Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

builds character posted:

:words:

Thank you very much! This was wonderful and I really appreciate it.

Glad it got there on time. The WD40 stick seems odd, but they come in super handy. I tried to edit the .stl file of the DeWalt brackets to add a bit of meatimp flare, but my Fusion360 game is super weak. :( I was hoping the brackets would work out for your storage / organization plans. The ceramic works well for bieks, too. And ammo cans are just freakin' handy. Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Samefull double post. Yet, here we are.

A strange box appeared on the meatpimp porch... what could it be?

First look... I see candy and lumens. I like where this is headed.

Inside a flexible parts/bit holder was a box, inside the box:

Is that an E30 M3 Hot Wheels car? :stare: WITH actual shelf dust under the wing, showing that it is a well-loved treasure? :neckbeard:
And... parts... with a pcb... and a jeep body. I dunno, but I'll be looking into it!

Then big things slide out of the box:

Nice work light and a 10 way 10mm socket gangbang? Oh yeah.

What's this? This isn't junk, it's a Case rear light (or at least that's my guess. From the vampire taps on the back, it's seem some love over the years.

The whole haul:

Gonna try the die grinder as soon as I get back in the garage. It makes compression sounds when I spin the shaft, could it be a working classic tool?

Also lots of candy, with a good bit of sour stuff, just like me. Awwwwww....

Thank you, Mr. Spazzz, a beautiful bounty of treasures and candy. But no dicks... that I've found so far.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Yay it arrived! Enjoy the completely random nature of stuff, did the note fall out?

Caterham tail light
c90adventures mini-jeep - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbtQ-CH-r5Q
E30 M3 model lived in the ashtray of the M3 for years
random assortment of candy and HF goodies

no hidden dicks

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Oh, if you're not familiar with the C90 Adventures mini jeep, you're in for a treat, it's a delightfully stupid endeavour.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

meatpimp posted:

Glad it got there on time. The WD40 stick seems odd, but they come in super handy. I tried to edit the .stl file of the DeWalt brackets to add a bit of meatimp flare, but my Fusion360 game is super weak. :( I was hoping the brackets would work out for your storage / organization plans. The ceramic works well for bieks, too. And ammo cans are just freakin' handy. Enjoy!

Yeah, it’s one of those very clever things that I never would have thought about. I’m definitely guilty of absurd overspray and then being annoyed at the stupid thing I literally just did.

I’m going to try using the brackets to mount the tools on the van walls so they’re definitely great. Even if they don’t have secret hidden dicks all over.

I need to wait a bit for the weather for the ceramic but yeah was thinking about that during new plastics day.

And I think the ammo can is going to become my apartment toolbox. Perfect size.

Just an excellent haul, thank you.

And my package went out (late, sorry!) today. Santee you should be getting it tomorrow.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
A package has arrived! Numerous gently used parts from VWs (mostly) and at least one Kia, a book, towels, coozie, air freshener, an empty tequila bottle, and 10mm sockets! Thanks Santa! But......I have no idea who you are!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Another day, another AppScript misfire. I *tried* to only send the reminders to people who haven't confirmed yet, but I fear it went out to everyone, or at least to some people that have confirmed. So, if you have already confirmed with me, thanks! If you haven't, DO IT.

FAKE EDIT: I think I figured out how I hosed up my testing, the script uses the active spreadsheet and active sheet for its data, I was switched to the fake sheet for testing but I had clicked on a cell in the real sheet which made that one the live one.

Big Taint fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 19, 2023

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Someone is getting extra dongs this year.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Big Taint posted:

Another day, another AppScript misfire. I *tried* to only send the reminders to people who haven't confirmed yet, but I fear it went out to everyone, or at least to some people that have confirmed. So, if you have already confirmed with me, thanks! If you haven't, DO IT.

FAKE EDIT: I think I figured out how I hosed up my testing, the script uses the active spreadsheet and active sheet for its data, I was switched to the fake sheet for testing but I had clicked on a cell in the real sheet which made that one the live one.

