Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
I wonder what Okada’s mustache style will look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

I'm gonna lose my mind if okada shows up as part of the jacksons

My guess is classic Hulkster handlebar.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Decide right now if you’re interested in Okada vs. Kommander on Dynamite or not.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Wow, Eddie looks like poo poo

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
I hope MJF brings back big band vocal performances, for the boys.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
So, even when I wasn’t watching wrestling for like 20 years I was aware of Sasha Banks and became a fan from clips posted online. I have wanted her in AEW since I learned of AEW’s existence, and I’m very excited to have her join up. She’s a great wrestler.

However, I’m a little concerned that Tony is setting himself up for another CM Punk here. Special debut show, concessions like hiring her a personal writer, and now she’s already talking about going back to the Fed the week before her debut. I assume Tony won’t have to fear for his life again, but perhapsssss he could have worked a little harder to not PRECISELY REPLICATE the CM Punk in AEW story?

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It would be very funny if the same thing happened again so I hope that’s what happens

I agree, it would be very funny, so at least we have that to look forward to.

I don’t begrudge her working anywhere she cares to, even if the timing of her comment is less than ideal for the wrestling show I like. The parallels with Punk are just not necessarily looking great at this early juncture lol

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
It’s entirely possible that her “I walked out of the Fed and now I’m just happy to be here” story will end up more like Toni Storm’s than Punk’s, but the portents are there.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I miss Punk I’m so sad he’s gone. Don’t care that you guys don’t, not my problem.

I can relate friend, I’m sad Mercedes Moné is gone from AEW. :(

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
She is Schrödinger’s Boss, simultaneously the most exciting thing that ever happened to AEW’s women’s division and also always going back to the Fed.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Kudos to Pepperman for the ingenious idea of “Let’s do a CM Punk!” Can’t say it didn’t work. I just watched Mercedes’s match against Stephanie Vaquer and I am so down to see both of them in AEW.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
I love Adam Cole just because him winning all his matches with nut shots and interference made people so mad. Just a bitch-rear end slime ball who got geeked at every PPV.

Jay White has now taken over the role and people are similarly furious about it!

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Shard posted:

im sorry are we acting like this is the first time anyone has said that hhh is in power because he married stephanie. That poo poo has been said for so long and so often I can't even remember the first time. It just always has been known.

This is the first time someone said it in 2000 WCW, though

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
My problems are stored in the balls.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
We are all sharing a cell with them in AEW Hell.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Ospreay winning the title this year is a foregone conclusion, he's just the top guy and everyone can see it. The guy's matches, promos, and even scrum soundbites are unmissable right now. He's your guy that nobody else in the world can top in 2024 and he is going to bring in the eyeballs.

There is still plenty for him to do before we get to the title, though, namely extricating him from the Don Callis Family. He will also need to collide (heh) with Moxley at some point, which is another match that's going to move tickets.

Ospreay's overness and obvious talent kinda put Swerve is a weird position for his first reign, but it's probably also a bit of a relief that he doesn't have as much pressure to "carry" AEW the way that, say, MJF did. There are fresh matchups they can do with Christian, Jack Perry, Okada, and others and there are a couple of ready-made rivals in Hangman and Keith Lee, assuming either of them is available to wrestle. Swerve is also over and they should 100% have him wrestle Ospreay because that match would be terribly sick.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Pretty much all my friends and family say AEW is too cheesy, also. But they are casuals who only know that AEW is some kind of professional wrestling.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
He’s buying a Harley as we speak. :(

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Swerve is still Killmonger. He will be pushed to extremes again soon.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
Shad Khan’s onscreen war against the Elite has only just begun.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
The old head of the company was attacked by the new heads of the company. Why would they discipline themselves?

This is exactly sort of lawlessness that is killing AEW.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
He can’t, sadly. The doctors say it would be too sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
I am morbidly curious about what roided-out Danhausen would do in WWE.