were rather underestimating the playerbase if they thought nobody would discover weathermon's hidden area and eventually kill him. There are plenty of people who spend their time specifically looking for that kind of thing. It's been a while since I've played wow, but as i recall there were a whole series of secret puzzle quests with very specific conditions and the vaguest possible hints, and people figured them all out.

The devs underestimating players in that way does fit their established personalities, though

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

given how it was hyping up lycagon i would expect it to end with that fight although that's farther than i expected it to get, but i suppose they do have four more episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

yeah actually the part i mentioned is way later than i remember it being, no chance unless they greatly modify the story

i guess we'll see