I thought I should have checked this thread before responding to your email. Please enjoy my "PER MY LAST MESSAGE" energy

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Big Taint posted:

This is extra funny because I literally handed my Santee their gift and watched them open the box.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Mine was just delivered. SANTEE GO OUTSIDE AND OPEN THE PACKAGE!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I gotted a box. Photos when I can get a chance.

I'm shippin' a box, too.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Mustache Ride posted:

Package sent on the last day! I didn't forget!

I’ll vouch for you.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

I thought I should have checked this thread before responding to your email. Please enjoy my "PER MY LAST MESSAGE" energy

I deserve all the Secret Karen responses that I get.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Love you, Big Taint

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Safety Dance posted:

Same, Santa; same

Big Taint posted:

This is why I hate Excel with the fiery burning passion of a thousand suns.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 19, 2023

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Advent Horizon posted:

I’ll vouch for you.

Oh good, thank you. Post office said to me "Alaska? You'll be lucky if it gets there before the Superbowl" but it looks like it'll get there on Friday. :shrug:

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

I guessed right! :v:

We’re headed out of town Saturday morning so hopefully it gets here by Friday.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

builds character posted:

Mine was just delivered. SANTEE GO OUTSIDE AND OPEN THE PACKAGE!

My wife & I were out & about.

Lo! There stands a box! Encased in tape! With dicks!

Opening & photos to follow. The cats know something's up.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Wiggles posted:

A package has arrived! Numerous gently used parts from VWs (mostly) and at least one Kia, a book, towels, coozie, air freshener, an empty tequila bottle, and 10mm sockets! Thanks Santa! But......I have no idea who you are!

That was me. I found the note I'd written for the package under my driver's seat this morning so whoops

Had a lot of fun digging through the scrap bin at my mechanics for all of that.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I received a package Saturday and opened it Sunday, sorry this is late! My life is living chaos! Same goes for my Santee, but that was finally shipped today, you should have it this weekend.

A nice note from one of AI's finest former mods.

A new fidget spinner, the smallest hotwheel I've ever seen, and some very nice local cooking things, my fiancé really likes flavored olive oils, so she's excited about that, and I think I'll use the BBQ sauce on a huge batch of pulled pork for New Year's, plus wall candy for whenever I build a real garage.

And three great books! I already started reading Moonshot when I got a few minutes to myself this weekend.

Thanks IOwnCalculus! that's an awesome assortment!

The Linux Fairy
Apr 7, 2005

With just some glitter and a wink, your data will be turned into a 40GB looping .gif of penguins fucking.

Don't sleep on Kranz's memoir. It's good stuff.

Santa, I promise I will open and photograph your box soon. I have been slammed with work stuff.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Elviscat posted:

I received a package Saturday and opened it Sunday, sorry this is late! My life is living chaos! Same goes for my Santee, but that was finally shipped today, you should have it this weekend.

A new fidget spinner, the smallest hotwheel I've ever seen, and some very nice local cooking things, my fiancé really likes flavored olive oils, so she's excited about that, and I think I'll use the BBQ sauce on a huge batch of pulled pork for New Year's, plus wall candy for whenever I build a real garage.

And three great books! I already started reading Moonshot when I got a few minutes to myself this weekend.

Thanks IOwnCalculus! that's an awesome assortment!

Glad it all made it there safely - the glass bottles always make me worry but the products the Olive Mill puts out are worth the risk.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
A box has appeared:

Inside: Goodies (and a very long dick):

Inside

The black case is a set of dental picks/tools/detail stuff. And a Crescent ignition plier.

Note the toddler claiming the P1800 Gasser. Good taste, baby shark, good taste.
There was a large lump of metal in the bottom:

A 22RE Camshaft is apparently what my kiddo can lift over his head, it took a few tries, but he got it!

