Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

AEW has more great wrestlers now on the roster than they did back when the company started but somehow it feels like the wrestling matches they're having are less interesting. I would have enjoyed the Bucks vs Golden Jets match more if the build for it had not been so weak. Then MJF had a crazy match with Jay White and I could barely get into it because of how dumb the build was. Roderick Strong is now just the guy who yells Adam in a funny way. Toni Storm's a great wrestler with a completely nonsensical gimmick.

I think I started getting disillusioned in AEW when Statlander came back as a super babyface and won the title by cashing in on an already tired Jade.

That being said I'm pretty excited for the C2, I don't think they can gently caress that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

yea ok posted:

get hype

The G1 has had Fale, Yoshi-Hashi, Chase Owens and a bunch of other stinkers that are not on the level of Mark Briscoe so his inclusion doesn't really concern me, but we'll see if they announce Ryan Nemeth and Serpentico being in the C2 tomorrow.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

A lot of the midcarders are good-great wrestlers who are booked like idiot losers so hopefully it would be an opportunity for them to just go out and have good matches. But who knows! I'm putting my money where my mouth is!

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've been sending TK $600 every month to help pay for Evil Uno's contract

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

smarxist posted:

wow, john cruz AND serpentico

what if Infinito is in the C2

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I miss the days when AEW's greatest non-Cody related sins were that every single wrestler interview was instantly interrupted by the heels before the face had time to answer a single question.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

It's one of the only Dynamites in recent weeks I'll be able to watch live, so Tony better put his money where his mouth is and not appear on television to make an awkward announcement that could be made by a wrestler with some charisma.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

It's so weird that Adam Cole messed his ankle up to the point where he's unable to wrestle for several months and they decided to keep the tag belt on him and have him show up in multiple segments each week. I don't even hate him as a wrestler but it takes him 7 minutes to hobble to the ring and then say all his catchphrases and we're not even getting a match out of it.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

This is pretty funny and I'm glad CM Punk is far away from AEW but it would be especially funny if he interrupted Cody's story.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've been tricked into posting in the thread for freaks who like CM Punk and I don't like it

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Was thinking about how it was cool to see Lee Moriarty and it made me realize that despite the actual roster size it feels like the AEW roster is 9 guys who all work part time, like they're always scrambling to book anyone who might be available on that day. They're announcing matches the day of the show and it's Kris Stat vs Diamante who hasn't been on TV since August, Keith Lee against Lee Moriarty who hasn't been on since July, Julia Hart vs the Subzero jobber lady who hasn't been on TV since June. Does the rest of the roster just not want to work on a Saturday? I guess they're not booking anyone who is in the C2 outside of their league matches and they decided to just have all the RoH people show up to be jobbers.

Jobbers are cool when their match lasts 32 seconds and they get killed by a huge powerbomb or whatever. I don't want Kris Statlander fighting the wrestling equivalent of a goomba for 9 minutes. Shane Taylor has never been on TV and they're talking about his feud with Keith Lee like it's a big deal. Lady Frost earns a title shot by getting ultra killed anytime she's on TV. I haven't been able to watch dynamite much the past couple of months so maybe I'm missing something.

I'm sorry for calling Diamante a goomba I like her

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Hangman made Mox say "please mr Hanger sir don't kill my little baby boy Yuta, I give up"

and that owned as a finish

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Pair Jericho up with the Hardys and have them job to Top Flight as punishment for sucking the enjoyment out of seeing Kenny Omega on TV

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

"This is the best environment where wrestlers can focus only on fighting in the ring."

oh no they really removed his brain and every time he sees MJF he just blacks out

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

At World's End, the Devil pulls the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled and convinces the world the bad booking is over. Joe wins clean.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

List of people I'm ok with being the Devil:
PAC
The Impractical Jokers guys
Cavauro(knowing how much taller than Seamus he is, I really see him in a new light)
The swole cameraman who everyone thought was Claudio for a while
Chris Bauer

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Hirez posted:

Tony told me that the devil reveal is going to "Shock" the world, re-doing the full stumble and afterwards will never be heard from again

