Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They kicked every player on the ice out of the FLA/OTT game and any more penalties are getting 10s now. There’s a chance this game won’t hit the 0:00 because there’ll be nobody left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dr Zaius posted:

I turned the Leafs game off immediately after the shootout loss and now I'm seeing they won???

They said Erod double tapped the puck on his goal and called it back.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

rex rabidorum vires posted:

This is a weirdly physical game.

That’s Panthers hockey now, whether we start it or not. Likely to get worse (better) as it goes along.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

shitbird physical teams can be fun to watch but it always ends with their stars getting concussed as part of "fair turnabout"
it's just never worth it

Please do not call Nick Cousins a star. The only people happier than non-Panthers fans that he’s out are Panthers fans.

Feel worse for Lockwood, I don’t think there was genuine intent there but he had to answer to the hit, and oof that didn’t end well for him.

Quality bust up at the beginning of the Coyotes/Panthers game tho, felt like playoff series game 4 stuff where everyone is ready to kill each other.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dunno if it got replayed on the Pens stream fully, but they committed 3 minors in the space of about 5 seconds ha.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Koopa Kid posted:

Bennett is a piece of poo poo

He does have a superhuman ability to always pick a terrible time to do this poo poo.

Anyway game falling apart, zero surprise.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

For a good chunk of this season we’ve had better offense on our PK than our PP, so this might be the plan.

Damnit it’s 2am and I didn’t even mean to tune into the whole game, but I feel like it’s gonna be a late one.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

fermun posted:

idk if it's ESPN+ or Altitude, but I always enjoy when they forget to go to commercial or don't go right away and you hear some behind-the-scenes talk

Back years ago, one of NFLs backend services for Gamepass or similar was worked out - if you knew the algorithm you’d know the direct URL for every game that was going to be played, so you didn’t have to deal with pirate feeds you could just watch it from the source. Even better was you’d get a bunch of footage before the game as they tested the graphics, camera sweeps etc.

Reminds me of years ago when they’d bounce programming around satellites and people who knew the coordinates could jump on and grab clear copies from these ‘wild feeds’, so you could get episodes of The Simpsons a day early, or more fun - copies of WWE events with an hour of extra stuff. Commentary test runs, dark matches etc. Fun times.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

God they’re only just stopped crying over that, please don’t remind them.

The fanbase that keeps on giving, they were all talking back in January how they’d be furious at Matthew Tkachuk and would trade him if he was a Leaf.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

why must the Panthers be such unceasing shitheads

Because it’s fun.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

didn't seem like much for them when their leading scorer had to sit out a must-win cup final game with a broken sternum

that's what "playing physical" invites on your team
it doesn't set a tone, it just gives nothing players on the other team free reign to wreck your good players

3 games from winning the whole thing vs barely cracking the playoffs when we had just skilled players and no toughness. If they thought it was the wrong path to go down last year, they’re showing it in a funny way.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Yeah fantastic grit to go from .900 to .915 goaltending.

In the time it took you to post that, we scored twice.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'll eat my crow if they end up going the distance but tough-guy teams just haven't since like 2011
it's chasing a dead trend

I don’t think anyone in the fanbase really thinks we’re some kind of powerhouse team that will be the new Bolts or something, but we want consistent playoff appearances and having fun along the way. We’ll see how conditioning is in the push this year and take it from there, but I don’t think they’re forgoing talent for going too hard on hits (hell it’s really only one or two players that relish that, and one of those people is hated by the fanbase anyway) and I think so far tonight is a pretty good example of the team right now.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sorry if me having fun that we scored twice in a 30 second period against a team you don’t want to win hurt your feelings somehow.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think that’s a bit unfair, the Staals were shitheads and we’re glad to see them both gone, but they weren’t the first nor last to get pissy about the jerseys and the rest of the team happily wore theirs and the org as a whole has always, and continues to push, Pride night. Other teams cancelled their night outright last season. I know a fair amount of LGBTQ Panthers fans and they’re vocal when unhappy, and none of them seem to have an issue with our org in this aspect.

The NHL can brunt the full weight of that stupid decision by themselves.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It would’ve been more fun with both teams injury free for sure, but good to see some actual fight from the Panthers tonight. I had my best seats ever on Thursday for them and got to witness the only game I’ve ever been to where they were booed off the ice, and I’ve sat through bad games before.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Knight2m posted:

Philly is ahead with 87 points, but they only have 1 more game. Caps, Red Wings and Pens still have 2 other games after today.

Delay the real playoffs and have a mini tournament between all these teams while everyone else heals up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

E: more other thread appropriate.