Letter:

Thanks Nadmonk! PirateShip would have saved you like $15 on shipping, gotta love it.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I’ve been :f5:ing like a lunatic all day. USPS has said it’s been on the truck for delivery since 6:10 and was expected for delivery tonight but seeing how it’s 7:30 Pacific I’m going to bet it’s going to need an extra day. Santee your gift is coming eventually.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

sharkytm posted:

Thanks Nadmonk! PirateShip would have saved you like $15 on shipping, gotta love it.

USPS says I have a package coming from PirateShip... :thunk:

Clues!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Santa,

I'm about to head out of town for a few days (maybe a week?) for family Christmas stuff, so if your package is delivered within that window I won't be able to get to it right away. It should have a safe place to live in the mean time, and I'll get to it as soon as I'm back. So don't worry about it if tracking shows delivery without a corresponding post on my end, I'm not ignoring you on purpose or anything!

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

sharkytm posted:

A box has appeared:

Note the toddler claiming the P1800 Gasser. Good taste, baby shark, good taste.
There was a large lump of metal in the bottom:

A 22RE Camshaft is apparently what my kiddo can lift over his head, it took a few tries, but he got it!

I'm glad it was a hit! Baby Shark has excellent taste.
Surprisingly, shipping really wasn't bad via USPS.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I’ve been :f5:ing like a lunatic all day. USPS has said it’s been on the truck for delivery since 6:10 and was expected for delivery tonight but seeing how it’s 7:30 Pacific I’m going to bet it’s going to need an extra day. Santee your gift is coming eventually.

It here. And it appreciated. Photos coming soon.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 21, 2023

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
A few nights ago Night Danger Moose and spouse actually stopped by my place to personally deliver their gift. They are super awesome and their gifts were amazing, and I am a shitbag for not posting about it sooner. I will get pics tomorrow, but I wanted them to know I appreciate the hell out of the gifts and the effort of making the drive to nowhere, MD. Thanks Night Danger Moose!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Don't feel bad, mine came a couple days ago, but two emergency car repairs (for others) and various holiday obligations came first.

A box!

A sign of things to come:

o god.

ZuZu on high alert:

What a haul!

Not sure what I'll do with that sprocket. I may mount it on the garage fridge, or wall, as to me, it's excellent industrial art.

The moto & other stickers will find their way all over the garage; some will become magnets.

Saving these for Christmas Day!

A beautiful and extremely witty holiday letter from Builds Character:

Impressive selection of Cadbury's most popular! My wife & I ate the Aero bar immediately. We are husbanding the rest (i.e. she hid them from me).

The fucks and confet-dicks have escaped containment and are spreading around the Crap manse...

Nifty bottle opener goes to the garage (beer) fridge

You have a fan

Awaiting the drop ship!

A most welcome and warmly received gift pack from Builds Character

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 21, 2023

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Santa came all over!

I wonder what I will find...

Dickbutts! The blue one looks like it had a rough time in transit, but I hear they make good test subjects for whatever strange and potentially dangerous adhesives that I might find at Harbor Freight.

Carnage! This looks like there's a good story behind it. Maybe the blue dickbutt was in a tragic biking accident.

ADD catnip! I had the folding block thing as a kid except wood and held together with stickers. I played with it until it literally fell apart and I intend to do the same to this one.

Tools for delicate work. I am not a delicate man, so hopefully these will assist me in that regard.

Tools for slightly less delicate work. I do enjoy prying things open, and my only plastic spudger is very small so these will be quite useful, I think. They also click together in an extremely satisfying way.

Tools for strategic application of brute force. Now we're talkin'! :getin:

I know! I'm sorry sensei! I'll do better next time! :negative:

Some words! On a page!

My wife has been singing little drummer boy for a week straight please make it stop :suicide:

Good lord, these are sharp. They also claim they'll help with my heartburn!

Thank you for everything, Santa Linux Fairy!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Package delivered! :toot:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

IOwnCalculus posted:

Glad it all made it there safely - the glass bottles always make me worry but the products the Olive Mill puts out are worth the risk.

Thanks for bagging them nicely, the olive oil leaked a tiny bit, but it didn't escape containment.