You know, I would be fine if the Devil ended up being Tom Lawlor in his Shockmaster cosplay and everyone just acknowledged how dumb it was and then moved on.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Someone needs to give Bryan Danielson the power to jail and possibly compromise to a permanent end wrestlers for their poor social media conduct.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

the entire AEW roster posting like they've got a substitute teacher today

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

AEW is going to be able to afford Mercedes Mone's contract with all of those fines for posting the stupidest poo poo on social media

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Maybe Wardlow was in London, Ontario

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

It seems like it would be pretty difficult to hide such a serious injury for over a year. If Keith Lee somehow managed it then congratulations on hiding an injury well enough to gently caress up the plans for a PPV match with one of AEW's current hottest stars on the day of the PPV, I guess. It sucks that Keith Lee never achieved his full potential in AEW but at this point if he's been wrestling injured for a year and making things worse it's his own fault and it's time to move on.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

If you really think about it, a LOT of wrestlers jeopardized the Wembley show by not asking CM Punk for advice enough.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Like OK yes provoking Punk is a stupid move because he's apparently a barely sentient rage elemental, but Jack Perry literally just said "It's real glass, cry me a river" and if that was enough to almost ruin the Wembley show then Punk should have been fired a long time ago. Maybe fire him for making digs at Hangman while he was feuding with someone else, that would make as much sense as suspending Jack Perry for saying the mildest thing possible.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

that'll put asses in seats

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I'm sorry to report that Sting's aura is tainted by Flair's stink

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

The Hell thread has been full of demons ever since Samoa Joe sent the Devil packing.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

If Okada shows up in AEW it will be like the doomslayer came into this thread and killed all the demons

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

projecthalaxy posted:

Singles Match

Adam Copeland vs. Minoru Suzuki

Singles Match

Jeff Hardy vs. Swerve Strickland

Singles Match

Penta El Zero Miedo vs. Adam Page

Singles Match

Trent Beretta vs. Wardlow

AEW World Trios Title Match

Billy Gunn & The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens & Max Caster) (c) vs. The Mogul Embassy (Bishop Kaun, Brian Cage & Toa Liona) (w/Prince Nana)

Wowzers!

This card does not stir my heart much, but you know what does? The fact that we have a card and not just Tony announcing the matches 35 minutes before the start of the show like he didn't know who was going to show up to work.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I used to think Danhausen was OK but ever since he was slightly whiny on twitter I've wished him ill.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

There was a period of what feels like months where the majority of the card would be announced by Tony on twitter the day of the show, which can't have been great for ticket sales. Would you buy tickets to a show where all that was announce was that you would HEAR FROM MJF and there would be some ROH matches between Josh Woods and a member of the audience ?

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Having the Golden Jets as long term tag team champions would have sent me straight to the ninth layer

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Give FTR Hair the chair. You have to be a special kind of psycho to flash your gun at someone right before the biggest wrestling show ever

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

the four pillars each had their little color like they were the power rangers, I think that's cute and they were all equally good. Except Akira Taue I don't know who that is.

Pro wrestling can't just be two guys looking like Gunloc and Biff Slamkovich trading beautiful dropkicks for every single match so I think Eddie's fine, but it did feel a little weird to see him on a morning talk show. Like if you weren't familiar with AEW and you saw the living embodiment of a cigarette promoting the product you probably wouldn't rush to order the PPV.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Swerve yelled at an actual baby but he also killed another, bigger baby(Nick Wayne) and the biggest baby(Hangman) making him a good guy because the two rights cancel the one wrong.

You'd have to be a dummy idiot to think they want you to cheer the guy who refused to extend the match 5 minutes.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

Did anyone say Nick Jackson should Dick Jacksoff yet.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

The Young Bucks are the best tag team in the world.

You disagree? Maybe you prefer the Hardy boys? Didn't think so.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

"They should have kept CM Punk" is the opinion of a true hell devil. What was CM punk's character? Being a very thin skinned very popular failed UFC fighter carrying a bag of trash isn't much of a character imo

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

FTR have been having better matches since swapping out CM Punk for Daniel Garcia. Curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I think it's fine to talk about cum and jizz aall the time but it does limit their ceiling as a gimmick a little bit.