PainterofCrap posted:

The fucks and confet-dicks have escaped containment and are spreading around the Crap manse...!

A year later and I'm still finding Builds Character's dicks from AI:SS 2022 around my house, just last week I spread them to my truck when I opened a previously unopened pocket on the moto backpack he gifted me.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
A little late but your package has been sent Santee, should arrive around boxing day.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
A box showed up from an address I don't recognize, surely it's more junk parts that I've ordered for all the projects going on and forgotten about.

Inside, a letter.

Dear CSB,
Happy Holidays!

I hope you enjoy the Ai generated stickers as much as I enjoyed making them. I know they are a little weird but when I put the first prompt in and got gobbledegook out, I had such a chuckle. Nothing screams "2023" to me more than kinda amazing, kinda terrible AI art.

I guess the "Award for most reliable vehicle in Mad Max style" might end up on your Jeep at this stage, which seems like a commentary on your fleet :D

I hope you get a kick out of "my other car is a brick in the style of a 1980s Ford advertisement featuring a 1981 F250". I generated over a dozen of these and it was really hard whittling them down to the best ones.

This note should accompany some extra bonus ??? that my sister has lovingly picked and shipped. She's about 8000 miles closer to you, so I figured we'd save some carbon miles!

May 2024 bring you peace and prosperity and many more plates of gorbage.

Peace, slothrop.

A second letter with a little truck and enclosed is Enjoy the junk and the instructions of booking a dentist appointment in the new year. How'd you know and what junk is in this box?

The Haul

These are friggin awesome and will become a part of the art that is displayed in the shop. They're hilarious. The jeep one is spot on. need to get a specialty plate that's just "BRCK".
It took me a serious minute to figure out the triangle art, and even then, I may still miss it. the heart and triangle is definitely going on the pedal fleet.

The Junk

Markers for the shop which is awesome. I bonked out on a ride last friday when past me left no junkfood on board the bike for future me, if I were carrying all this junk would be lacin' wheels this holiday break.
Going on a road trip in a few days and these will come along to pad my boredom in the surprisingly consistent mopar product. These came just in time to help buy my dentist some fresh teak for their yacht. :D
The chocolate bar has impressive heft and uh none of it is safe.

Thank you much for everything, Slothrop!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

KillHour posted:

Package delivered! :toot:

I received a package this evening.

It contained a truly decadent amount of Hi-Chew.

Also a Tamiya Fairlady Z. I need to figure out if this is the kind that needs paint and glue.

Also an itty bitty hot dog truck.

And a good amount of stickers and keychains.

Finally, a dick!

Thank you, KillHour! I'm going to put the stickers on my Alcan 5000 truck. My wife is a urologist; she's claimed the bottle opener for her office. The Hi-Chew is still strewn out over my bed. I think I might swim in it tonight.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 22, 2023

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm glad everything got there in one piece. I was kind of worried about the hotdog truck since I couldn't figure out a way to pack it that it wouldn't be at the edge of the box. It (and the keychains) came from this place, which has an absolutely mindblowing selection of every kind of model or miniature you can imagine. Deciding on something was... hard.

The stickers came from Harajuku and I couldn't stop myself from buying far too many of them.

It's kind of buried in there, but the Nintendo thing is a deck of cards. Fun fact - Nintendo started as a playing card company, and still makes them to this day.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 22, 2023

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Oh shoot, I realised I forgot to call out the genuine Nintendo playing cards! And the acoustic foam is actually needed in my office. Thanks for those too!

e. I need to figure out which keychain is most ironic on my Porsche key fob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

Oh shoot, I realised I forgot to call out the genuine Nintendo playing cards! And the acoustic foam is actually needed in my office. Thanks for those too!

e. I need to figure out which keychain is most ironic on my Porsche key fob

No worries! And I have so much of that foam... I should have included more :v:

I think the Datsun one is probably more ironic, but the VTEC one is funnier.

I'm 99% sure the Fairlady kit is this one, so yes you'll need glue and paint and far more patience than I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ij0cTrI78